The "one thing you didn't know about me" thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh, i love watching the girls next door. . .

*Ack!* How could I have forgotten Idol???? Inever miss an episode, ever since I began watching it three years ago!(Yes, I admit it, I'm an Idoholic.)

Hey Bassetluv, I put this in another thread Ithink, but, a girl from a band in Chicago comes here sometimes to ourtown, she was on Idol last year, forgot the words to a song, got theboot and is back this year! How exciting, her name isGina. I hope she does well. :D

I grew up on Nurnberg, Germany.

In college I taught ice skating lessons and had a Doroty Hamill haircut(age giveaway!). My first job after college was teaching mathin French in the Ivory Coast.

Things that make me cringe: aging hippies,butterflies, false teeth, painted toe nails and toe rings,big, big, big implants, green tomato horn worms and stuffed peppers.

Marcel or Ilan? - Definitely Marcel

I am a fabricaholic and quiltaholic. The stash is at soemthing like 800 to 1,000 yards of fabric.

I collect and restore vintage embroideries, linens and vintage hats.

I also collect Rookwood and Weller pottery and ice fishing lures made by ancient, oldmen in Minnesota.

Very neat! It's fun to be able to root forsomeone from your area. There was a girl on when they were showing theinitial auditions this year, she was from Santa Monica I think, but isoriginally from here...Ottawa, Canada. Unfortunately she got cut lastweek. Ah well, there's always next year.

I'll have to watch for your girl and see how she does!

Hm, here are a few things.

- I'm deathly allergic to nuts and tree nuts. I almost died when I was3 after eating something that had walnuts in it before my allergy wasdiagnosed. If I hadn't woken up from my nap after, I would be deadright now.

- I've owned a pot bellied pig, Willy.

- I used to have A TON of birds. Cockateils, budgies, an African gray.One of my mom's parrots flew away when the patio door was left open. Wenever did find Jade.

- My favourite food is my Oma'sadaptionof bahmi goreng, an Indonesian dish. It's so good!

-Once when I was five, I almost ruptured my eyewhen I tripped and hit my face on the corner of the coffee table.Luckily, I just missed my eye and only needed surgical tape (not evenstitches).
-I had something called an odontoma removed from my mouth when I was inmiddle school (its a benign mass of tooth fragments in the gums)
-I have only broken one bone, my left foot little toe
-I can't spell "tomorrow" correctly without thinking about it
-I have a 4.0, but have to count on my fingers and never fully learned my multiplication tables:shock:
-I hate needles and nearly passed out once when a doctor told me I'dneed a blood test (I didn't actually pass out, but I turned pale enoughto freak out this poor student doctor who was in the room!)
-My favorite school subject is foreign languages (I took 3 years ofSpanish, but French is by far my favorite and next year I'll be inlevel 5
-I love computers and can't wait to install Vista on my pc.
-My AP Bio teacher has a pet rabbit who she lets run around the room during class.

Guess I'll contribute too ;)

1. Last spring, I went to Japan for ten days. Best ten days of my LIFE.
2. On that note, I'm in my fourth year of learning Japanese in school(Fifth if you count the year I tried to teach myself before that)
3. In almost every single dream I have, I'm a boy, and I can fly. (Usually after I realize it's a dream)
4. I also have a needle-phobia, as I see a few others on this forumdo... The last time I had to get a shot, mom had to give me twodifferent kinds of fairly heavy sedatives, and gave me a shot of rum insome Pepsi, and a Sugar Daddy (Candy...mmm) I still freaked out quite abit, but it took me less than two hours to calm down thistime. Improvement! ;)
5. I think the record here was sixteen, but I'm eighteen and I've neverhad a boyfriend/been kissed/ etc, either. You're not alone :D
6. I have bad luck with reptiles....they all seem to die in my secondyear of having them. My last one died on Halloween day, andshe was my favourite (I cried for weeks...).
7. I'm a Democrat. Pretty far left one at that.
8. I play DDR. Best exercise EVER.

Okay, that's some weird stuff about me that nobody probably knew... Yay :bunnydance:

Bunnydude: APBio!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the cool people club.That’s all I have to say.

TinysMom: I don’t mean to offend anyone,it’s just that, I really don’t need to hear them advising us on how itis supposedly a problem that we can’t back up every claim with a Biblequote, etc. After a while I think it’s important to justagree to disagree. That’s part of the reason that I seriouslydidn’t get along with my mom’s last boyfriend, who was a creationist,yeah… that didn’t go well.

Maherwoman: I didn’t mean to make it seemlike you didn’t love your daughter, I know you do. Iunderstand that there are probably things you would change now, but Ialso believe that people will feel that way about every thing that hashappened in their past, right? I’m just the sort of weirdperson who can basically relate anything to whatever I’m thinking aboutat the moment.

So, what have welearned? About ½ of what Christina says can beignored.

-sigh-

JadeIcing wrote:
4) I want to be a vet tech

Me too :)

Anddd I'm 18;obsessed with tennis. I played on my HS team for4 years andI teach tennis to little kids in the summer.

I love cats. We currently have 6, well 7 if you add the stray cat (that we will keep no matter what, mom :) )

I have been a strait A student my whole life,and got accepted into vet school, half way through my first semester, iwas diagnose with a brain tumer and now rely compleatly onspell check and calculators to do anything that requires thinking!

what a waste of 14 years in school!

but for some reason, i call it my compasion center of my brain was unhurt, because anything about animals, i am a sponge! i hope to go backto school next fall!

oh and i never learned how do do long devision!

also... I have been engaged for 7 years!

and I am 22 years old!

I don't post very often but thought I would chime in to the 'intresting facts'.

I was born in Stuttgart, Germany.

At 11 months I had a VP shunt installed for hydrocephalus.

My parents adopted my first cat when I was 2 and she was almost 2months older then me. But has since been put down due to health issuesright before her 16th birthday.

I was an Army brat so also lived in Anchorage, Alaska (techincally Ft. Richardson) and near Warenton, Virginia.

My brother was diagnosedwith Leukemia at the age of 3 1/2 and is doing wonderful now at the age of 17.

I live in a tiny town with 3 roads that contains about 90 people. Mytiny town is surrounded by Ohio country roads and fields and I love it!

In 2002, my youngest first cousin was killed in a car and bicycle accident.

My mom has a first cousin that I'm close with and adore their 3 children and would claim them as my children.

The cousin's family that I adore just happens to be 'underinvestigation' with the genetic doctors right now. In April 2006 theyhad a baby boy- Calvin that was born with a rare gentic condition anddied in May of 2006.

2006 was a bad year with 4 family deaths- cancer, genetic, heart attack and sucide.

I'm going to college for medical office option and half way through the course.

I've had rabbits since 1998 as that'swhen we stopped moving all over the world/country.

The last day that I was techiqually a 4-H member was also my first dayas a 4-H advisor. All of my '4-H kids' were also my fellow 4-H membersand now am an advisor for my cousin that I adore.

I started getting grey hair at the age of 17 so have been dying my hair regularly for the past 4 years.

I am a die heart fan of country music and actually just this past weekend saw George Strait, Ronnie Milsap and Taylor Swift.

I'veseen a few people in concert--TerriClark, Andy Griggs, Cledus T. Judd, Blaine Larsen, Neil McCoy, RonnieMilsap, Craig Morgan, Kenny Rogers, Blake Shelton, George Strait,Taylor Swift, Gretchen Wilson, and VanZant

In the near future I plan on seeing Martina McBride and KennyChesney through a tour companyand Terri Clark and Josh Gracinat our county fair.

I'm a Gilmore Girls and Big Brother fan.

My Great Grandma's great nephew, DelPenetcosthasplayed in a few movies including Coyote Ugly as the bar's securityguard.

I used to hate rednecks and hicks but have slowly evolved into a country girl.

I drive a cityish truck- Dakota withrunning boards and dual exhaust.

For the most part,I live a dual lifestyle that just involveswork, college and caring for the animals that claim my house as theirs.

Dwarf Angel, don't feel bad about your hair. Igot my first grey hair on my 22nd birthday. (I know not as traumatic asgetting it at 17, but it was still a shock) I have a handful of themnow, at 25 and I just let them all hang out. I like them, they are apretty silver with gold highlights and stand out against my dark brownhair.

~Star~

Well, grey hair at a young age just goes to show how wise we are. :)

I had to start dying my hair at 17 as there was NO WAY I was going towalk across the stage at my high school graduation with grey hairs onmy head. ;)

i have gray hair too! it runs in the family, igot my firt when i was 15, and right now i am 19 and letting them grow.. .you can hadly see them, my hair just looks really really shiny. . .

my sister is 25 and has had grey hair since she was like 4. . . my momeven saved her first grey hair. . .now if she doesn't die her hair itis completely salt and pepper!

Aww...Sweetie...I'm sorry...

I'm a tad defensive about having my daughter, and what people thinkabout my loving her and such...mostly because my sisters and mother(and most of my non-friends at the time) some how expected me to NOTlove her. I still don't understand why they felt that way,since heck!! I even love my stuffies!!

Who couldn't love a face like this:
000_0048.jpg

My family's aweful (except for my dad)...I wasn't upset with you...itwas an automatic reaction I have on the subject. I'm so sorryto have made you feel bad...:hug2:

Love and hugs!!!

Rosie*

missyscove wrote:

Maherwoman: I didn’t mean to make itseem like you didn’t love your daughter, I know you do. Iunderstand that there are probably things you would change now, but Ialso believe that people will feel that way about every thing that hashappened in their past, right? I’m just the sort of weirdperson who can basically relate anything to whatever I’m thinking aboutat the moment.

So, whathave we learned? About ½ of what Christina says can beignored.

-sigh-

Okay, a few silly things I wanted to add:

- I love Fear Factor and Survivor...and have seen just about ever FearFactor. My daughter and I just love watching people pushtheir bodies and minds to the limit. It's really neat to seehuman strength and ability.

- I am an obsessive MySpace survey-taker. To the point whereI sometimes go searching online for surveys to take and post in thebulletin section. Hehe!!

- I love to cross stitch, but haven't done any in at least four years.

- When I was about fifteen, I wound up getting scratches all over myeyes from my contacts. The dr said I had scratches so closeto my cornea, I almost wound up losing my eye. I couldn'twear anything for my eyes except the goopy medicine they gave me toapply directly on my eyes, for about two weeks...meaning I couldn't goto school, because even from the front row, I couldn't see anything buta blank chalkboard (even if it was full of writing). When I'mtired, and my eyes get really dry, I can still feel the scars fromthose scratches....*shudder*

- When I was about ten, I was reclining on the lawn, and suddenly feltmy hand covered in biting fireants. It was then that Iquickly learned I was allergic to them...as my hand swelled up sobadly, I couldn't write for two weeks!

- When I was about sixteen, I had a viral infection in my stomach, andwound up going into anaphylactic (sp?) shock from the medication theyprescribed me. My mother didn't even notice (notice commentabout my family in above post) that I wasn't able to talk, and I had toslap the couch as hard as I could with my hand to get her attentionbefore she would call the ambulance. She was on her way tobed...and they later told me that if she hadn't noticed, I could verywell have died that night. I was to the point where my tonguewas swollen and convulsing...and they had to give me a shot ofepinephrine for my heart. Crazy...until that moment, mymother had been telling me to calm down about my tongue feeling swollenand had been telling me nothing was wrong with me...*sigh*

- I was sick so much as a kid, that they took so many blood tests andsuch, that I still have marks in my arm from all the hundreds(literally) of needle pricks! I've been pricked by needles inthe same spot so many times, that by the age of 10, I knew to give themmy right arm, because it was my best. (Hehe...my veins havealways been quite the nurse's dream...my sister used to BEG me to lether test her IV-setting skills on my veins...I just couldn't go throughwith that!! It scared me a little the way she would look atmy veins...:shock:)

- I wound up having a child that was 2oz shy of 10lbs naturally (i.e.without medication)...and not by choice...the epidural didn't work ATALL. They tried redoing the whole getup THREE TIMES (and youladies that have had kids one know how painful ONE is!!), and it stilldidn't work a wink. Eventually it was too late to tryanymore, and I was too weak from it all to want to continue trying...soI gave up and just had her naturally.

- I almost passed out during getting my one (and only)tattoo. My ex had to go get me a glass of water, and we hadto take a break, because, even though I was laying down, I was quiteclose to passing out! What a wuss!!

On to the questions:

Spring: Are pot belly pigs as sweet as they say? What's it like having one??

Starina: LOVE the bluddys....totally adorable...and oh so funny...can you PM me with how much they are, and such?

Hugs, all! :D

Willy wasn't very friendly. I don't know whatwas wrong with him, but he always used to chase us and try to bite ourankles when we went into his pen. I was only 7 when we had him, and wereally didn't know much about them, but we think he might of hadsomething wrong with his brain. He loved zucchini though!
I havea scanner, so I'll see if I can upload some pictures of Willy :D

Hi Dwarf Angel! A good friend of minein high school also had a shunt put in for hydrocephalus when she was ababy. She was adopted, and the doctor told her adoptiveparents to send her back because she'd never walk or talk because ofhow late it was found!:shock: So they found another doctor todo the procedure and never went back to the first jerk again.Just to prove the first doctor wrong, my friend could not only walk andtalk but was in the advanced math courses, was the best debate partnerI ever had, was a cheerleader, and the lead in several musicals. Shegraduated at the top of our class. So much for the supposedbrain damage.

Just thought I'd share.:)

maherwoman wrote:
- I wound up having a child that was 2oz shy of 10lbsnaturally (i.e. without medication)...and not by choice...the epiduraldidn't work AT ALL. They tried redoing the whole getup THREETIMES (and you ladies that have had kids one know how painful ONEis!!), and it still didn't work a wink. Eventually it was toolate to try anymore, and I was too weak from it all to want to continuetrying...so I gave up and just had her naturally.
I was 9lbs, 12 oz, and they induced a week early because I was getting too big.

Your daughter is beautiful! I'm sure she's just as spoiled as your bunnies are ;)

Back