The only Californian in the barn

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMALL S RABBITRY

Reaction score
This is Casper he is the only Cal in the barn at this time and for 3 1/2 months old I think he is a pretty good one what do yall think. Toby

CASPER4.jpg

CASPER.jpg

sorry about this pic he really looks better then this he moved just as I snapped the shot.

CASPER6.jpg

CASPER5.jpg

I would expect a cali of that age to weigh in at least 7 lbs or more... I had 10 week old cali's that were over 7 lbs....

Well fryers 12 weeks old cant be over 5lbs

jr does under 6 months not over 8 1/2 lbs
jr bucks under 6 months not over 8 lbs

intermediat bucks and does
does under 8 months not over 9 1/2 lbs
bucks under 8 months not over 9 lbs

sr bucks and does
does 8 months and over 8 1/2-10 lbs ideal 9 1/2 lbs
bucks 8 months and over 8-10 lbs ideal 9 lbs

From what i can tell his shoulders look pretty weak. Also his ears look a little short to me. I think he peaks a little early and you cant really tell much from his hindquarters from the photo you used. The angle is to where you cant tell anything about it

I thought between 8 and 10 weeks they should be 3-5 pounds. I know they were wanting atleast 5 pounds at the fair i was at.

The harlie I'm buying is 5 pounds at 3 months..... he's small for a californian.

I was thinking they were the size of New Zealands..... but I am wrong. And around here it is the New Zelands because they do grow faster.

so i appologize.

I have 4 californians. When they were around 3 months, they only weighed about 5 lbs. or so. My doe went on to win 2 BOS and one BOB, so she must have been in good flesh, and she was not that big. I also noted that some people did have larger californians, but mine were smaller and did just fine in the show ring.

The Haven Rabbitry wrote:
I have 4 californians. When they were around 3 months, they only weighed about 5 lbs. or so. My doe went on to win 2 BOS and one BOB, so she must have been in good flesh, and she was not that big. I also noted that some people did have larger californians, but mine were smaller and did just fine in the show ring.
Thank you very much we had a bunch of cals when I raised rabbits before and they all where smaller and more compaced then some I have seen and we always did great with them that is why I was asking for people to let me know what they thought.......Toby

Small S,

You can go to my website to check my guys out. It's www.stoneycreekrabbitry.weebly.com

I have just gotten into them, but with a great couple of mentors, and my opinion, I think he looks pretty nice. Again, it's different to see them in pictures (mine are not posed in the pics you see on the website) and it's subjective. One judge could love him and the next could hate him. I think he has potential. I would take him to the next show and just see how he does. Good luck!

The Haven Rabbitry wrote:
Small S,

You can go to my website to check my guys out. It's http://www.stoneycreekrabbitry.weebly.com

I have just gotten into them, but with a great couple of mentors, and my opinion, I think he looks pretty nice. Again, it's different to see them in pictures (mine are not posed in the pics you see on the website) and it's subjective. One judge could love him and the next could hate him. I think he has potential. I would take him to the next show and just see how he does. Good luck!
My son T.J. is taking him to the 4-H extrvaganza the 20th of this month and ARBA judges are doing the judging so we will see how he does.........and Thanks Toby

Back