The Christmas tree is up!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slavetoabunny

Reaction score
Hubby came home with the most perfect tree last night. He picked it out all by himself. I'm so proud of him, lol! Here is my beautiful tree. Let's see a pic of yours.

IMG_2371.jpg

My familys tree is not up yet but I shall post if it is up soon.
Your tree is lovely!!!

HPIM4767.jpg

here is mine but you cant see the lights because of the setting i used,lol.

Instead of one big one we are doing 3 small ones. :biggrin2:

Poor Mouse_Chalk! Her tree went up and then came down just as fast!

Saudade wrote:
Poor Mouse_Chalk! Her tree went up and then came down just as fast!
It's true! :( We put our tree up on 2nd December and even though we were watering it etc, by last weekend you barely had to touch a branch and there was a shower of pine needles. The ornaments started falling off because there weren't enough needles on the branches to hold them on. It got so bad that on Sunday morning, I took the lights and decorations off and it went. This is how it looked when I took it down:

49306276.jpg

It's the saddest thing in the world to have to take down a dead Christmas tree 2 weeks before Christmas!

We went to a proper tree place and got a new tree, which is very healthy and lovely. The people there couldn't believe what had happened and promised us that if anything went wrong with their tree, they'd give us a full refund, although of course it's fine.

This is our new tree!

P1040081.jpg

And this is a very big coincidence, but as I was writing this post, there was a knock at the door. It turned out to be the manager of the store we bought the dead tree from, who'd got Steve's angry letter of complaint and come round to apologise! He bought us some presents 'to try and make up for it'- a SEVEN FOOT artificial tree, a set of blue icicle indoor/outdoor lights, a set of baubels and some tinsel. We're still in hysterics from it. And we have no idea what to do with a 7ft tree!! :shock:

slavetoabunny wrote:
:bump

Where are those Christmas trees folks!

No tree here!

I love ornaments, and have a big collection of them, but don't care much for putting up a Christmas tree. LOL!

BethM wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
:bump

Where are those Christmas trees folks!

No tree here!

I love ornaments, and have a big collection of them, but don't care much for putting up a Christmas tree. LOL!
Do you display them some other way? I wouldn't mind pictures of that too :)
Here, we'd have "murder on our hands" if we didn't put up a tree, LOL.
Hazel would be all over us, asking for her tree :)

Hazel-Mom wrote:
Do you display them some other way? I wouldn't mind pictures of that too :)
Here, we'd have "murder on our hands" if we didn't put up a tree, LOL.
Hazel would be all over us, asking for her tree :)

No, I don't really display them at all. This year, I was given a bunny ornament, and I purchased two others (a metal leaf and a wooden bird), and they're currently just sitting out on my desk. Will pack them away after the holidays.

I think I like ornaments so much because I always put up my grandparent's tree for them when I was young. They were stationed in Germany for a fewyears in the 60's, and most of their ornaments are beautiful glass ornaments that they got over in Europe. I always loved seeing those! Probably my fondest memory of when I was a kid. This might sound morbid, but I really hope to someday inherit those ornaments.

That's so adorable, that Hazel likes the tree! ILOVE the photosof her lying under it!:inlove: I think my bunnies would just eat a tree.

IMG_1581.jpg

:D Our basement has drop ceilings so no star. :( And it's very plain this year... I couldn't find any of our ornaments!!! So just balls and lights. Ho hum.

Latest posts

Back