The butt was brown....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orchid

Reaction score
I saw a flash of something so I took a look and this is what I found...

is002.jpg

is001.jpg

So I am just wondering what you guys might think of this....

She is eating just fine. Her litter pans look perfect. Perfect poo,...and pee. She has been drinking just fine...

She has seemed mpre reserved today but hey....

We did start Cilantro yesterday...but I havent seen any sort of problem until this....

Something? Nothing?

Gave a bit of Bene to be on the safe side.....

She may have had some loose poops but with a bun that color it would be easy to stain the coat. it could be the cilantro; I would give some benebac and introduce the cilantro very slowly ..maybe skip it for a few days and then reintroduce it.

Some buns have problems with veggies that other buns can eat so don't give up on cilantro ..just try a very small amount in a few days and see if she has the same result.

it is good that you noticed but nothing to get too concerned about if you do not see diarrhea

cool!

I figured it was that...nothing else has changed. I will back off on it and try again in a few days...I did give the Bene...and I will again tomorrow...

She seems great otherwise...

I am paranoia city ....Simon...and all....

I find it is usually pee. I have a boy bunny that is horrible and I am constantly grooming him because he gets his coat stained in pee, even up his back. My BEW netherland doe has that on her tail and it is just from her sitting on pee which can happem from litter boxes and such. I would not worry.

She is so fluffy that it may be easy for her to pee on herself. It's good that you gave the Bene-Bac in case it was runny poos. You may have to have a different litter pan design to keep her bun clean--with grids or something. She's not a baby, right? Babies frequently have trouble with not making messes of themselves. I'd check to see if it returns, just in case.

tonyshuman wrote:
She is so fluffy that it may be easy for her to pee on herself. It's good that you gave the Bene-Bac in case it was runny poos. You may have to have a different litter pan design to keep her bun clean--with grids or something. She's not a baby, right? Babies frequently have trouble with not making messes of themselves. I'd check to see if it returns, just in case.

They were guessing maybe 2 years old because of the fatty content when they did the spay. Her real age will never be known, but 2 seems to be the best guess...

I will check her again today...even though I know she will hate me for it lol...

Ah yes, I remember now. I hope it was just a one-time deal, perhaps from the cilantro.

I checked her out again this afternoon...

Much to her displeasure.....her tum looks great, everything is healing and her hair is growing back...

The brown-ish stuff was still in the tail area (looks the same, no worse, no better) but also on her back bottom legs...and they were wet.....eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww lol

I think it is the pee staining and nothing else....Whew!

Ok, keep an eye on that, as urinary incontinence can be a sign of bladder problems/urinary tract infection.

Latest posts

Back