The Cadbury Saga

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoofbeats23

Reaction score
okay, so I rescued this bunny in March, overweight, diet of pellets and fruits, hock sores.

info:

aprox 2 years old

Neutered male

3lb dwarf/mix

current diet: tim, grass, oat hay switched every few days. 1/4 cup oxbow tim pellets per day. one tiny dried piece of carrot per day as a treat.

Shares a condo with his bonded neutered friend, Hazel, 3 yr old neutered male dwarf mix also 3 lbs. Hazel is healthy.

Cadbury did not eat his cecals when I got him, I though due to being overweight and on a bad diet. He would smash them in his legs for months. So just recently for about 2-3 weeks he was eating his cecals. I saw him do it and sometimes he wouldnt' eat them all but most of them. I also have had him on probios off and on again for months, with out seeing a difference when he is on them or not. Anyway

He refuses to get liter box trained, and poops in everysquare inch of his condo and pees everywhere. I think he doesn't have the sence not to sit in his urine b/c he's getting sores again. It seems to be a chronic problem even though he has TONS of hay in the liter boxes, I clean them daily and I inspect and clean both bunnies' hocks/rears everyday.

I'm so frustrated with this little rabbit, I've had as many as 5 litterboxes in thier condo at a time to encourage use of it, he still pees EVERYWHERE (and poop) but the pee is what's bad since it soaks into their little rugs and stays wet. I would like to have them on straight lineolum but Hazel can't stand to walk on surface with out traction.

can anybody offer adivce to my situation??? Husband says I've taken them to the vet too much already.... so I've got to wait a bit to get a wellness check on them....

Why would Cadbury have eaten his cecals for a few weeks and then fall off the wagon again??

Does anybody have any ideas/remedies for the urine situation?

I feel so bad that he keeps getting hock sores EVEN THOUGH I'm doing everything I can, keeping things as clean as possible and cleaning inspecting bunnies daily.

What more can I do??????

Back