The days of BunBun&Slave

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ETA: Phoee. They got seperated again. o_O
May 27, 08

BunBun**

Silly girl. What's a marching band?

Xila measured all my food today. She says I have about eight days of my orriginal food left... She says that after tomorrow, she's going to start switching me over to the "Bunny Basics/T" stuff. She's thinking of giving me a few pelets once in a while (Like she did with my hay) becasue she thinks I'd see it as a "treat"... It doesn't work, but it makes her happy, so I go along with it.

Night.

*BunBun

Wow! Xila you have quite the talent for drawing! :D I can barely write legibly and am so envious of those of you that have a gift for the "right brain" (or left, I never can remember).. But your Blog is very "that part of your brain thinking" such as a writer or painter.. truly appreciate your creativity!

Glad you have your summer break (I'll just get more photo's or art) selfish I am.

Keep it up and hope Bunbun's neutor comes soon!

juliew19673 wrote:
Wow! Xila you have quite the talent for drawing! :D I can barely write legibly and am so envious of those of you that have a gift for the "right brain" (or left, I never can remember).. But your Blog is very "that part of your brain thinking" such as a writer or painter.. truly appreciate your creativity!
Thank you! I'm glad you like it. ^^

That's kind of strange- I love to draw, but I have illegible handwriting, too. I guess it runs in the family- My dad's signatiue is "B (squiggle, squiggle, squiggle with a dot over it, squiggle) H(Squiggle,squiggle with a line through it,squiggle with a dot over it, squiggle, squiggle)", and don't even get me started on my brother's penmenship...

Glad you have your summer break (I'll just get more photo's or art) selfish I am.
Heh. xD Thanks? I guess that's a complament.

Keep it up and hope Bunbun's neutor comes soon!

Thanks- And I hope so , too. I hope to have him neutered by his birthday party.

Xila~~~

May 28, 08

Yeeees, BunBun is getting a birthday party.

I think I said this once:

"You know you're addicted to rabbits when they have their own birthday party. (Extra points if it's a bigger deal than yours.)"

(And his party isn't just an excuse to ahve all my friends over for a sleepover twice in the same month... I'm *actually* going to have people get him gifts (Kelly allready knows what she's getting him- but it's a secret!), and I want my mom to make carrot cake... he probably can't have any anyway, but I'm sure he'd like some diluted, 100%, "nothing-added"apple juice just as well... Maybe with an ice cube in it, if it's hot... Or, I could maybe add some of said diluted apply juice into ice trays... and freeze them... hmm, and put a stick in there, too- an after-snack toy... Now, that's an idea... :ponder:)

...Have you noticed that I'm always bringing up BunBun's party, but never my own? (By the way- Mine is August 16th, his is (unoffically) August 28th- Since I don't know his birthdate or when I got him, I go by when I first saw him.)

We had marching band practice again today. We "Adjusted" my harness for the bells, but it's more uncomfortable than it was before. o_O I'll have to casually "realize" that it wasn't right some other time. I might as well give it a chance.

Well, I guess I should go. BunBun is getting fussy. He usually does if I don't feed him around this time.

~Xila

BunBun**

I'm NOT fussy- I simply know that if I don't get Xila to stop whatever she's doing and feed me, I'll end up with my "dinner" at 2am!

Well, nothing too much happened. Xila keeps telling me about my "Birthday party in August"... What's that? My birthday is in July. Unfourtunatly, yes, I left my mother around 6 weeks of age, rather than the standard 8 weeks. The "breeder" (A 12 year old girl) doesn't even know the standard age we're weened at!

Stupid girl.

Oh well, I turned out okay... I guess...

How do you know if you "turned out okay", anyway?

(And, yes, Xila still says she regrets not adopting, but she also says "I simply can't picture life with any other rabbit than my BunBun"..

I try not to think what could've- would've- happened if Xila hadn't taken me. Adoption still would've been nice, though. If I was ever to get a companion, I'd want her to be adopted... However, there isn't a rabbit shelter for hours, so I do kind of see where she's comming from)

Well, night!

*BunBun

Xila, do you have any pics of you in your marching band gear? I would love to see them. I can''t imagine how uncomfortable carrying those bells must be :?.

I think it's great BunBun gets a party (BunBun, I am sure you will love it - not so sure you'll enjoy the neuter, though :p)

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Xila, do you have any pics of you in your marching band gear? I would love to see them. I can''t imagine how uncomfortable carrying those bells must be :?.
I think my mom does, somewhere... I'll have to do "Disk-diving" this weekend, and see if I can dig up the marching band pictures from one of her kabillion disks.

Jan

Xila~~~

May 30, 08

5 1/2 days of school left...

I was replying to Peg's topic reminding up to take pictures.

I decided to crop it, because most of it was jsut me talking about my life... off-topic, yes. Here's what it says: (Bold is what I cut out)

"Oh, Peg, you get me every time with these posts. That was so well said. I hope you inspired someone out there to start a blog, take some pictures and videos... Or maybe just todo something as small as giving their rabbit an extra pat on the head tonight.

And, Anna, I know what you mean. Right now, I feel like I love BunBun almost as if he were a brother to me. It's kind of "creepy" (So say my friends- as they think it's odd thatI'll get a strawberry, etc, take a bit of it, let BunBun take a bite, than continue eating.) to some, but it's true. I realize how much hemeans to me right now, and... I look back sometimes, and realize that he's not even a year old yet. If he lives to even be 8 or 9... let alone 10, 11, or 12... I'll probably be so bonded with him that I have no idea what I'd do when he leaves- I'd just be so lost without him...

And I don't mean that in an "Overdramatic" sence- BunBun is, almost literally, my life. I mean, my parents are seperated and always yelling, my brother is just pesters me so much, and is just SO selfish, greedy, incoherent, and so oblivious of his surroundings and other's feelingsthat, most of the time, I'm hating him. At school, I'm never exacly the "popular" type (I'm the kind of person who has only a few good friends, and that's about it), etc etc etc. BunBun really does, in a way, "keep me going". I just love going to school, because I'd knowhow excitedI'll be to come home and see him. He is really very inspiring, kind, sweet, and gentle. Sure, people around me in real life think I'm "strange" for liking a (And I quote them almost word for word) "smelly, dumb rodent", (Yeah- that's how smart they are- and 97% of the people who said that to me have never owned a rabbit before, and the other 3% were people who had them in a small hutch outsie, never playedwith them or cleanedtheir cages,etc.) but that's because they just don't understand how much he means to me, what my life is like,and they've never truly experianced rabbits... people in this modern world are so quick to judge... Why don't they volunteer at a shelter? Work with rabbits? Or, maybe even RESEARCHrabbits? I wish I could tell my familyto do some research before saying I'm wrong. It's no surprize they don't believe me for anything- they think rabbitsdon't need toys to keep themselves pacified for almost eight straight hours, five days a week. They also strongly believe that they can survive in the wild... And my mom wants me to stop feding BunBun hay and just give him grass every day, even though I've shown her varyous sources saying hay looses it's nutrition (or something)when cut by a lawn mower, and I even brought one up that, the VERY LASTLINE of it, in large bold letters, were "Remember: There is no substitute for hay!", and yet she still pesters me about it from time to time. They also don't believe that certain things, like orange peels, can be toxic to rabbits. She refuses to buy me Red-leaf Romaine Lettuce anymore, becasue I don't feed him thecrappy, wattery, green/light-leafed"icequeen" lettuce she grows. >.> They insist it's because "Wild rabbits would eat things like that!" I HATE it when my mom compares BunBun to a wild rabbit. I really, truly do.

I'm very sorry to have "stolen the thread", and swayed so off-topic. If a mod feels that this long post be better suited elsewere, just give me a heads up and I'll put this in my blog, and you may delete or editthis postat your leisure.

Uhm, yeah. Anyway, I'm going to go upload some pictures...

~Xila"

Yeah. =/

Oh, Karen, the girl who I got BunBun from, who knows nothing about rabbits, finally got bored and released her rabbit into the wild. She claims it's just wandering around her backyard. >.> STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!

Unfourtunatly, I learned about this late at night, and Her cellphone went straight to voicemail, and her home phone was busy. I'm calling herwhenever I think she's awaketomorrow. (11ish? Maybe 10? I'm usually very shy, but I'm willing to talk to her mother if possible. This is a very serious thing!)

This is what I said to Jessica:

"I mean... Most domestic rabbits have exotic colors that clash with the world around them, such as white, gray, and sometimes even orange,making it basically like they are walking around with a huge target with flashing neon lights on their heads. Second, Domestic rabbits loose almost all of their wild instincts. The don't know how to find water, or protect themselves, make burrows, and so many things could pickthem off- Parasites, disease, foxes, wolves, cyoties, cats, dogs, cars, starvation, wether, dehydration, etc... If they don't pick up their act and get that rabbit, I'm, 100% sure that that rabbit if going to be dead by the end of the weekend."

Please pray for this rabbit... I'm definatly going to be doing something about this!

Well, sorry about not updating yesterday. I fell asleep.

BunBun got a mouthful of orange peel that day. It was RIGHT before school, too! That was the longest day of school EVER! Every second, I was thinking "Hurry up, clock! I wanna go home and see if he's okay!"

But he seems to be okay now.

Why is it that BunBun likes eating hay off the ground, rather than in a hay rack? If someone tells me to "Push the hay" (Which is what I did with the orange insident), I leave a pile of hay on the floor in his cage. I'd go this all the time, but I've found that about 1/3 of the hay gets pushed out of the cage and waisted- and they don't sell the small bags at my local feed store any more! Only the $17 ones! o_o

Oh, and I'm *so* mad at the Rockwell's (The feed store) employees... When I was buying the hay, my mom and her were carrying on a conversation on how you could get ___ ammount of bales of COW HAY for $17(See previous entries on why I don't feed him cow hay from around here)... I mean... WHAT THE HECK!? You people sell rabbit products! You people have brocures on rabbits!YOU PEOPLE HAVE EVEN SOLD RABBITS!
AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT RABBITS NEED TIMOTHY HAY!? WHAT THE HECK KIND OF... Augh! >.>

Well, night.

~Xila

LuvaBun wrote:
I think it's great BunBun gets a party (BunBun, I am sure you will love it - not so sure you'll enjoy the neuter, though :p)
Thank you- I, too, believe we should celebrate the first time me and Xila met.
And about the neuter- people tell me that, but I doonn'ttt geett ittt. D=

Jan
BunBun

Nyar.
Xila wanted me to post pictures, since she's to busy ranting about "Rockwell's"

100_9064.jpg

Just a silly picture.

100_7432.jpg

I think I've posted thins before- Xila says I look really relaxed.

100_9311.jpg

Random picture.

100_9337.jpg

Allow me to explain to you, HUMAN, that a rabbit only has so many tollerance points for people... You're just about bankrupt of those points... I recomend you watch yourself.
But you look so cute! <3

o___O Silly girl. I don't look "cute" in a red bow...

*BunBun

Love the pics - BunBun, you look cute with anything, even a red bow ;)

Xila, I'd love to see the 'Band ' photo.

And yes, people can be so annoying when it comes to their lack of rabbit knowledge. At least the people here know how easy it is to become so attached to bunnies :)

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Xila, I'd love to see the 'Band ' photo.
I'll try to find the pictures from one of our parades(sp) we did last year tomorrow..

And yes, people can be so annoying when it comes to their lack of rabbit knowledge. At least the people here know how easy it is to become so attached to bunnies :)
Yah, I know what you mean. I'd probably go insane without my RO people!

Jan

Xila~~~

May 31, 08

Man, I can't type right now. o_O

I halled Karen today. I started off in a casual conversation, and patently waited for her to bring up the subject of rabbits. At that, I mentioned Olivia says she released her rabbit.

After a bit of conversation, I found out that the rabbit just wanders the neiborhood, and that they keep food on the back porch for him/her. S/he is also one of BunBun's littermates. S/he is brown. I reccomend also keeping a bowl of water by the food, too. I also casually asked if she could try to catch the rabbit when she sees him. Afteer he subject changed, I realized that I wanted to know how ling the rabbit has been on his/her own. I decided not to ask, though, simply because I think it would be a bit rude. I mean, I haven't spoken to her in almost a year(she moved), and I didn't want to keep talking about rabbits when she clearly didn't.

Oh, and when she mentioned BunBun, I started talking about him, she gave me the classic "...He lives in your house? o_O"

I eally hope to get BunBun neutered soon. I really do. I forgot I didn't have the money for two checkups and a neuter, though. I don't think anyon would help me pay... They really don't care about BunBun that much. =/ I wish they would. Even jsut a little...

Well, night!

~Xila

LuvaBun wrote:
Love the pics - BunBun, you look cute with anything, even a red bow ;)

Well, yeah, I guess that's true...

Jan

BunBun**

Nya. I forgot what I wanted to say.

The silly people were playing "Smash Brothers Brawl" just now- loud people...

Well, night!

*BunBun

ETA: Nya! I just realized I'm picking up habbits from Xila's entries. o_O
("Well, night!", "Nya", etc.) Sorry about that. I guess I had it comming- Reading her entry before I wrote mine and all...

Xila~~~

June 1st, 08

I dug up those bell pictures (I don't think I'm in any of these pictures- I was a cymbal girl, though!These were for a pirade last year)

It's actually quite convient that these pictured are of this guy. Bob here is actually using the bell set that I'm using. If you were to peel off my "Low Rider" music, his Music from last year ("Spania!") would be under it.

100_4871.jpg

Casual picture to show off the bells and the semi-dorky uniform. (I mean... what the heck is up with the sparkley thing on the hat? o_O And, yes, percussion was forced to wear their hat strap on their chin like that. I remember doing that- annoying as heck. It kept hetting in my mouth. Also, the uniform jacket only goes just a bit past our rib cages. It's supposed to make us look taller... And, I swear, those band shoes? They are THE most uncomfortable things I've EVER worn!)

100_4872.jpg

A picture to show how "front-heavy" it is. You can really tell it's weight by how the guy isbending back like that.

100_4873.jpg

A picture to show the padding on the back of the harness. (Ignore how the guy doesn't have the hook on the colar of his uniform done!)

100_4874.jpg

Again a back view- to show how big it is on a tall 7th grade boy. (Just imagine it on a short 7th grade girl!)

Actually, If I were born about a week later than I was, I'd be in 6th grade. So I'm not short because I'm not supposed to be tall- it's jsut becasue I'm younger than most 7th graders.

Nya. Nothing much happened today. Lazy day.

Night!

~Xila

BunBun**

Silly girl and her "marching band".

She didn't feed me yet, either.

And she didn't download any pictures.
So I've got nothing to say.

*BunBun

You know, Xila's entry is always first. I wanna post mine first today.

BunBun**
Arg! That girl is getting worse! SH eforgot my BRECKFAST now! >.>

She needs to get that automatic feeder.
I've got nothing to say, though.

*BunBun

LuvaBun wrote:
Woah!! They are much bigger than I thought! Two of my nieces used to be in a marching band (not sure what they played, but it wasn't anything like that), and they loved it.
Yeah, it is big- I love marching band, though. ^^ Probably even moreso than normal band.

Jan

Xila~~~

June 2, 08

I fixed my harness- It's a lot better now. And Mrs Smith put me on the inside of the band, isnstead of the outside, so I don't ahve to walk as fast.

Sorry, I can't type right now. Tired.

Night.

~Xila

Xila~~~

June 3, 08

Nothing much, ordinary daty. TOday was the last dat got backpacks- YAY! Not only so I have a good 3 months of not lugging that torn-up thing around, but, also, that means NO HOMEWORK!

^^

Hey, I've got a question; For those of you who have the container of the Papaya Tablets... what do you do with the dust in the bottom when it's gone? Don't get me wrong, I've got pleanty... Just looking for suggustions ahead of time.

I've decided that from now on, I'll be randomly slapping in a random question/idea/fact/etc.

Today's is.... Something to ponder!

[align=center]Somethign to ponder:
6/3/08
[/align]
[align=center]If you get your foot stuck in the S-bend of a toilet.. do you call 911, or a plumber?[/align]
[align=left]Anyway, I got to bring home this dragon I made in Art class. Kinda' scray, the paint (Before it dried) was the same color as our house. o_O Everyone says it's really cute, but I just think it's "okay".[/align]
[align=left]Pictures whenever.[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Night![/align]
[align=left]~Xila[/align]

BunBun**

Argg... Phantom is sitting infront of the screen. Shoo, Kitty, shoo!

Silly girl. She came home late.
But she brought me some clover, so, I guess all is well.

Have you fellow rabbits ever noticed that humans have strange ways of showing affection? Apparently, the girl calling me "Cutie-poo" is a sign of affection. I'm not so sure, though.

*BunBun

Xila~~~
Jume 4, 08

Sorry, I'm not saying much. My computer is giving me issues.

I'm not even kidding when I say I'm *THIS* close to just throwing it across the room.

We made these "fresco" things in art. Its kinda' neet. Mine had a picture of BunBun on it, and a lot of black on it, and the watercolors bled... I think he looks like azombie bunny, but everyone else says it looks like shading. I disagree.

Pictures whenever-Night.

~Xila

BunBun**

Nya. The girl is drawing me on "Frescos" now? Fresco... that sounds like that one veggie shortening that you'd use in cooking.... Cresco, or something? I dunno. I'm not a big cooking fan, per se. I like the food, just not cooking it.

Actually, I've never had something that was cooked... but I've seen the girl eat stuff that's cooked. Looks good, but she says I can't have any. D=

Oh well.

*BunBun

Hey Xila, sorry I haven't posted in here in awhile.

The band pics are great!

When the papaya tablets are gone, I would imagine you just pitch it, I don't think anyone uses the dust for anything. I don't give those.

What's wrong with the puter? I hate puter issues, I know what you mean, I've wanted to toss a puter as well;). Hope you get it resolved soon.

Latest posts

Back