The forum is making me sad...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there are issues with load times with others. Maybe we can figure that out more when we get moved?

There are people who cannot get here at all right now. I'm really frustrated with that also.

If there is anything I can do to help - I will try if people let me know. I've been trying to do the TODAY thread in a way to encourage participation. Silvie gets tied up and rushes some but she does try as well.

Would you all like an opportunity to do that thread? maybe giving it a fresh daily reporter for a while would.... somehow create some chatter?

I know there have been some issues with some people on the board but I truly believe there has been effort to correct the behavior - My goal has been to rid the "attitude" from the posts that we seemed to have for awhile. It's been better but with other things coming up I think it resurrected again. Sometimes it's not something everyone notices because it has to do with things they don't know about but it's there...... and that causes problems.

RO is a great place and full of such kind, caring and knowledgeable people. We can't all like each other but we can try to be civil.

Personally, I misunderstood a couple of things that someone said and it ended up being a big "discussion" with that person but eventually we both realized they didn't post in a great manner for me to understand and I saw them as attacking a sr. mod... and then myself. I should have stopped and talked first - then dealt with the post but I was not in my best Mod form that night - so it wasn't the best situation. I let down my "assume the best" guard and took the comments as bad.

What I am going to add to this is:

Regardless of how you feel about certain people or situations - you can learn to ignore and let go of those ill feelings.(I do)I know that the forum is great for the most part and that the people here have great hearts. Plus we have all these adorable bunnies that we all love... we should try to regroup and send positive energy to all.

I know I'm not a big one to talk in pm or anything but you all do mean a lot to me. I love the bunnies and stories and just hearing about life in other parts of the world.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Would you all like an opportunity to do that thread? maybe giving it a fresh daily reporter for a while would.... somehow create some chatter?
I would LOVE to do RO Today, I have millions of hours of free time. If Silvie feels like she doesn't have enough free time I would be glad to step in, but I don't want anyone to feel like their toes are getting stepped on....

Leaf wrote:
I've been horribly busy and to be honest, I'm half ashamed to be here, especially in light of the hard work everyone has put into zootoo. As much as I love rabbits, and as much as I want Midwest to win - I have a battle of my own to help a local rescue win, a rescue who has worked hand in hand with me with some very special animals, animals that I would otherwise have had to personally euthanize due to their conditions or our overall overcrowded facility.
Leaf, you definitely should NOT feel ashamed at all! We were just trying to gain support for a rescue that I personally am involved with and wanted to win money and support. We neverwanted anyone with another local affiliationto feel pressured or ashamed to not support our cause. Seriously, no need to feel guilty!

tundrakatiebean wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
I would LOVE to do RO Today, I have millions of hours of free time. If Silvie feels like she doesn't have enough free time I would be glad to step in, but I don't want anyone to feel like their toes are getting stepped on....

How would you like to do Tomorrow? You're welcome to :)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
tundrakatiebean wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:

How would you like to do Tomorrow? You're welcome to :)
Woohoo! What time does it need to be put up? ETA: and how should it be made into a sticky?

You can put it up as early as 11 or so tonight and try to have it up by 10 a.m. in the morning....

I'll make it a sticky when I get on.... it'll be fine. Have fun :)

I agree with the long load times when you go to post sometimes i don't post just because i know that its going to take 5mins to load all the emoticons. Also the blogs to no one ever posted in mine so i just gave up on it and i know that others feel that way aswell.

stephiemarie78 wrote:
I agree with the long load times when you go to post sometimes i don't post just because i know that its going to take 5mins to load all the emoticons. Also the blogs to no one ever posted in mine so i just gave up on it and i know that others feel that way aswell.

Yea it does suck. Mine used to be posted in alot and lately no much at all or the same people all the time.

Load time for replying is sometimes to long that I give up.

Funnily enough I felt a bit like that with my first blog that not many people posted or looked that much and to be honest I figured it was because i am a breeder for a while i was a bit upset about it but you know I came to teh conclusion that it was more for me so yeah I post in it but i feel I can post more than i could in athread and its more like a private journal or something and I enjoy it for that, and really don't mind if I dont get tons of people posting in it. because its a publc place for my bunnies and my memories of them. :)

When Tiny died- my blog of him became PRICELESS to me...not so much because of what others wrote - but because I could remember almost every single entry. Seeing his pictures again - reading of his antics...helped me to grieve and cherish each memory.

So for me... my own blogs are more for myself - for the day when I lose a beloved bunny...

Just my .02

Haley wrote:
Leaf wrote:
I've been horribly busy and to be honest, I'm half ashamed to be here, especially in light of the hard work everyone has put into zootoo. As much as I love rabbits, and as much as I want Midwest to win - I have a battle of my own to help a local rescue win, a rescue who has worked hand in hand with me with some very special animals, animals that I would otherwise have had to personally euthanize due to their conditions or our overall overcrowded facility.
Leaf, you definitely should NOT feel ashamed at all! We were just trying to gain support for a rescue that I personally am involved with and wanted to win money and support. We neverwanted anyone with another local affiliationto feel pressured or ashamed to not support our cause. Seriously, no need to feel guilty!

Now I just feel like crying..

http://www.kmov.com/justposted/stories//kmov_localnews_080521_stray_rescue_wins.14db6a26.html

It really means a lot to me that noone is disappointed or mad at me. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to guilt.

:?

I heard that rescue was in the top 3 and wondered if that was the one you worked with! I'm so happy for you and them!!! That's awesome Leaf!

Leaf wrote:
Haley wrote:
Leaf wrote:

Now I just feel like crying..

http://www.kmov.com/justposted/stories//kmov_localnews_080521_stray_rescue_wins.14db6a26.html

It really means a lot to me that noone is disappointed or mad at me. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to guilt.

:?

Leaf - when I went and watched the videos of the top 3 rescues - I started hoping and praying that would be the rescue that would win. Is that the one you were working for?

If so - CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you.

I'm so glad they won - I think they really deserve it.

Now - can you influence them to help rabbits too??? Maybe a bit?

Back