The fun I have with the cat and dogs.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmerre

Reaction score
Before my mom moved she used to live with her parents and there was 3 dogs at the house. The little one could have cared less for me, Katie was her name. I would try and chase her around the room and she would run away from me. Lexi was the medium sized one, she was like glue to my mom, so I was around her a lot. Lexi didn't mind me, and loved to give me kisses. When she would chew on her bone on the floor I'd sneak up to her, smell her, then try and make a nest out of her belly. LOL it freaked her out everytime. Once I accidentally bit her while trying to quickly make a nest, my mom heard Lexi growl and immediately seperated us. I'm lucky that Lexi was a well trained dog because she could have hurt me! After that whenever we were in the same room she'd have Lexi get on the bed to be closer to her...just in case.

Mackenzie was the biggest. I swear she was as big as a horse. She LOVED me. My Mom would put up a baby gate to keep me in her bedroom and Mackenzie would sit on the other side of the gate and whine to get to me. Sometimes she'd just jump over and come lick my face. I always loved when I would race under the bed, she is so big that she couldn't fit! I'd make sure to stay just far enough away to tease her. =]

Then my Mom bought her first house. I hated it at first, I especially missed the dogs (they still come to visit)but then comes a cat! It's her boyfriend's cat. I had to show the cat who was boss since that's what I did with the dogs. I met this cat when I was a baby but I don't really remember.They didn't let us in the same room together for quite a long time (Mom was scared b/c the cat still has his claws). It's been 6 months now and we play everyday!

As soon as my mom blocks off the living room and my cage door opens the cat comes running in. There is all sorts of stuff to play with in there from boxes, tubes, bins, you name it we have it. I like to wait until the cat climbs in the tube (he's too big to turn around in it) so I hurry up and run in. He freaks out and has to back up to get out. I love it. Sometimes when he's not looking I'll walk over and smell his tail....all of a sudden he'll notice me and jump 2 feet up then run away. A few seconds later he's back, hiding behind something stalking me. I just walk over to him and he runs away again. I swear this stupid cat could do this all day. Sometimes when I feel up to it I run around the living room as fast as I possibly can. The cat of course chases me, and could never catch me. Sometimes I'll stop really fast and he'll try to put the brakes on too but can't stop fast enough so he'll jump over me. LOL....I just stare at him & give him the evil eye.

My mom is very happy that I get along so well with the dogs and cats, and that they tolerate me and have never tried to hurt me. She wants to adopt an older dog, but she's too afraid about me, cat, dogs,and my neighbors free ranging birds so I guess we'll be getting a puppy sometime? Just great...another critter I'm going to have to show who's boss! =]

Anyone else have some good fun stories about living with other pets?

Sincerely,

Bun Bun

Hi BunBun. My name is Becky. I have a bunn sister named Cindi. We like to play with our cat Andre. He playes differnt games with us because I'm bold but Cindi is shy. Andre and I love to race up and down the halls, taking turns doing the chasing. I also like to get under my fleece and pretend to be the blankie monster. Andre will bat and jump at me until I peek my head out. He falls for it every time! Since Cindi is more shy Andre just pats her on the bottom and she will run in a circle, returning for another pat. Andre has his claws, but is very nice about keeping them in.

We also live with another cat Victoria. She is snobby and will try to bat at us occasionally. Most of the time she lays on her bed and just glares at us. She needs to get a sense of humor. Mom keeps telling Victoria to be nice and won't let her in our room. Victoria doesn't know what fun she is missing out on playing with the rest of us.

Sounds like Andre and I would have fun together! Last night the cat wouldn't play with me, he stayed in the dining room. I think he knew Mom was mad at him since he jumped on the counter (he knows he's not supposed too!) and knocked over and broke her brand-new flower pot. Personally I thought it was quite funny to see him get in trouble. At least it wasn't me!

Latest posts

Back