The Bunhalla Bunnies 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We bought a new living room set today! Well a sofa and a chair and an ottoman. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing, but our living room is going to look so much better and be so much more comfortable when the new stuff gets here. For the 2 years Chris and I have been living together we've been using an old love seat in the living room that we got used from my parents.

Sooo we're going to try moving the old love seat and just keeping it for the pets to lounge around on haha. But the new stuff won't get here for a few weeks probably. Kit will be allowed on the new furniture but we'll probably try to keep the bunnies off of it.

I waant this bunny in the worst way...

Sky

She's perfect...a BEW which I've always wanted, small, adorable...

But I told myself no more bunnies for awhile. Not until we either move and have more space, or (god forbid) I loose the ones I have now.

So I wrote about her on my examiner column and hope that someone else will adopt her soon.

----------

My bunnies are doing well :) Yesterday was bunny room cleaning day and the litter boxes where extra nasty. I let them go a few more days then I should have...oops. Well they are nice and clean now.

I have to go to a pet store today to get crickets. Mostly for Miyuki because she hasn't been eating as much (mealworms) as I'd like. Hopefully crickets will stimulate her hunting instincts more and get her eating better. I like to give them to Haku and Aurora once in awhile too just to give them a more varied diet.

I was playing a little rough with Kit last night and he accidentally gave me a fat/cut lip haha. It looks bad and is really annoying. People keep looking at me funny. Hopefully it heals up soon.

Aurora's second clutch of the season is in the process of being laid right now. Egg #3 of the season is in the lay box with, I assume, #4 on the way now. I haven't checked the eggs or moved them to the incubator yet because Aurora is still in the lay box with them and I don't want to disturb her right now.

I don't think I'll be posting updates on these eggs as often as I did Miyuki's here or on facebook, but I'll still be doing the same thing, taking weekly pictures of them, so that when/if I sell the babies then I'll have a ton of pictures to give to their new owners. :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

:)

Ali I'll keep you updated. I'd be more than happy to see one of my baby geckos go home with you. Plus you don't live too far so maybe we could work something fun out...when the baby gecko is ready to go to a new home maybe we could get together and bring the puppers for a play date or something. Kashi and Kit playing together would be just about the cutest thing ever!

I have a few other people interested in gecko babies too. I don't want to make any promises to anyone quite yet just because right now I can't even guarantee that the eggs I have incubating now will hatch. Hopefully they will though!

Jeez I can't believe it's already the last day of June. This year is totally flying by. I've been keeping busy lately. My newest project is that I am writing a short story that should be published in an anthology later on this year. My deadline to have it finished is only a few short weeks away so I've kind of entered panic mode now haha. Especially since I keep procrastinating and instead of writing like I should be, I'm playing with bunnies and Kitsunes and geckos.
:biggrin2:
All the kiddos are doing well, knock on wood. It's weird that we've had a relatively calm last few months as far as the pets go. Everyone has seemingly decided to give me a much needed break and they have all stayed healthy lately. Miyuki, our newest little family member, is eating and growing well so far. I told Chris the other day that she actually looks like a gecko to me now. Before I think she looked like a weird little newt or something lol.

The bunnies are doing well. Not really appreciating the raise in temperature lately, even with the AC on they seem to be feeling the heat. Other than that they are good though.

I'll get some new ones today or tomorrow :) I do have some, but they aren't good. She moves around so fast that it's really hard to get a good picture of her.

She's been eating well and growing :) I'm going to weigh her tomorrow, and I'm working on buying stuff she'll need for when she's big enough to move into a regular tank.

Chris and I have been engaged for 2 years today. :)

Right now she's in a bin cage. It's heated and all that (of course), but it's a very simple set up - paper towel sub-straight, very simple hides, small low water/food/calcium dishes. It's what other breeders recommend for me to keep the hatchlings in, at least until they start eating well and grow a bit bigger.

It seemed like it took Miyuki longer than I would have liked to get the hang of eating...but she's got it down now and is doing well. She gained a gram in the last week and is up to 5 grams now. She stayed at 4 grams for the first two weeks but is finally gaining now. I really have to post new pictures of her!

I was talking to another "rabbit person" today about their 8 year old rabbit and they kept talking about how that's old for a rabbit...kind of made me sad to think about since my rabbits are all 4 - half way to 8. Barnaby will be 5 in November and the other two will turn 5 a few months after that. I know typical life span is 8 - 12 according to some people, even though I did luck out and have one live to 15 before.

Sad to think about that if my guys only lived to 8, that would mean they'd only be around for less than 4 more years. Hopefully they live lots longer than that!

61e9e52a.jpg

4a300dc9.jpg

8ac181a3.jpg

7369fe62.jpg

59e24e8e.jpg

b4d3b96b.jpg

5198a7a8.png

Hey!

I just wanted to let you guys know that, for a bunch of different reasons, I probably won't be posting in my blog here anymore. I was going to just stop posting and leave it at that, but I figured I'd say something. I may visit once in awhile, if/when I have the time, so maybe I'll "see" some of you around.

All the pets are fine, it's not anything to have to do with them.

I'm sure no one will really care, or the ones who would already know how to contact me, but if anyone is interested in keeping in touch you can reach me on my Facebook page.

If you send a friend request just make sure to leave a message and let me know who you are, I don't usually accept requests if I can't figure out who the person is lol.

Alternatively you can get in touch with me and probably read about updates on my furkids on myPet forum, or my blog.

Oooor if you're interested in Leopard Gecko updates you can visit my breeder page Dragonrain Exotics.

Haha why yes, I do enjoy making websites. Can you tell? ;)

So that's it I guess. Thanks to those of you who have commented on my blog here or my pictures. It's been fun, and I wish you all the best!

:)

:( So sorry to see you take a break from RO. I'm not on FB, so I guess I'll have to try to remember to see whatyour bunnies are up to on your web site. I hope you still plan on posting lots of pics there.... ;)

Awww too cute for words. I wish we could have lionheads in Australia. And holland lops, would love to have 1 each of them. Actually i would love to have 1 each of every breed of rabbit lol, but i am sure i would go insane with that many pets. >.<

Back