the F.B.I. squad - Fiona, Bennett and Ian

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First a little set up...here's what Ben and Fi's special corner in the den looks like:

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

originally their things were in the front of the room but once Ian started crawling and getting into their haybox/water bowl, we decided to divert the temptation. As a bonus, it also offers the furry floor monsters a quiet spot to have some peace and we can still enjoy their company.
IMG_4223.jpg

(viewed from sitting on the couch)

Last night, Ian was playing in the den and went around to say hi to Bennett who was under his table. It was about 8 pm so far from sleepy nap time. Bennett saw Ian coming and bowed his head for Ian to pet. Ian was very gentle and even gave Bennett (open mouthed) kisses on his head :biggrin2: Fiona came up to see what was going on, sniffed at Ian and let him pet her for a minute too!
Oh and yesterday morning, I also got a double bunny hug. Our morning ritual is that after their breakfast, I hold each fur baby at my computer chair. Sometimes when I'm holding Fiona, Bennett will jump up and join us!! It's sooo nice to snuggle with both my babies at once!
pcimage.jpg

old picture taken with my webcam sitting at my computer...how lucky am I, huh??

Well Bennett is one smart little fur monster! I have my cell phone's alarm clock set to go off every day at 5pm, reminding me to give him his Baytril. But I heard the pitter patter of little bunny feet approaching just as my mini grandfather clock struck 5! Apparently Bennett has worked out in his internal schedule what time he gets his treat every day - I stick his Rx in a grape or bite of banana. And Fiona gets a little nummy num too, just to be fair. (So she loves Bennett getting meds as well!) I'm sure even if I don't have my cell phone or bonger clock handy one day, they will both find a way to remind me :stikpoke

Lol, that is soooo cute! I'm positive that the buns have a very accurate internal clock. The buns here are used to getting fed at 4:00 am every day. When I sleep in on weekends, I am usually driven out of bed by all the banging going on. FEED ME!!!

Happy 5th Birthday to my Princess Fiona!! She started off her day with a binky and a zoomy. Ha, middle age, my furry foot :biggrin2:
I will post some sweet new pictures of the birthday girl and her husbun tonight. They are also going to get a bunny pinata, a small paper bag filled with yummy treats. They have a box of shredded newspaper as a special toy to play with today.
For now, here are some of my favorite pics of Fiona:
rugbug3.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

fionapen2.jpg

hidingfrombirthday.jpg

DSC01461.jpg

Enjoy! More later...

Well we are in the final inning of this conjunctivitis! We went to the ER vet on Sunday night and saw the regular vet on Monday. His tear ducts were flushed by the bunny doc on call Sun. and she started him back on baytril as well antibiotic eye drops. It finally kicked in by midweek and he is an entirely different bunny! Over the weekend, I could tell just by his body language he was feeling hangdog and I could pretty much tell you the moment he started feeling better too. I was holding him on my lap, not drugging him or messing with him for once and he snuggled right into me. I honestly got the sense from him that he was content, loved and happy. Since then, it's been like a change between night and day. He's begging for baby food, getting double bunny hugs with Fiona, playing on my computer chair, flopping, purring and checking on all "his" territory.
The really good news is that since he's feeling better and his appetite is back, he's been eating pretty much non-stop. So he's wearing those teeth back down. Dr. Blaes checked him today and said they are 50% reduced from what they were. We'll check him again after he's finished with the baytril and get a really good view but Dr. Blaes thinks his tooth issue is over.
It's been so stressful seeing him uncomfortable and I've felt so frustrated for him, I am enormously relieved to have my bouncy boy back. It's hard to believe now he was so moppy at the beginning of the week. Fiona I know was a super major huge help in his recovery, she never left his side. They are definitely a dynamic duo and they are back in action.

Back