The Cove

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

Reaction score
Last night I watched The Cove on ANPL and I was horrified, distrubed and cried my eyes out on the slaughter of thousands of Dolphins in Japan. I've always loved Dolphin's watching Flipper and wanting to be a Dolphin trainer. I finally got to pet one at the San Diego Zoo and it was a thrill of a lifetime. Now seeing this and having Ric O'Barry who trained the Dolphin's for Flipper is trying to stop this terrible tragedy. Bravo to Ric and his crew for risking life and limb to save these Dolphin's.

I was so furious at those ignorant, arrogant, bast**ds in Japan, how can they do this and laugh about it. I hope they all get Mercury disease!! What's your opinion on seeing this.

I cried too... I'm normally pretty tough about those things... But there was something so undeniably cruel about this... It seemed well-documented and not exaggerated but I am not very good at noticing these things. What's your take on the actualy documentary?

Yes I thought the documentary was very well down and it won an Oscar. It's on ever Friday but I'm not sure I can get thru another one of those shows.

I watched The Cove in Japanese class a while back- before many people in America even knew about it...

I was able to hold out on the tears.. because I didn't want to cry in front of my classmates (though my eyes did get quite watery..)... but when I told my mom about it, I grew hysterical and started bawling my eyes out. The dolphin killings is such a horrible thing...

I at first hated ALL Japanese people for this, and told myself I'd never speak Japanese again (in my Elementary school, we HAD to take Japanese, so I've been taking it ever since), but then I realized, not ALL Japanese people are at fault for this. It's like blaming all Americans for the people that poach wolves.

Most and many Japanese people did not, and probably still do not know about the dolphin slaughters. Butttt, since The Cove just was released in Japan, after MUCH controversy from the people who do the dolphin killing, people are now starting to learn.

I'm so glad The Cove has gotten out. I really hope something gets done.

I'm trying so hard to not cry as I type this all ):

The documentary was VERY well done in my opinion. It wasn't at all a boring documentary, it was pretty action filled, and it got it's point through QUITE well. Which is the most important thing.

It was one of those things you just CAN'T take your eyes off of, and one of those things that you just CAN'T get your mind off of. It deserved that Oscar, and so many more.

I recorded it last night, going to watch it later today. I've been wanting to see it.

Better get the kleenex ready. :(

Happi Bun wrote:
I recorded it last night, going to watch it later today. I've been wanting to see it.

Better get the kleenex ready. :(

Yes, DEFINITELY get the kleenex ready. Have a whole box!

This brought to you by the same people that harvest a few thousand whales every year for "scientific research". Every couple of months I write to their Foreign Ministry telling them that until the murder of whales for unnecessary food is stopped, I will not buy anything that has an origin there and will urge everyone I can to boycott also. Just my warped two cents worth.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
This brought to you by the same people that harvest a few thousand whales every year for "scientific research". Every couple of months I write to their Foreign Ministry telling them that until the murder of whales for unnecessary food is stopped, I will not buy anything that has an origin there and will urge everyone I can to boycott also. Just my warped two cents worth.

The thing is, the Japanese PEOPLE aren't to blame.
The Japanese GOVERNMENT IS.

Saying that the Japanese PEOPLE are at fault for the whale killings is like what they did during World War II, where they put anyone of Japanese origin in concentration camps when they had nothing to do with Pearl Harbor.

It's like me saying my Japanese teacher's wife kills whales and dolphins because she's Japanese.

It's the freakin` Japanese government's fault.

Yes, they do need to stop killing whales and dolphins.. but not all Japanese are to blame.

The japanese people are a bit naive when it comes to environmental and animal health issues. The pet situation there is completely pathetic and none of them realize it's happening. The authors of one article I was reading said that every time they tried to point out to them what was happening people would get extremely upset and refuse to talk to them or believe them. The Japanese people are led to believe everything is being done correctly and when they drop off an animal it goes to some happy home when in reality they are all killed with no chance of adoption. I'm sure this is a similar situation where the facts have not reached the public or at least not enough of the public to get it stopped.

That is part of it but their culture is believing what their government tells them and that's it. If anyone would like to sign the petition against the slaughter of the dolphins in Japan, here's the link. Click on the #2 for the form. Thanks for helping!

http://www.takepart.com/writetoourleaders
writetoourleaders

Well for those of you that can read, if you look down the paragraph I specifically mention that I write to a ministry of the government. However, if the PEOPLE wouldn't be eating whale meat, the industry would disappear. As to putting people of Japanese descent into camps, ask a survivor of the Bataan DEATH MARCH how they feel about their treatment. There is one where we used to live who survived and was forced to work in mines for four years. He is 6'2" and when the camp was liberated he was 68 pounds. How many of the Japanese in the camps around the U.S. were used as slave labor, systematically starved, beaten and executed. I did not say any of it was right and did not condemn the Japanese People as a whole because of it. I am opposed to whaling and the killing of dolphins and I did not see any soldiers or government officials doing all the work and killing. Further, I am opposed to the fur trade in China and Russia, so I guess you probably think that I hate all Chinese and Russians too. I strongly suggest that you do some fact checking and also learn how to read and comprehend before you start throwing down. Hey, while I'm at it maybe I should suggest that I hate what was done to the Cherokee tribes by Andrew Jackson in defiance of the Supreme Court--does that mean I'm indicting all of the American people too?

OMG :baghead
I'm sooo sorry, Larry! I didn't read your post properly at all.

Thank you for writing to the Government for the whales. I wish everyone would do that.
My response was very rude. I'm sorry . :(
Please accept my apology?

Back