The Bunny and I are in Los Angeles and We Need Your Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparklyyy

Reaction score
Hi, all. :)

Zeke and I made the move from Philadelphia to Los Angeles! I decided to fly Delta so he could fly in the cabin with me. Well, turns out there were just a couple of mishaps along the way but everything is fine now. The airline approved carrier I bought for him was only approved to be checked as cargo. :( I was devastated about this. On the first leg of the trip, the flight crew were very helpful and understanding and moved me to an exit row so I could have space to sit with him and put him in a closet for landing and takeoff. For the second leg of the trip, the flight crew weren't as willing to work with me, and made him travel under the plane. I was in tears. They assured me that there were five dogs down there already, but that didn't calm my nerves! I made them drape a blanket over his carrier so he wouldn't be so frightened.

He's happy and doing well in the new place. He has a gated area where he hangs out when I'm not able to watch him. When I'm around, he runs around the living room (which I totally baby-proofed!). He's his usual sassy, demanding self. He chinned my new Blackberry Curve (immediately decided it belongs to him), and won't quit head butting me until I pet him (then he'll happily relax and take a nap next to me and cover me in bunny kisses). He's a good boy. I don't think I'd be tolerating the move as well if it weren't for him.

Anyway, every so often he has a "poopy problem" that I've ignored because he's always seemed in good spirits and health in spite of it. However, now that I'm in a fancy, new place with gorgeous carpeting... I'd love to find out what's going on! The problem always occurs overnight. It happens maybe two or three times a month. I'll wake up and find that there are stains on the carpet of smeared poop. There's also usually one really large, wet poop on the scene, and a little bit of urine. Zeke's usually pretty good about using his litter box when it comes to urine, but it's not unusual that he leaves poops around his designated area. He always eats and drinks pretty well. He gets timothy pellets and hay, and every once in a rare while I'll give him a yogurt drop, parsley, cilantro, and banana. Any ideas?

Oh, I'd also love to hear recommendations about vets in the area. I've done a lot of reading and it seems like all of the great rabbit vets are far away. I wouldn't mind driving if a lot of people vouch for a particular vet, but does anyone know of any great rabbit vets near Studio City, CA?

Thanks! :cool:

Erin

Yay another Los Angeles Bun person!

Here are a few suggestions;

Dr. Lavac at VCA Wishire - he's Baxter!'s vet and he is great! but pricey..

VCA Wilshire Animal Hospital

spacer.gif

2421 Wilshire Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90403
Telephone:310-828-4587
Fax:310-453-1562

And one of the more knowledgable members on this site (Maherwoman) suggested to me her Vet Dr. Limburg I believe was her name and this would be much closer to you than mine in SM.. Maherwoman also PM'd me a list of feed stores around which I'll forward to you if you wish - jut let me know.

VCA Arden Animal Hospital
Phone: 818-246-2478
Fax: 818-956-6367
http://www.VCAArden.com
407 West Arden Avenue
Glendale

Hope that helps!

Hi! Thanks for the responses. :) I think I'll try to get Zeke in for an appointment shortly. I'm going to take him to the VCA Arden Animal Hospital in Glendale. I am glad to hear that it gets two thumbs up from board members, and I've read good things about it online.

Thanks again!

Love, Erin & Zeke

PS: juliew, if you would please send me that PM about feed stores, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!!! :)

Erin

We go to

Dr. Daniel M. Reimer, DVM (HRS, PetBunny)
Adler Veterinary Clinic
16911 Roscoe Blvd.
North Hills, CA 91343
(818) 893-6366

Looks like he is only 10-15 minutes away from you if you hop on 101 and then 405.

Further, I've found that Collar & Leash pet store now carry's Oxbow brand hay and pellets (everyone raves about that brand here).. So if one of those stores are closer to you - then you don't have to drive out to the feed stores.. Keep updating on how your acclimating to Los Angeles and don't be afraid to PM me for unrelated bun questions about the area..

The vet we take our buns to is in Studio City.

It was also reccomended by PetBunny in the CA vet list.

Studio City Animal Hospital
11800 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604

As for feed stores, we go to the Red Barn in Tarzana, but that might be a bit far for you.
They carry oxbow :)
The website isn't that great, but it'll give you an idea on where it is and such.
http://www.venturablvd.com/redbarn/

Latest posts

Back