The magic of water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Well you guys, I've resorted to desperatemeasures with Mocha!His chewing and biting has become so badthat I resorted to using a water bottle to spray him even though Ididn't want to before because that's how I cool him off and didn't wantto think he's being punished for nothing when I'm cooling him off. I'llhave to figure out something else for hot days.

Well Mocha is getting bad for chewing on the wire fencing and I'veheard it's bad for their teeth to have that constant pulling, etc. Hehas a ton of wood and other things to chew on but when I'm not in hisrun, he chews constantly to get where people are or just to reach somegrass or leaves. It's to the point it's annoying and he biteseverything now, from me to a plastic tube. It's painful for me and I'mthinking it's because he's never been punished that he thinks it'sacceptable. So today, I got so fed up with it that I got a spray bottleand sat on the other side of the fence petting Spice. Mocha wanted onour side to be pet so bad that he started chewing and much to hisdislike, got a squirt from the bottle. He did that twice more beforeturning away from the fence and getting a raspberry leaf as a reward.Ever since it only takes one squirt and he gives me the bunny butt. Andif he goes over to the fence but doesn't chew, he gets a reward for it,I'm hoping this is a start! Not even Mocha can resist a raspberry leaf,even if they are mad at me for spraying them, lol.

I think it's a miracle, I hate his biting so much. :X

Glad he didn't like it, Laura!

He knows the difference between cooling off and getting shot at!

WARNING: As time goes on, you'll need to shoot more than once.

-Carolyn

P.S. You're right about them chewing on the wire of their cage. It can chip or break a tooth.

I have to get a proper water bottle, this oneonly sprays a fine mist but even that's bad enough right now. When hegets worse I'll just have to get a different water bottle and then Ican adjust the hardness depending on what it takes to get into his headthat it's a "no" thing!

It's a miracle, one spray and instant angel! lmao.

Dear Laura,

I did laugh in spite of you today. I wish you were here to see it.

Tucker's tail went up just next to the litterbox, as per usual, and Ireached for that gun. It was right next to me, and said, "Tucker: Getin the box!". Before I could draw the gun, keeping my eye on thetarget, *Boing!!* :shock: He did one of those 3 feet jumps into the airand landed on the pooper scooper next to his litterbox.

He was so embarrassed, but the little stinker ran. I'm tellin ya, itgets to the point where you're Elmer Fudd goin wabbit huntin.

I did laugh and thought of you immediately. So wished you were here tosee it because I know you would've gotten a kick out of it.

I have a bright colored watergun so that his eyes can see it. You knowhow they have a hard time seeing colors. The gun is actually layingnext to Fauna in a picture of her that I posted for in Lissa's questionabout her age. Of course I don't need it when she's around, but whenTucker's around, it's always gotta be within reach. Seconds might aswell be hours when I can't find it. :shock:

-Carolyn

:DI can just picture that Carolyn! It's just making me laugh. Tucker is great, oh how I love him!

P.S.- Parents are so inconsiderate! Iwentoutside earlier today and Mocha was laying stretched out,so I made some nice shade for us and sprawled out next to him in hisrun. He insisted on me petting him so I did for a long time and slowlywatched his eyes get heavier and heavier. I'm not sure who fell asleepfirst but we both slept there for about 30 minutes before my parentsdecided to ask me if I loved my bunny out the window and woke me up. IfI'm sleeping next to him like that, don't you think it's safe to assumeI do love him?! lol.

thanksfor thegiggle Carolyn, I can just picture the look onTucker's lil embarrassed face. Priceless

MBB...at least your parents did not yell "Hey are youTWOSLEEPING??" that's gotta be the best question when someone/somebunnyhas their eyesclosed....

hehe

Cher

I've got an idea, Laura...

Why don't you, at 3:00 in the morning, go into your parents room while they're sleeping and ask them if they're comfortable?

*laughs*

Only Kidding!!

They were obviously touched by seeing you and Mocha napping together.They couldn't resist. Had they known you were really asleep, theyprobably would've grabbed the camera to capture such a precious moment.

Mocha loves his mom. I would've thought it would've been Spice that would've happened with.

Very cute and heartwarming story. Thanks.

-Carolyn

That'sa good idea Carolyn.

lol, they wouldn'thave grabbed a camera,they hadour film camera packed already and don't know how to use thedigital,butthey enjoyed laughing and "awe"ing at meand Mocha from the window.

I've never had anything like that happen with Spice. Maybe it's hispersonality, maybe it's because he wasn't handled until he wasolder,I don't know but he would never fall asleep with me.I'm planning on doing the same with him today, just lay down and pethim for a while, does wonders for your relationship with the bunnies.

Back