The oh so famous words of Alice Cooper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My kids got out today also.

music-smiley-005.gif

I've seen Alice Cooper twice, met his drummer (Eric Singer) and love those guys!

music-smiley-009.gif

Bo B Bunny wrote:
My kids got out today also.
music-smiley-005.gif

I've seen Alice Cooper twice, met his drummer (Eric Singer) and love those guys!

music-smiley-009.gif

I LOVE Alice Cooper! I've seen him a few times, he put on SUCH a GREAT stage show! Saw him 2 summers ago, his daughter danced (ballet) in a dream sequence for one of his songs. She was VERY good!

We have 15 more days of elementary school and 6 more days of High school (then a week of exams !!!). The college let out 2 weeks ago, so my daughter is staying up til 3-4 am (playing D&D or Gaia online) and sleeping til 1 pm. But her summer job starts in 2 weeks, so that's gonna come to an end!

Once school is out, I only have to work ONE job for the summer! YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!

COOL! I never dreamed someone here would be a fan of theirs besides me! I saw them last time during the Bare Bones tour. His daughter was with them then also! and of course his snakes! The time before was the "Eyes of Alice Cooper" tour I think.

Eric was a guest at a KISS expo I attended one year LOL! He was very sweet and I talked to him for quite a time - he's also KISS' drummer. I like all that theatrical rock stuff.... it's fun!

Sorry to hijack this thread Montana! LOL! I am quite quirky when it's about music.... I listen to all sorts of stuff! Classical music, Country, Rock, Theatrical Rock.... :biggrin2:

Oh you lucky people. :grumpy:

I have still another 7 exams to do, I've already done 14. Some people only have 3 left. :( My last one is on June 20th, then I am free, woo! The rest of the school finished on the 30th though. Cannot wait to get off! Now back to Chemistry revision for tomorrow..

Fran I can't believe you have to go back after exams!! :shock: What do you do, isn't all the work done?

It's my GCSEs, the exams for the end of compulsory education in the UK. I'm actually doing 11 subjects, but most of them have 2 papers. :? And because I chose to do Triple Award Science (ie the three sciences are completely separate) I have more exams than most and they go on longer. But this is the end of most subjects for me (yay!) next year I'm just doing the three sciences and maths, provided I get the grades needed. :)

I'm in Y12... we go back to start Y13 curriculum. Its only the Y11's and the Y13'S that don't have to go back after exams, because all the work is done. Although, i am lucky. Because our 6th form is combined (i have ICT lessons at the boys school across town - yes - i have to walk there in the middle of the day :() they mucked up our timetables. The boys school have changed to next years time tables (the Y13 one) whereas my school have decided to run the same timetable until the official end of the year. This basically means that my ICT lessons are at the same time as my other lessons at my own school. I no longer have lessons on Fridays anymore and i only have 1 hour of school on a Wednesday every other week. I'm now basically in school on Mondays: 11-3, Tuesdays: 9-1.30, Wednesdays either none or 1 hour lesson at 2.30, Thursday 11-3, and nothing on a Friday!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

pinksalamander wrote:
Blimey, you get out early. I go back from study leave on the 16th of June, and officially break up on the 23rd of July!

^ That's about the same for me!:grumpy:Ah well, at least I have another week and a half off before I have to go back.:biggrin2:Some of my poor friends still haven't finished their AS's and they are usually the earliest exams to start/finish!:shock:

BBB - our education system is ridiculous (in my opinion:p). We areone of the most examined generations in the world.:rollseyesMy family has friends over in America and they say your guys education system with SATsis so much less stressful. Lucky!:p

We have standardized testing each year for students to see how they are doing. In addition to that we have SAT's for high school students planning to attend college/uni. Our state requires that all outgoing high school students must pass a standardized (ISTEP) test in order to graduate. They offer different types of diplomas in most places (Luke will get the highest type next year - an Academic Honors Diploma) and Jr. High and High School students take finals at the end of each quarter/trimester for the classes they are in.

I think my kids are the "most tested" generation! I feel so bad for them.

New York State has mid-year standardized tests in grades 1,3,5,7 and 9. Plustwo 4 hour examsin Math and ELA (Eanglish Language Arts) in Grades 4,8 and 12. (What 10 year old can sit for 4 hours to take a test? Our school usually breaks it up into two sessions). This doesn't include the regular mid-terms and final exams in each subject, as well as the NY State Regents Exams in 9, 10, 11, and 12, in each subject.

I question if they are really learning the subject matter or just memorizing what they need to pass a test.

We have SATs every other year from the age of 6. Then we have the 11+ (which you take at 11) then ther is the optional 13+, then there are GCSEs at 16, then there are AS's at 17, then there are A-Levels at 18. In between that there are mock SATs, mock GCSE's and everything few and far between. :faint:

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Latest posts

Back