The lifespan of Loop rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyloop

Reaction score
im interested in knowing how long they tend to live? im very interested in getting into the bunny business so please help me out here :D

You mean Lop rabbits?? There is no such thing as a 'Loop rabbit'. :pI believe the general life span of a rabbit is somewhere around 8-10 years, regaurdless of what breed-lop or 'up' ears. What kind of a bunny business are you wanting to do?

ah its lop then. that means the store has it wrong. just the everyday casual pet owner. my friend has a rabbit and i love it, its so cool

Usually people say 8-10 years, but it's more common now for rabbits to live well into the double digits.

Spaying increases the life span, as uterine tumors are very common.

When you say "bunny business," do mean just having rabbits as a pet or getting into breeding? I really recommend keeping them as pets first because there's a lot to learn. Then do a lot of research at rabbit shows and talking to experienced breeders before getting into that. A lot of people get into breeding without realizing how hard and heartbreaking it can be. And of course, I recommend only breeding for shows/the betterment of the breed. Many of us here, including some of the breeders, help with rabbit rescue because shelters are so overrun with them.

Do check out our Library section too! There's a lot of good info, especially for new bunny owners.

My Poppy girl, a holland lop cross, is 5 and going steady! :D No signs of slowing down from her (although you can't even begin to slow down with Bruno around)

Also want to bring up with the mention of Bruno, if you are looking for a giant breed (such as the french lop, the largest lop) theymay have a lower life expectancy than smaller breeds because of their size, but most are generally healthy!

Back