The Date Has Been Set...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrittsBunny

Reaction score
...and let me tell you, I am SO nervous! I hope I am making the right decision of contemplating bringing another bunny into my home :twitch:Wrangler has been by himself for a little over two years now, and the whole time I have been wondering if he would like a friend. He seems pretty darn content on his own, but like I said, sometimes I wonder if he would be happier with a bonded mate. Of course I love bunnies and have been dreaming of getting a second one, but I just hope it's not going to get crazy or something :shock:Wrangler is a free-roam rabbit and the only time he is in a cage is when he goes to feed/water/go to the bathroom, or when we go traveling. I just bought him a little pet carrier so that'll be easier to transport him. I really do not want to get a bigger cage or another cage, my room is super crammed as it is. I do not mind however, getting another pet carrier, that is no biggie. I am going to have to invest in a bunny pen now, so that when I go home to visit, they can run around in there. Any thoughts anyone? Do you think this is a good idea?It can't be too much more expensive right?

Just make sure you get a bunny who has potential as a free range bun. I recently got a second and she's way too smart and way too curious to be free roam! Haha. Unless you can bunny proof 100% plan to have a period of time where you need to keep an eye on the new bun at least. There will be some troublemaking at first, but hopefully she'll settle down.

elrohwen wrote:
Just make sure you get a bunny who has potential as a free range bun. I recently got a second and she's way too smart and way too curious to be free roam! Haha. Unless you can bunny proof 100% plan to have a period of time where you need to keep an eye on the new bun at least. There will be some troublemaking at first, but hopefully she'll settle down.
I know, I just hope she turns out to be a good influence for Wrangler too...he's not perfect and makes mistakes...like peeing and pooping on my bed, but for the most part, he is a good bun. And believe me, after a couple of small "accidents" with my bun getting ahold of some wires, my room is pretty bunny-proof...all wires are kept off the ground :thumbupBut sometimes they can be sneeky...:shameAnywho, I just hope that the two of them will learn to be more social with me too. Like Wrangler has definitely come out of his shell, but I read on here that sometimes getting a second bun helps them to become even more social and outgoing.

Hi, I just got my bunny Bonnie a friend. She has been on her own for 5 years and she has taken to her new husband Albert beautifully. We did have a bit of drama previously though where we took her on a bunny date, thought she had a good match but then she became really aggressive once we got home. After consulting the shelter and trying different tactics in the end we had to return the bunny on their advice. It was very disheartening. Take two we went for bunnies more simalar to her colouring and breed and have had wonderful success with Albert. The two of them are just so happy together it makes me so so happy. Bonnie was a happy girl before but once you see them with another bun it makes you realise no matter how great people company is, when youre a bunny nothing beats another bunny! I think once you get the right mate for your bunny, you won't regret it.

i think you are doing the right thing! i mean at least you can see if that is what you and your bunny want, and you will never be wondering if you should or not. im kinda nervous for you! i wanted to get my bun a wifey too because i felt he was lonely. good luck and keep us updated :biggrin2:

joeyC19 wrote:
Hi, I just got my bunny Bonnie a friend. She has been on her own for 5 years and she has taken to her new husband Albert beautifully. We did have a bit of drama previously though where we took her on a bunny date, thought she had a good match but then she became really aggressive once we got home. After consulting the shelter and trying different tactics in the end we had to return the bunny on their advice. It was very disheartening. Take two we went for bunnies more simalar to her colouring and breed and have had wonderful success with Albert. The two of them are just so happy together it makes me so so happy. Bonnie was a happy girl before but once you see them with another bun it makes you realise no matter how great people company is, when youre a bunny nothing beats another bunny! I think once you get the right mate for your bunny, you won't regret it.
I know this sounds kind of selfish...but will the bunnies still love and adore me? Like I'll lay on the floor now and Wrangler will romp around and jump on me...I guess I am just nervous that he'll be like "ohh I got a new woman in my life now...see ya ole lady!" I just hope he doesn't forget about momma :cry4:

slavetoabunny wrote:
I hope you find a wife for Wrangler. I think bonded pairs are the greatest! Where are you going for the bunny date? When is it?

Patti-

I hope so too, though I admit, I am really nervous! I am scared thatI will not be able to handle two bunnies for some reason :ph34r2I think I will be okay though, I have all the must-have's for rabbits and room for them to not be confined to a cage, but I still have my worries. Plus I have big dreams of building a rabbit house for them when I move to my new place (wherever that may be, but I am hoping to be moving to a mini-farm)...anyways, in the meantime, I bought a large playpen today at Petsmart, so I'll be able to take them outside once in awhile - like maybe to my barn where my horse is...of course it's not covered, so I'll have to keep a constant on eye them; but'll be fun to watch them play! :biggrin:

P.S. I am PMing you!

BrittsBunny wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
I hope you find a wife for Wrangler. I think bonded pairs are the greatest! Where are you going for the bunny date? When is it?

Patti-

I hope so too, though I admit, I am really nervous! I am scared thatI will not be able to handle two bunnies for some reason :ph34r2I think I will be okay though, I have all the must-have's for rabbits and room for them to not be confined to a cage, but I still have my worries. Plus I have big dreams of building a rabbit house for them when I move to my new place (wherever that may be, but I am hoping to be moving to a mini-farm)...anyways, in the meantime, I bought a large playpen today at Petsmart, so I'll be able to take them outside once in awhile - like maybe to my barn where my horse is...of course it's not covered, so I'll have to keep a constant on eye them; but'll be fun to watch them play! :biggrin:

P.S. I am PMing you!

Got your PM and replied. Bonded bunnies are the greatest. I just love watching them groom and snuggle with each other. Just continue to interact with them from the beginning and you can be one of the family.

Say hi to Betsy for me and let me know if you need any advice. GRR will always be here for you. I'm thrilled that you're "in the family."

slavetoabunny wrote:
Got your PM and replied. Bonded bunnies are the greatest. I just love watching them groom and snuggle with each other. Just continue to interact with them from the beginning and you can be one of the family.

Say hi to Betsy for me and let me know if you need any advice. GRR will always be here for you. I'm thrilled that you're "in the family."

Thanks for the confidence boost...believe me, I am hoping this all works out for the best! :thumbupI've enjoyed having Wrangler so much that I just think two bunnies would be double the fun! ;)

& I'll be sure to say hi to Betsy for you! Wish you couldbe there so that I can put a face to your name! :biggrin:Well maybe one of these days! Thanks for all of the help and advice! You know I'll be keeping in touch! & thanks for the GRR family welcome!

MagneticLove wrote:
i think you are doing the right thing! i mean at least you can see if that is what you and your bunny want, and you will never be wondering if you should or not. im kinda nervous for you! i wanted to get my bun a wifey too because i felt he was lonely. good luck and keep us updated :biggrin2:
I believe I am doing the right thing too...keeping my fingers crossed and praying that this all works out! I am nevous/anxious/excited about getting another bun to love and care for! And I will be taking heaps ofpics and keeping ya'llposted for sure! :thumbup

Latest posts

Back