The Enderbies get Kicked Out

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
I hate my dad. Always have. He's not much of afather. Or a dad. I like to call him my sperm donor. We've never had agood relationship. Or any kind of a positive relationship. Its just animpossibility. Try to make friends with a rabid dog, you mightunderstand what is like once you get bitten and sick and go crazy. He'sbeen foaming at the mouth for years.

Today he flipped out because I had the Enderbies in my room. They'vebeen there for over a month and he didn't even know. Thats how muchthey bother him. Today he poked his head in my room and noticed themthere for the first time and screamed at me and flipped out and swore alot and he yells really really loud when he's upset. HE won't listen tome talk, interrupts me the whole time. I acn never get a word out. Heused to get like this when my brother couldn't solve a math problem. Sohe'd hit him in the head until he wrote something down. Then hit himagain because his letters and numbers were sloppy. Yousucceed in writing and thinking clearly with satan breathing down yourback in the midst of the apocolypse with beer goggles on, and i'll tellyou my brother was at fault and should have done a better job.

My dad never hit me, but will push and scream in my face. He's extremlyrude to me and my mummy, and would yell at mum for not doing somethingwhen she had been making him dinner for the past how many hours. He'salways disrespectful and such a tyrant. Never listens or cares aboutanyone but himself in the end. He's one of those dads that are like ''MY house MY rules MY everything". My room isn't even mine.

When I was little he used to threaten to kill my bunnies if I didsomething wrong or didn't do something right. He would say ''You hadbetter ____ or you'll come home and those F****ing rabbits will bedead!". My mum never stood up to him. She would just hold me while Icried. And say she understood. I think she's afraid of him. I'm notafraid of him. I'm afraid of what he'll do because he's a lunatic, forserious.

So today he really really flipped out. He seriously doesn't hold backone bit. Nothing. Its all out madness. Think Texas Chainsaw Massacremeets the Battle of Appamatox meets Drill instructor fromFull Metal Jacket.
Remember what happened to the drill instructor?

You know how the kids that always shot up school and their peers andteachers....were always the ones that had been dealing with the mostcrap all the time? I have enough emotional and mental problems to dealwith. I used to be extremely suicidal but I didn't want to sit in ahospital all day like my doctor said I would so I told her I was fine.Its a good thing Erron moved in with me at the time.

I feel so hopeless. I have no credit. No place with give me a creditcard, i'll be trying some new thigns to build credit in the future, butI honestly can't get out of her fast enough. I tried to emancipatemyself when I was 17, but because my dad never actually hit me, itwasn't a possibility. I guess your perant(s) have to actually hurt youphysically, nd emotional damage doesn't count. Way to go people'srights. Basically its ok and legal for my dad to do this, and they knowfor a fact what all this emotional torment does to people. A kid rightdown the street from me killed his mother a few years back. And yetthis is still alright.

Basically my dad said the rabbits had to go outside IMMEDIATELY(hellooo its 20 degrees outside and these rabbtis cost me $500 and ohyeha they're sick)
response?
"I DONT F***ing CARE! YOU GET THEM OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW OR I'M GOING TO CHOP THEM UP INTO LITTLE PIECES!!!"
He went a little more in-depth than that, but to spare you my own nightmares, i'll say no more.

The Enderbies are spending the night at my aunt's house, but I can'tpush her hospitality any further than one night. Mum said she'd talk todad and she had better.
I came home and I was so upset I wa shaking and couldn't come in the house. I sat outside for 2 hours and bawled.

I'm no better than I was before. Something is wrong with me. You knowwhen something startles you and you get scared for a split secondbefore you realize its just a shadow or your cat? And your heart doesthat little jump? yeah yeah imagien that heart jump feeling....but ALLTHE TIME. Constantly, even now. I can't stop shaking and I can't thinkat all one bit. I just want to get out of here.
The one time my dad blew his top I ran away. I just couldn't stay here.And when I got home he was still angry, even though i'd been gone allday.

And you know what? Everyone defends him. Mum defends him, Grammydefends him, even my aunt. I thought I could find solace in talkign tothe woman I board my horse with....but she's one of ''them''. Everyonemakes up excuses for the way he acts and thats the end of it.
"Your dad is under a lot of stress"
"Oh Jesse he works so hard"
"You need to treat your dad better, he takes care of you."
I don't bother anymore. I feel like I have no family. I honestly can'tturn to anyone. I feel like I can't get help from anywhere. When theycalled the police after I ran off, I'm surprised they didn'tinvestigate futher. When your kid runs away whats one of hte thingsthey always ask?
"Any reason she may have left?"
"No, other than the fact that her father is lord of the underworld andeternal prince of darkness I honestly can't understand why, officer."

There are people in this world that believe there is no hell, or fieryunderworld, but that hell is here on earth. At times like this, i'm oneof those people. Who am I all those other times?
HAve you seen the butterfly effect? The part where maincharacter...whats his name...Evan? something like that goes back intiem to save his dog, Crockett, and Lenny ends up killing Billy....thenin the future....he finds Lenny in a white room tied to the bed,looking up at the cieling all day....not moving....notspeaking. Thats me. No flash photography please.

I jsut thought I'd perhaps update you on the Enderbies and let you knowthat this shall probably be one of my last sane moments where I amknown as ''Jesse'' and not Patient 2058B.

I may commit myself or check into rehab. For serious. No joke. No pleafor attention. I would be gone and I can talk to people who will listenand sit on lovely manicured lawns and take happy needles in the arsewhen i'm throwing a fit. Yes I woudl be leaving a lot behind weather Idid myself in or went to this place of shrubberies and needles. But ifI stay here, chained to my bed, what good can I do....what will happento me?

Think of ''Nancy'' from the Craft at the very end of themovie...chained to her own bed, screaming and delerious, desperate forsomeone to listen to her and believe her. That she can fly. The nursecomes in and says '' Sure you can, honey''. Then gives her the bum bumshot and Nancy just lays there and smiles. Its a good analogy. No onebelieves me, they just make me believe them. The whole while i'mchained to my rotten life under my dad's reign. HEIL!

No, you don't need to feel sorry for me. I'm not asking you to. I don'tthink there's any helpful advice you can give me, either.Though I love you all very much. You've been like, family number 2. Butnumber one when it comes to helping and listening.

Love
-Jesse

I do feel very bad that you are stuck in thissituation that no child should ever have to endure. A child'shome should be their sanctuary - a place of safety and trust.

I hope you can be strong enough to get through this. You area wonderful young lady and will build character from enduring theemotional abuse, but this is something that will be a part of you forthe rest of your life.

Look towards your future of building a new life . . .

Pam

I don't really liked to be thought of as a ''child'', but either way, this is ''home'' and that still applies.

My house? Safe? Living here is like being a lamb in a slaughterhouse.

There is no ''gettng through this''. I am stuck here. This IS something that will be here for the rest of my life.

There is no future, only now. We can fantasize all we like, but it doesn't help wha'ts happening now. Wish in one hand...
My room isn't even my sanctuary. Infact my dad took my brother's dooroff it's hinges because bro kept closing it for privacy. ''MY house,you shouldn't be hiding anything''.

My brother stays late at work every night so he doesn't have to comehome. He works in a machine shop. He's 16 years old. And he'd rather bethere than home with his family. Its not uncommong for him to workuntil 9 at night. He's always asking to stay later or work extra daysbecause he doesn't want to be home. That, to me, is sad.

I've been tryign to get a job for months, but no luck. I've appliedEVERYWHERE. Its sickening. I've applied some places more than 3 times.No calls. No interviews. I'm stuck at home all day. Always depressed asall anything. It takes everything in my power not to lay myself uponfrom pam to elbow and then I get yelled at for not doing dishes or notdoing something else or other. I don't blame my brother. I would gladlywork 12 hour shifts, too. I need a job that will abuse the fact that Ineed to sleep.

pamnock wrote:
I do feel very bad that youare stuck in this situation that no child should ever have toendure. A child's home should be their sanctuary - a place ofsafety and trust.

I hope you can be strong enough to get through this. You area wonderful young lady and will build character from enduring theemotional abuse, but this is something that will be a part of you forthe rest of your life.

Look towards your future of building a new life . . .

Pam

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
I don't really liked to be thought of as a ''child'', buteither way, this is ''home'' and that still applies.

"Child" only in the sense that you are still under the care of your parents :purplepansy:

Your father will not change, but you have the ability and intelligenceto control how you react to this situation. You will surviveand there is a furture.

Pam

Wow, I get a flower.

I just live with my perants. You ever see Grandma's Boy? His one friendstill lived with his perants but he refferred to them as his''roommates''. I thought that insanely funny.

Who is supporting you? If it is notyour parents, where is your income from? You might consideremancipation if you are able to support yourself.

There is most certainly a future for you. My son's fiancee'has gone through the same situation you are suffering through now withan abusive father. She was in foster care for a year andfiled to be emancipated from her parents. She is now going toschool and working on buying a house with my son.

It can be done, but you are the only one who can make your life happen.

Pam

Here's another flower for you . . . :pinkpansy:

Jesse, I know you dont want any pity, but Imsorry you have to go through all this. It really disturbs me to thinkof the kind of home you have to live in.

Have you tried applying for any jobs that would allow you to work withanimals? Like maybe a petstore or something? Or advertizing that youcould petsit? I think if you could find some sort of job you couldafford your own place (maybe you and Erron together could affordsomething)?

I hope things will improve for you. I know sometimes its hard to thinkabout the good in life when so much bad is happening. I'll be prayingfor you.

:purplepansy::bouquet::pinkpansy:I just wanted to share flowers with you too. I don't exactly know whereyou are coming from on the dad side of things. But I have had more thanmy fair share of depression. I have went so far as to write the suicideletter. It is hard, very hard to come out of feeling as badas you do. And I know that nothing can be said to fix it.Coming from experience though, there are some very good medications outthere. Elavil foran example. You can even go to a regulardoctor, not a shrink to get it.

I know you can pull through this. You are a very strong person andyou have a support line right here.

I am extremely bipolar and depressed and I haveA.D.D. like nobody's business. I also show about 50 symptoms ofschizophrenia but have never been tested for it.

I live in my perants' house. Thats about it. I do dishes and laundryand Erron and I pay internet and phone bills and help my perants outwhen we can. Erron picks my brother up from work and stuff or runserrands for mum and keeps us stocked with milk and stuff. Erron ha agood job that pays $17/hr though.

I lost my job right after xmas, because of a cutback in hours. I'veapplied EVERYWHERE. I've applied at every pet store. I did get theopportunity to work at one pet store but I outright quit because theguy owed me so much money and was paying me with bounced checks and Ijust couldn't stay there. I was treated like garbage, hardly got anyhours, he was paying me $5.50 an hour and I felt so bad for half theanimals I was buying my own medicatiosn to bring in and take care ofthem. I even stole a bunny...though I told him I was stealing it. Hewas so confused but said ok. I basically grabbed her on my way out andsaid ''I'm taking this as compensation."

I applied at:
Walmart (2) <- twice
Pet Supplies Plus (4)
Petco
Petsmart (2)
Eat N Park
Burger King
Micheals
Giant Eagle (2)
Toys R Us
Economy Superette
I've advertised my help as a petsitter or barn rat. no takers.
Sheetz
Exxon
Spencer's
Hot Topic
Some pagoda display about gutters, I dont' remember the name of it

And I think there's a bunch more I'm not thinking of.... But I live ina small town, there's only so much out here! I've put my resume' onlinethough.
I did get offered a job by a friend from 4H at a coffee shop, but itskind of far, and right now our roads are so bad, I dont think it a goodidea.

I was in a bipolar study for a few years and was on various medicationsincluding vast amounts of Lithium. None of them helped and I ended upwith migraines a lot.

Erron and I have been looking for our own place for a while. We wantedtot ake an apartment next to our friends, but they don't allow bunnies.Cats and dogs and any other animal under the sun were ok exceptbunnies. Thats how I ended up with Io, because Emily couldn't bring himto her apartment.

Er and I have been having a buttload of trouble getting a loan, becausewe pretty much have no credit. I never really knew about the creditcard = credit score = loans thing until like last year. And Erron and Ialways wanted to be safe with our money, so we never got a credit cardbecause of the idea that we didn't like spending money that we didn'thave. So now we're trying to get a card and tha'ts proving to be ahassle. But we have some good plans for that now, so don't worry, itsjust goign to take more time than I'd like. Honestly I can't get out ofher fast enough. Maybe I can join the freak show as like...''WORLD'SONLY TALKING MUTE!" And people will gather round and i'll be like ''hi, how ya doin'?"
*GASP!*
Or " WORLD'S TALLEST MIDGET!!" And people will be like ''she looksaverage '' and the guy with the cape and handlebar mustache will belike '' BUT SHE's 5' 2!!!"

Thanks for all the flowers. I hate flowers. I always thought flowerswere such a pointless gift, such a waste of money, when they merely diein a week. A potted flower is a grand idea, because if it dies then itsyour fault.

And I just came to the thought...once agian....me with being careful with money.

My perants are in debt like you wouldn't believe. I found out a fewyears ago from my grammy that they blew my savings and didn't tell meabout it. It'd be different if this was money they had set aside forme, but it wasn't. It was MY money that I had started saving when I wasyoung. I was about 7 maybe when I opened the account under my perants'name, I had about $650 to deposit. And a couple years later, without myconsent, it was gone. It would have been more with the interest. Butwhatever. I confronted my mother about it and she got angry with me andyelled at me. I'm not sure why, but yeah so is the life of Jesse. Ishould write a book. It'd be called;
"Dear Everybody, I HAte you
By Jesse Kubick"

So that is my hopelessness.

:clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover:

How about four-leaf clovers as a gesture of friendship and support? (They are just icons - I promise they won't die).

I understand how hopeless you feel when you are bi-polar. Agood friend of mine has suffered from this condition for many years andhas had a number of suicide attemtps. A recent VNS implanthas given her hope for a "normal" life.

I hope tomorrow brings you a brighter day.

Pam

Aw, they remind of of the good ol' days in 4Hwhen our rabbit club had a whopping 12 people in it. And it was such asmall grubby club that when Jason bought a jersey woolie....we were alllike ''whoaaa....a purebred.....from a breeder!" And then KAtie got apair of sa-weet Silver Martens from a breeder and well, the rest of uspretty much had no chance for winning Grand Champion at the fair afterthat, but we always had a great tem and did a lot of art projects.

The End.
-JAK

Some dads, just aren't dads. They are as yousay, sperm, doners. My mum and dad broke up when I was 2, and mybrother was just a new born. Do you know what my first memory of my dadis? Cowering on the couch with mum and baby Chris while he gets thecoffee table and smashes in on the ground right in front of us. Henever hit any of us, but he liked to show off his violent side and hewould scream and yell until you felt like you'd been killed inside.

Fast forward to me being 11 - we'd since moved about 6 hours away fromwhere he lived (and that is a whole other story in itself involvinggetting beaten up verbally and physically by mums then boyfriend). Igot sent to live with dad for 'acting out'. He couldn't afford anywhereto live so we had a share a tiny caravan (trailer home? I don't knowwhat you would call it there). It was a nightmare. He would keep comingto the point of hitting me and only just backing off in time. Well oneday he couldn't back off and he punched me. That was that! I hitchedthe 6 hour drive back to mums. At 11 years old.

Over the years I tried to find an easy level with dad, to patch thingsback up again. It all actually started going well, and he came up forregular visits. When I was 16/17, I had a regular boyfriend, we hadbeen going out for a couple of years. Dad got annoyed, jealous, I don'tknow. I was on the deck with my first rabbit and the cat batted at her,so I shooed the cat away. He then blew up at me, screaming about how Iwas a slut, a fat useless so-and-so, it wasn't his fault I would neveramount to anything. I was blown away, I cowered on the ground,terrified of the angry words and just wanting to curl up in a ball anddie. Mum came running out of the house waving her arms around andscreamed at him to leave. He did, and then didn't talk to us for years.

Now all of a sudden that I have my own place with my partner he is mybestest ever friend, and keeps coming up to stay, not bringing anymoney or asking if it was ok first. For the first time ever atChristmas I had to stand up to my big, scary, dad and told him toleave. I looked him right in the eye, I held my head up high.

This is my house, I am the adult in charge now.

Anyway I don't know if this story will help you or not, I just wantedto share. I'm really happy now even when it seemed that I would get tothat happy stage.

Not my man! He is awesome :D. But maybe becausehe's not a dad, lol (and never will be!). Dads can be the most amazingpeople, but sometimes I think some men were just not meant to have kids.

Hey Jesse,

I just wanted to chime in. First off, I'm very sorry you have to go through this. Seriously.

Something I thought of. Make sure your resume doesn't haveanymisspellings, just something for an employer not to callyou for. Have you tried calling some of the places that youapplied? You should. Just say who you are and thatyou're calling to check the status of yourapplication/resume. Ask if they're still hiring.Sometimes if you're perisitant, it pays off in the long run.I know people that have done this and got the job, weird, huh?

Also, how old are you? Are you 18 yet? Once youare, you can apply for government assistance and just see whathappens. Since you and Erron are not married, you should beable to get something once you move out, so that would help to pay foran apartment or bills. I understand that this is somethingthat won't happen right away, I just wanted to give you some ideas andsomething to look forward to, some hope. :hug:

I wish you luck with everything. You're a great person! :heartbeat:

Crystal;)

I am sorry to hear about your troubles Jessie. Ididn't have a violent dad. I had a stepmom instead. She would destroyanything that mattered to me or my sister, hell even her own son. Theonly person she didn't attack was my baby (half)brother, but at age 11,when he was only 2 months old, I started taking care of him constantly.She was horrible to me and my sister, she would not onlybeatus, but use fear and intimidation to terroize us. I cantotally relate to how you feel when your dad talks about chopping upyour bunnies. I don't know about yoursituation, it isdifferent from mine. I can tell you that after a pretty bad beatingwhen I was 15, 3 days before my 16th birthday, I went and lived at thecoventent house... I don't think that is an option for you. Afterstaying there a month they made me go back home with her, since I hadnot reported any abuse. I vowed, that if she hit me again, I wouldfight back. She was so scared that I had told them about the abuse,that she never hit me again. I was kicked out by my dad 3 months laterand after living on the street for 5 months, I moved in with my mom wholived 2000 miles away. I have not seen or talked to my father since,almost 10 years now. I guess my stepmom cheated on my dad, left him andgot remarried. My sister came to visit my mom soon after I was sentthere, and I talked to her about our abuse. She came to a criticalrealization and moved in with my mom too. She hasn't really spoken tomy dad either. I have nothing from when I was a kid, so I tend to saveEVERYTHING...

I didn't have anyone or anybunny holding me down, so I don't think thatmy situation can help you much. I just wanted you to know that Iunderstand the helplessness, heartache, and horror you feel. I will tryto think of something, it is hard since your family seems to "approve"of your fathers irrational, and and downright mean behavior.

:hug1

~Star~

Latest posts

Back