The most embarassing thing that has ever happened to you

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too funny. I place I worked had this happen all too often, so they banned people from making popcorn in the office anymore. LOL...you're not alone in it...

zakfoxmom wrote:
Ok this was just yesterday. Our office has about 55 people on our floor. Yesterday I decided to make a bag of popcorn. I put it in the microwave, went to my desk to do one thing and forgot about the popcorn.

When I remembered and went back, the hallway was smoky and stinky. I got the popcorn out of the microwave and put it in the sink and turned the water on to put out the fire. I freaked out because I was afraid the fire alarm was going to go off because it was right there on the wall.

My co-worker and I opened the door to the hall and were using flattened out boxes as fans to make the smoke go away. Then Igota can of lemon airfreshner and pretty much sprayed most of the office. Luckily the alarm never went off. I had to send out an all-office email letting everyone know that the office was not on fire that I had just burned some popcorn. Boy lemon airfreshner and burned popcorn do not smell good together!

My co-worker and I smelled like burned popcorn the rest of the afternoon. I was completely humiliated.

The only one of mine that I can think of right at this moment was the time that I was eating lunch with my sister in our office's downstairs lobby (which had a little section off to the side with tables and chairs that many people in the office would frequent to eat).

My sister has always had the knack of saying something really hilarious the moment I take a drink of something. So, she did exactly that, right when I took a nice big swig of soda, and I wound up laughing so hard, I spit all the soda out...but my head was tilted back, so it wound up landing allllll over my face and my glasses. Needless to say, we laughed long and hard about it, AFTER looking around to see if anyone saw! Horribly embarassing...

Another time she made me laugh, it was on Thanksgiving as a teenager, and I wound up spitting out my red koolaid all over my mashed potatoes. My mother got so mad, she left the house...lol!! We still laugh about it every Thanksgiving!!

And one of my mother's...kin to another post here...

She was at the grocery store, walking down the aisle, when she felt something slide down her pants leg. When she reached down to pull whatever it was out, she discovered it was a pair of dirty underwear from the last time she wore the pants!! She was mortified (my mother is one who embarasses VERY easily), and stuffed them into her purse as quickly as she possibly could. I think she even left the store after!

If I think of more, I'll post them...there are MANY, believe me! :D

:shock:I'd have to say...after having my librarybooks checked out by the desk librarian, walking through the 'electricsensitive' or 'shoplifting sensitive' doors (you know what I mean), andhaving the alarm go off! Oh...the shame. 'Twas nota fault of mine; the librarian failed to check 1 item.Phew!!!!:blushan

I happen to constantly embarass myself :D
It's one of my charming qualities!

On the first day of school a few years ago, we had a new Biologyteacher who decided to play HangMan in order for her to get to know us.We played a few rounds and suddenly I realized I knew the answer to thepuzzle that looked like this:
orga_ _ s_
It was suppose to be organism.
I was so excited to know the answer that I jumped up and yelled a word very similar to organism but not quite.
Any guesses on what I choose to yell? I'll give you a hint: Take out the ni.
I still go red thinking about it! :blushan

Later the same year at lunch, with several of the girls from the verysame class, I was wearing knee high black leather boots, a very shortblack skirt and a blouse when we decided to eat on the picnic benchesto watch the older boys play basketball. I stepped down, my feet flewup from underneath me and I tumbled head first down a hill, skirt andboots everywhere. My lunch lost somewhere in the dirt.
My friends laughed so hard they couldn't even help me up!

Love reading these!

oh my gosh! LOL...

well a couple of Summers ago my friend had a forign Exchange studentlive with her for the year. and well during a bon fire. he had ablanket wrapped around him and i asked him where he got it adn he saidits his Chemastry blanket. i asked him if that was a town in Germany(thats where he's from) and EVERYONE started to laugh at me. and ididnt get it. i was being dead serious. and yeah.. im sure once he gotback that was a story he told everyone. LOL

I get embarrassed too easily if it is something so mortified to me.

I worked at Kaufmanns. Well I had just started there and I did not haveany cash to buy the right kind of shoes. Well the only dress shoes ihad were like rubber platforms. I loved them shoes. Me being short I am5'1 when I wore the shoes it makes me about 5'5. Pretty high right.

Well I was on break and needed to use the rest room. On my way out ofthe rest room my ankle and knee decides to give out, I hit my head sohard on the wall and when I got up I heard a snicker, my face was sobeat red that I ended up leaving early that day. lol.

I worked at Kennywood Amusement Park, I was the ride operator drivingthe train from 1800's, the race cars and the indoor scary ride. Well Iwas working on the Auto Race Ride, we had to jump on the side of thecars until it stops and then let people out right, It was my first dayworking on that ride from being transfered over from Kiddie land. So Idecided to be a hot shot cause there were some cute guys standing inlind, The car was coming in so fast cause my worker hit the button onetoo many times, I go to jump on the side of the car, well I lost mygrip on the steering wheel, flew forward right into the back seat ofthe ride.everyone was laughing so hard even the person on theride, none of my friends(workers) helped me cause they were in tearslaughing.

I got more when I get back

;)Your antidotes make my 'library book' scenariolook rather 'victorian' ha ha! Hope you've overcome theseembarassments!

Back