The Bunnies of Ten Acre Woods

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mongo Gave me my first Grooming lastnight!:yes::dancing: :wiggle :woohoo

I was laying on the living room floor at he came up to me and startednibbling on my t-shirt, the next thing I know he's licking my check andneck,it only lasted a couple of minutes though.It was 1:45 Ambut I just had to wake the wife up anyway and tell her how excited Iwas. He Loves Me!:inlove: He Really LovesMe!:biggrin: :happydanceIt wasSoooo Cool!

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

Aww, tenacre, how sweet! I know how you feel. Iwas SO excited when Nibbles 1st groomed me - by which I mean licking.She pulled on my clothes (and put holes in a lot of them!) from dayone, but wouldn't dare lick me until after we sorted out some issuesabout who was going to be Top Rabbit here (basically, she still thinksshe's the boss, but she's decided to share some of her power with me ;)- and to be fair, I adopted her as an adult, and past the baby bunlovey-dovey phase).

One afternoon I was sitting cross-legged in her pen, and she came over,flopped down next to my leg, and started licking my hand *and*tooth-purring. I never dreamed either of those things would happen,given her bossiness.

last night I clipped her nails for the 1st time, and somehow it gotthrough to her that I wasn't gonna steal her feet - an hour afterwards,she snuggled with me on the floor, let me slide my hands under herfront paws (one for each paw), and then started licking my hands!!! Iwas/am completely amazed at the trust she places in me, because she's alittle thing (3 lbs., and a prey animal) and I'm a great big predator.Funny how these things can work out. :)

Haley, ec and shye :thanks:

I'm in love withmylittle Bunny,:inlove: He did 5, count um5 Binkies for my little girls lastnight but of coarse nitherthem or mom had the camera handy:faint:

The breeder that I got Mongo from sent me thisPic, Notice the White Snip on it'sforehead just likeMongo's. :thumbup

This is her 6new Holland Lop Kits, arn't they just adorable.:yes:

The Broken one Circled in red, I'm praying is a Doe and Mongo's New Girl. :pray:

But no matter which onesturn out to be a Doe's, they're all Beautiful!:kiss:

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! I love the babies!we just got 2foster rabbits and one is pregnant!:shock:I have never donethe baby thing so I am a bit nervous. We have a great vet but he is agood 20 min. drive when the traffic is good so I just hope nothing goeswrong. Our bigest worry is that these rabbits were abandonded on thedoor step of a petsmart. They are both very thin from no food or waterfor who knows how long and they were in a cage to small for 1 rabbitlet alone 2!:mad:We dont know when the babies are due but weare taking her to see the vet next week. She was just to stressed andbeen through to much to make the trip thursday. Both rabbits areputting on weight quick and thier fur is getting shinier by theday!:)They are very sweet but they get a bit aggresive when Itry to clean thier new cage my husband and I built for them. The litterbox training is not going well yet, female bunny drags the litter boxfrom the corner of the cage squats in the corner then pushes litter boxback.:?The male bunny just kinda goes were ever. But it hasonly been a couple days so im not worried about it. I will take somepics tonight and get them posted!

Nuggles8 weeks old!

shye

How old do you think they are? How much do they weight?

I've followed your post andread most of them andYour A Great Bunny Mom!:great:Just make sure their gitting all the hay they want and about 1/8- 1/4cup of Quality Pellets each daily(depending on weight)andsome good fresh Greens but not too much.

Tell your Husband to buy some small c-clamps,key chain clips orbolts,nuts and large washers to attach the litter box to the cage. Thiswill keep them from draging it or turning it over.

We used the key ring clips becaused Mongo did the same thing a fewtimeseven though he was litter box trained, I think it wasjustbeing in a strange place because he don't do it anymore.See Attacked Pic, Just clip it around one wire and slid do over edge oflitter box.They come off easy for cleaning.:sweep

The aggression is probable from the way they were treatedbefore and now being in a strange place , just be gentle talk in aquite voice and I'm sure you'll have them eating out of your handsinnotime.:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Post any ?s hereor PM me if you likeandyou'll get plenty of help and Keep Reading all you can, I knowyou'lldo Fine &:goodluckAnd We wantPictures!:biggrin:

P.S Nuggles IsSooooo Cute!

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

I better not let Deuce see Mongo. He might start wanting to come and hang out...hehe.

I love the Blazing Saddles reference, by the way. :)

Blyre

I dont know for sure how old they are but imguessing they are more than a year old. We are going to fasten down thelitter box and try to clean the cage again today. Here are a fewpictures of them not very good pictures but I will take some morelater. I have never had a male bunny, I must say they are a whole newexperiance me!:?

Thanks for the advice and any suggestions you have along the way are greatly apriciated!:D

Shye,Nuggles,Nibbles

This is the male

This is the result of me being sprayed by the male:shock:

New one for me!! therefor his name will be Mr.Peebody!

I was in shock!

I would guess that Mr.Peebody weighs about 6lbs but his frame and head looks like he should be between 8 and 10lbs.

She looks about 4lbs and looks like she should be about 6lbs.

they actually look healthier in the pics than they really look.

Shye,Nuggles,Nibbles

Blyre

I'm sure Mongo wouldlove to hang out with Duece but Pa. is a little for a Playdate.:shock2::laugh:

:wink Your the first person tomention The Blazzin Saddles" reference, Your right thatswhere Igot Mongo's name.:great:

shye

Thay are real Cute and I'm sure very frightened still,Yourdoing a Great job,it's just going to take alotta patience and time.:goodluck

I Sooo sorry you gotsprayed,:vomit:I'd get that little Bugger fix ASAP and haveher fixed after the litter is weaned.

Crystalballl

I replyed to your PM if you have any more ?s just Pm or email me anytime.

I'll have more pics of mongo later tonight!:yes:

Here's a couple of Mongo's Mansion Door,so people can see howto attach a NIC door. I cut 2 corner connectors in half with a hack sawblade so the panel would fit better in door way and I connected twopanels together with electrical ties and then attached themtocage with more electrical ties.

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

:hello Crystalballl

Each Panel is 14-1/2 X 14 -1/2 andthey're called Organize-It and come in a Green & White Box.:wiggle

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

I have A couple of Newpics of Mongo.:highfive:

Mongo Relaxing By his Door!

Mongo's Looking for Treat's.:laugh:

Mongo Loves his Litter Box!:dunno:

Mongo's Cute Look!:inlove:

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

Mongo is so cute! Here are some new pics of Mr. Peebody and Weeone

They were not happy about the new paper I put inthe cage!:shock:Weeone grunted and lundged at me many times!The she stood up and dugg at me with her front feet, like she wasboxing me:shock:YIKES!:run:

Latest posts

Back