The DQ Rants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxMontanaxX

Reaction score
You don't have to read this, I just needed to put it somewhere outta my head.

Ok, for those of you who don't know, I work at Dairy Queen.

Well, the assistant manager always gets me for stuff. Always. My ice cream isn't tall enough, it's too wide, it doesn't weight what it's suppose to. Mind you that sometimes the ice cream machine doesn't always work the way you want it to. It doesn't pop out perfectly shaped cones or anything, so a couple times you are going to make non perfect cones. And she always gets onto me for it. Ugghhhh.

And when we are low on stock and stuff, I go in the back to get something, she yells at me and tells me to go up front to my register. And there is already somebody up there on another register and not that many people at all. And the people she said should be stocking is busy or not doing anything but talking to other people. I can't exactly tell them to do something, I'm not in charge, and what does she expect me to do, sit there and do nothing? Geez. Everybody always just sits in the front talking or in the back talking and I try to work and I get yelled at. And I can't tell them to do stuff, I'm not the boss.

And this kid that started about a month or two ago is the assistant manager's son, he always bosses me around. Telling me to make this or make that when I'm trying to do my own thing and make my own things. I told him many times to quit bossing me around but he won't quit. And for those of you who don't know I'm a vegetarian, and he won't shut up about it. He always talks about bloody meat back there and he even puts hamburgers in my drinks. It's disgusting. And nobody thinks he's funny, he's annoying. And he does nothing but stand around talking or eating ice cream. It drives me nuts. And if I'm doing something he always tells me how to do it. I've been working there for a while, I know how to do my freakin' job, thanks. I'd understand if I was doing it all wrong but I'm not.

And there is this girl there that hates me and I hate her. Always have. She trips me, she watches me going to do something then jumps in front of me to do it. She'll see me looking at the screen then reaching my hand out to grab something, then jumps infront and grabs it and makes it. And if I set down something I made for a second she'll throw it away. She's a with, a realy effin witch. And she does nothing but stand there most of the time too.

And this other girl too I work with, if I make one little mistake or the customer makes a mistake, even though she knows who did it, she'll ask everyone "Did you do this?" "Did you do this?" Does it really freakin' matter? Just fix the problem. This one time a customer came in and asked for a hot dog and didn't tell me to put anything on it, came back up and said "There is no blah blah on my hotdog?" So that girl is like "who took the order for the hotdog? Who did it? Why didn't you push in that thing for it" Ugh, she drives me insane.

And customers. If you are going to give me change, don't wait until I done push in the amount of money and start counting your change and then say "Oh I have so and so cents" I can't do mental math. I don't know what to give you back. And I can't redo the cash register. And don't tell me you want nuts or whip cream or extra anything when I done made your thing. It costs extra and I have other stuff to do than make your ice cream the way you want it. And don't be rude. It just puts me in a bad mood too. And if you can't talk right and nobody can understand you, don't come to fast food restraunts. I know it sounds mean, but somepeople just have really bad speech problems and I can't hear you to give you what you want. Does that sound awful? It probably does. There was this guy that came in who couldn't talk at all and he heldthis thing up to his neck to talk like steven hawkins, and I couldn't understand a single word that he said and I didn't want to hurt his feelings or anything but I kept asking like what? what? and my friend had to help me understand him.. And don't stare at the workers. I get stared at while making things and it makes me uncomfortable. And I was at my register tonight and this guy was staring at me, I asked if I could help him and he said "No, I was just checking out your hairdo."in a really insulting way. I felt really bad, I just had it put in a pony tail...geez.

I think that's all thats been bugging me for now. It's a stressful job.

HUGS!!! There are trials and tribulations with every job, but it does sound like you're not working in a happy environment. No one should be treated the way they are treating you. If I was in your situation, I would start looking for other employment. Once you secure a position at another store, then ask the Manager if you can sit down and have a serious talk with him/her about the working conditions that you've endured. Take some notes with you so you can do it professionally and courteously. Tell him that he will continue to lose dedicated employees if the staff continues to behave in such an unprofessional manner. Thank him/her for the opportunity to work for the company and let him know that you are sure that he will remedy the situation for his future employees. You'd be surprised what a mature approach like this will gain you in the long run.

Now, on the other hand, if you just came in here to vent, that's fine, too. :) Women tend to feel better once they have things off their chest. Perhaps things will improve for you. You sound like you're a strong young woman with the presence of mind to know that things are not right at your workplace.

I wish you the best, and I'll be following this thread to see how things work out for you!

hugs to you. I can tell you what i would do but i also dont need the job,lol, so what i would tell you to do is tell them where to put there job,lol. I have been at jobs where there is favortisim, or a boss that doesnt like women, or a boss that is always picking on someone, and i dont know what to tell you to do. I have had jobs where i had to stay there so there was some swallowing of this kind of stuff , then there was jobs that i could have cared less and found anohter job and quit.

As far as the meat thing and the doofus that talks about meat all the time, the only thing i can say is ignore him, i know it is hard but sometimes the more you let someone know you dont like something the more they try to get your goat with it. If he sees that the meat talk isnt bothering you he might move on.

Hugs to you .

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
hugs to you. I can tell you what i would do but i also dont need the job,lol, so what i would tell you to do is tell them where to put there job,lol.
I have to agree with that lol. I'm so sorry you having to deal with people like this - and I'm also sorry to say, there are lots of them out in the world. The best thing to do is try and ignore them but I know that's near impossible in a work environment when you are with them all the time. But this just seems so unfair to me. Is there no adults around or anyone mature keeping an eye on people? It seems like these guys just get away with whatever they want and I find that hard to take, although I know it happens.I wish I had some good advice for you - except to tell them where to go. Is there any other jobs around you could apply for? I would go to someone higher up and tell them everyone is acting immature and stupid - although I know that might just come back on you.

Just remember you are smarter, and better than them, and will go much further in your life. :hug:and this is just a temporary stepping stone.

:threadhijacked:

I so know how you feel. Retail makes me go loopy.

I work in Clarks Shoe Shop. The worst thing about it is that while all the other shoe shops get paid commision, we don't. Instead we have targets.

Because Clarks shoes are so high quality (yes they actually are!) they don't make a high return on them, they make around 30% profit on each pair, which for a huge global company is not alot. They make their money by selling shoecare. We HAVE to seel shoecare, and at least 2.5% of our total money taken per day has to be shoecare. That doesn't sound alot but its about 1 'piece' of shoecare every 4 shoes.

The thing about it is, that our shop is so low on selling shoecare and getting our targets, we are on 'critical care' (yeah.. made me think of rabbits too). So there is a major drive on getting shoecare sales up.

Today i got really shouted at. The Team Leader, who is actually a close friend as i've been working with her for a while now, was really arsey with me. She was going on about 'if i'm going to get in trouble because the shop is low, you're gonna get in trouble too'. The thing is, having a go and treating me like i'm stupid does NOT make me sell anymore. I work REALLY hard, i've been there a year and i'm already really trusted, i ran the entire shop a few weeks ago! I introduce at least 2 or 3 pieces per sale, but people just DON'T BUY IT. They either 'already have it' or they 'won't use it anyway'. I don't understand how telling someone off when they are already trying their hardest is going to solve anything.

If you ever go to a Clarks shop and they sell shoecare to you, buy it. Its like £3.50, you're buying shoes ten times that amount. The stuff actually works. Don't lie, you don't already have it. If you get home and you already have it just return it. Its good karma.

And customers too.. they drive me insane! Its sale season at the moment, so we have all our shoes out. People try on one, and when they want the other one they call you over and shake their foot at you and say 'can i have the other one to this'. TAKE IT OFF YOUR **** FOOT AND LET ME LOOK AT THE STICKER ON THE BOTTOM TO GET THE OTHER SHOE. DON'T WAVE YOUR FOOT AT ME. What do they want me to do? Kneel down on the floor and read the sticker off the bottom? Take it off for them? Put your arse on the chair and take it off!

I gues i'm lucky that my managers are really nice. They are all firm, but nice. They aren't too unjust and won't ask you to do something if they know you are already going on your own initiative.

:hug1 I feel your pain. Its worse when your younger, no one takes you seriously.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

XxMontanaxX wrote:
And customers. If you are going to give me change, don't wait until I done push in the amount of money and start counting your change and then say "Oh I have so and so cents" I can't do mental math. I don't know what to give you back. And I can't redo the cash register.

OMGGG I work at Publix and people do that to me ALLL THE TIME. Seriously it took them 5 mins to count their money then when I already select "enter" on the amount they gave me then they try to give me the "change" so is "easier"... I just look at them like "you so0o0 funny" and say "um yeah its too late" then they will try to tell me how much money they'd get bacak and I'm like NOPEEE and not take the money.

I also hate when they get mad at me when something didn't ring up the way they "remembered" it was... I'm like then don't get it jeezeee. Go to Wal-Mart if you wanta be pinching pennies:headsmack

Working with the public, especially in food service, is so hard! It's one of those things that, once you do it, you never look at the folks who do that work the same way again. I have so much more respect for folks in food service since I did the job.

Thanks everyone for reading and caring!

I would quit, but the good outways the bad. I have lots of money, more money than I expected to get working fast food. The other employees are awsome and when we get to work together I have a good time. And some of the customers can be sweet.

Those were just some things I had to let out.

:)

Latest posts

Back