The forum is making me sad...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyPot

Reaction score
What has happened to the forum in these past months?

When I got busy and had to take time off, there was still somewhat of a community here, now I have some time to visit again and it's just a sad shell of it's former glory. Maybe that's just me and I'm missing something, but where is everyone - it's getting to be summer, but it's not a lack of members that's the problem, it's a lack of spirit, it's just people asking questions that aren't being answered.

This question would have never gone this long without more input before:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=35715&forum_id=1

And there are so many posts being answered by people who have no clue what they're talking about. Where are the mods? Where are the people with the knowledge? Posts are being missed, people are sharing things about their lives and no one is paying attention.

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just commenting from my view now that I am not a part of the back room mod conversations - is that where the community is? I just wanted to let you know, that's it obvious up front that no one is paying attention to the forum... and it makes me sad.

Someone started a bunny napping thread, and in the past it would have been overrun with comments, with a billion bunnies and tons of people talking about each other... now there's about 4 posts in there from new members about new members, no one knows each other anymore, no one seems to care.

Ah well. Just giving my 2cents as usual since I've had some time to read a bunch of posts today.

;)

Nadia

Nadia,I know it's pretty noticable. The forum is still experiencing problems with the server. A number of Mods and others are having trouble accessing the forum. They can't get on at all! Other Mods and the Admin's are trying real hard to fix the problem. (I know Pam Nock hasn't been able to get on in over a week now.)

They are trying to get us switched over to a new server, but there are so many issues... and plenty of problems. Please have patience and if you see something that is being neglected, please PM one of the Mods that's able to get on...

(Sorry, I'd rather not offer advice or answer a question I know nothing about... Rats are outside my area of expertise! Rabbits. birds, dogs, snakes, lizards, fish... happy to help.... Rats... nada! LOL!)

I was one who couldn't get on. I have been through my own personal hell lately and than couldn't get on here.

I am off this weekend. So as long as I am not sick I will kick it in gear... I have a plan.

:)I know everyone's busy and it's been sketchy getting on, just bringing it to the forefront of people's minds.

I'm sorry - I've been super busy as well. I wasn't here this time last year - it's show season, horses, sheep, rabbit. I'm getting ready to head out to have Tony tattooed in just a few minutes.

We also have volleyball going on, just odds and ends with family and school.

Peg's gone on vacation and of course some people can't get on and that's about it I guess.

I've bee feeling like that too. I'm coming on less and less often, not only because I'm busy, but there are some new members that I'm having personal problems with. It's nothing they've done and I understand that, but them being here makes the forum less apealing to me. *sigh* until I get over my personal stupidity I probably won't be on much...

I definitely agree. We havent felt a lot of community spirit lately. Although the zootoo thing really brought everyone together- we need more events that unite us. Hopefully after the forum move we will be able to figure some things out.

Blogs are also dead lately:(

We all could make a better effort to be more "chatty" :)

Yea then there are few of us who have had computer problems. I just had to get a new computer so now i'm playing the install game. I hope to be back to normal next week. :biggrin2:

this website is still my homepage. i just check it to see RO Today usually and occasionally i will click the links on it to see what the deal is that it got posted on RO Today.

i'm sorry but i used to feel very connected here...i just don't anymore. out of this, though, i found a good friend in amy and i definitely want to stay in contact with her. and, if nemo ever has any issues in the future, i know which members i would trust enough to PM and ask for their experience and advice on the issue.

sorry everyone :( i just feel neglected and ignored as far as my blog was going and i don't have motivation to come post my own topics anymore unless it's a bad thing and i need help.

i'm sorry, and i truly wish everyone the best, even if i do not comment on your threads. i truly like most of you, just a couple of people (literally) that i could do without. please feel free to drop me a line sometime if you ever want to chat or something.

tracy

I've felt the same, and have made an effort to try to connect with more people and bring back the 'community' feel. That's the glue that holds the forum together, and I think we need to buy a few more tubs of glue to bring the forum back to like it used to! ;) We just need to go the extra mile to really create the strongforum feel like we all want!

To quote Gandhi, "Be the change you wish to see in the world" (or the forum for that matter!)

I've been super duper busy with work. Ryan and I have been working 9-10 hours a day to save up for our trip to Ikea and for a savings account. Oh, and the bunny store for more Oxbow...in which we will have to meet with Tracy again.

I've been spending more time with the rats and rabbits. The rats have been begging for more attention since Leo passed away. Let's not mention cleaning every one, lol! Oh, and I already want to build new NIC cages that make more use of the space in that room, but allows for the bunnies to still have big cages...without taking up most of the room like it is right now.

As I type this, my new kitty is all over me. I just typed a big long post before this one and he stepped on the lap top and deleted it, lol. He is a huge attention hog.

Ryan and I have also been spending more time watching movies and hanging out. Which is why I am not on the computer much anymore...just long enough to check forums and my email.

We are planning on ripping out and replacing the flower bed here that wraps around most of the house during the next few weekends. Also planning to paint the bathroom and our bedroom one weekend.

I've been so busy with stuff it seems that I have hardly had the time to sew poor YukonDaisy's rattie hammocks that she wanted to order. If she still wants them, since it's taking her sooo long, I am only going to charge her for one set instead of the price of two sets.

My rattie dudes are almost chewed out of all their hammocks, lol. Gotta sew those too!

I completely gave up on my RO blog, haven't updated it in ages. It seems when I do, no one hardly posts. I know the blog is for yourself, but people's comments make you want to keep posting in it. I have my bunnies pictures on my computer and their memories in my heart, so I really don't need a blog to be updated all the time.

It seems that all the forums are slow lately. My rat forums are soooo slow, which is boring...lol.

Rambling, ah well...back into my hole :sweep.

BTW......where is Rosie? She was one of the main friendly people on the forum base to new members. Differences aside, she always posted in people's threads and brought the friendly feeling on the surface.

The blogs have always been an issue. That's something we try to deal with/encourage in the TODAY threads. Nothing seems to help. I would guess it's because we have so many people and so many blogs.

There has been a lot of drama involving board members. Honestly, that's something that I have grown tired of. I refuse to play into the games being created. I graduated high school in 1982. So that puts me in Jr. High around 1978. I'm long past that sort of stuff.

When there is a dispute, there are 3 sides to every story: each side's and the truth....

No one is going to be perfect here or anyplace else. Not everyone is going to get along, either. All we can do is try and deal with those we don't like. If someone doesn't want to come here - that's their choice., unless they've been banned for something.

I've been horribly busy and to be honest, I'm half ashamed to be here, especially in light of the hard work everyone has put into zootoo. As much as I love rabbits, and as much as I want Midwest to win - I have a battle of my own to help a local rescue win, a rescue who has worked hand in hand with me with some very special animals, animals that I would otherwise have had to personally euthanize due to their conditions or our overall overcrowded facility.

As for blogs, all I can say is I urge people to keep them updated. Small moments, large accomplishments - whatever it is, just take a minute to add something once in a while - you never know when a posting could be bittersweet, a final goodbye to one you love and cherish. Looking back through moments spent together with your bunnies really can be priceless.

:?

I just wanted to add a couple of things here....

Nadia, I understand a lot of what you're saying. I think as others have pointed out - a lot of various things have been happening.

I have had issues getting onto RO. For a week or so before I left for vacation - I couldn't get on unless I logged onto my AOL account and used AOL to access the forum (that is what I have to do now too). In addition - I was gone for 8 days....so that's a large part of my absence.

I think the server issues have a lot to do with it - its discouraging when you can't get on or you have to fight with your computer to get on and then maybe be able to read but not post.

I think I'll try to PM a few folks today and say hi - and maybe if those of us who are feeling this way can reach out and PM one or two others - or post in one or two blogs to get them moving - we can start on the track of getting things back where we'd like to see them be.

I think missing Pipp has been hard too....she did so much in the infirmary area and I am so underqualified to help with that.

I seem to be able to get logged on from my PC at work without too many problems.
However, we've been running a big advertisement campaign and have been super busy. We started running ads right after Valentines Day and just ended this past Monday.
Lately, Iget on right around this time of the day and have about 30 minutes to skim over things.

My home PC has been a real bear getting onto the forum. When I do get on I can only post about half of the time without losing the posts.
It gets really frustrating when you make two or three long posts only to send them into limbo.

My laptop at home has been dedicated to my new USB turntable so I can convert my albums to CDs. This has also been taking up a lot of the free time I used to spend on the forum. It takes about 2 hours to go through a conversion of 1 album.....and I try to do 2 each sitting. So much for the evening surf.
The original plan was to have the laptop to use when I'm working or hanging out in the bunnies room. That didn't happen.

I agree 100%. But I don't think it's a recent thing at all.:? I've felt disconnected from here for a long time. It's just not fun anymore. :( I know I say I'm never on because of my exams (which are not going well) but I wonder how much time I'd spend on here if I was free. :dunno

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Did it just grow old or is there something that made it not-fun-anymore?
I don't know. I just feel the atmosphere changed a lot. It's not that I've lost interest in the people, or rabbits, or forums, I can't put my finger on it. Like others have said, there isn't a lot of posting going on, people don't reply to important things in others' lives. I remember when I first joined here everyone was so chatty, there were loads of fun threads, etc.

I wonder if other people have the same problem as me as that it takes a really, really long time before I can type in the post box after hitting reply, as it takes so long for all the emoticons to load. I think it's a Firefox thing? Since that started for me I've lost the habit of posting and just lurk. :?

Latest posts

Back