The great escape.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover78642

Reaction score
It is not a great escape. I was very upset. Ihave lost a rabbit because she got out of a outdoor cage, somehow.Well, last night I went to feed my rabbits and Leo was gone. I freakedand started crying. My sister was with me and she stayed calm and wentlooking for him. My dog was eating on the porch. He is very stupid. Forthe last week he has been trying to eat leo by chasing him around hiscage. Well, we found leo in a corner of the porch. She tried to grabhim and he sprinted under the porch table. My dog didn't even notice.Then when I tried to grab him. He ran under a dog bowl. Still my dogdid not notice. I finally got him back in, but that is it. My bunnysare never aloud outside any more unless I am out there at that exactmoment watching him. I was still crying even after we caught himbecause I kept thinking of what could have happened to mylittle babys. My friends just think I am silly. But I will never leavetheir cage outside anymore.

I've had that happen as well, but usually it hasbeen because there was some sort of deficiency in the hutch or I left adoor open. As we have a fenced-in yard, it usually wasn't allthat dangerous, but it did lead to some pretty vicious fights betweenescapees and buns who were permitted to be free ranging on thoseoccasions.

Now, we have left the fence gate(s) open in our back yard on otheroccasions. Some times, as many as four free ranging buns haveexited the the back yard, but tended to hang out in the frontyard where they were herded back to safety by friendlyneighbors. Other times, they simply never left or didn'tnotice the gate was open.

Buns don't usually wander very far initially, as they are veryconservative, wary creatures. The far greater danger, ofcourse, is potential predators or someone, usually well-intended,finding the "lost" rabbit and keeping it for themselves.

Glad Leo did not make, "The Great Escape!"

Buck

I've had that happen too with my first rabbit. She used to hide under the garage if we didn't watch her.

I'm glad you got Leo back... we all have to learn these lessons, usually the hard way too. :?

Ang xx

I am happy that the bunny is ok, it can be very worrisome.
Our puppy dog once hid in the material underneath my bed, and we wereafraid he'll get stuck and suffocate. Me and my sister were screaminglike crazy for our dad to get him out of there.

Back