The Bunhalla Bunnies 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! :)

Yeah Ali let me know if you ever want one of my gecko babies - it would make me really happy because I know what an awesome home it would have with you :)

Egg update!

Here it is this morning. It's been incubating for 6 weeks today.

9b3bd68f.jpg

Look how much it's grown! For comparison, here's one of the earlier pictures...

331b4fdf.jpg

I can't wait until I can come here to update, and announce that it hatched! I'm very optimistic about the outcome so far, since the egg seems to be very healthy.

Some random pictures of the bunners from this morning, they are hanging out in a pen in the kitchen.

Barnaby was hogging the litter box...

61b5cdcb.jpg

2bbb1c28.jpg

Ziggy says to Berry "Hey we gotta go ask him if we can go in there with him"

1c7767ee.jpg

So Ziggy asks first (as Kit looks on), but Barnaby says no!!

49be79ee.jpg

Then Berry asks...

58b5be75.jpg

And Barnaby, a proper gentlebun, can't say no to a beautiful lady, so he gives up and leaves the box to give the others a turn.

a8052385.jpg

Lol that's it. They are still in the pen probably doing adorable things, but I don't feel like taking any more pictures today.

Sorry if the pictures are huge - I resized them all but photobucket is being kind if weird right now so hopefully it works!

Oooo.... I so wish I could snuggle the all... (except for egg-- it's not ready for snuggling yet... lol).

That Barnaby is so handsome with his fuzzy mane. Are you going to keep him that way for a while yet?

I don't mean it in a mean way when I say that Ziggy is so sweet looking with his new cute smile. It makes me wish I could smoochie on his little face because his smile makes me smile. :p

Thanks for the pic update!! Always enjoy seeing your kids. :D

Yeah the current plan is to leave Barnaby's hair alone! Unless I think it starts to bother him or he gets too hot/tangled or something like that. He's getting sooo fuffy!

I think Ziggy's new smile is pretty cute too! I kind of feel bad saying that since he got that way from a health issue...but I guess it's okay since he's all better now and it doesn't effect him negatively at all. I think it's really noticeable but when people come over no one ever seems to notice until I point it out. I do think he looks adorable though!

I have a feeling that this **might** be my last week of leopard gecko egg updates for this egg. It's been incubating for 7 weeks now, or 50 days...and normally leopard gecko eggs hatch before or around 60 days. Judging by the egg growth, I'm expecting it to hatch any time now. I'm really on edge waiting for it to hatch and hoping that everything goes well and I get a healthy hatchling. Needless to say I'd be pretty disappointed if things didn't go well after waiting all this time.

So here it is. Yes I moved the eggs position. It was getting so big that it was almost touching the sides of the plastic container it's incubating in. I thought that this way, the baby will have a little bit more space to maneuver in without hitting itself on the side of the container while it's hatching.

077b62a3.jpg

I was looking at pictures of other peoples leo eggs the other day and found some breeders who incubated in the same exact size container that I'm using...some of their eggs where like half of the size of mine before they hatched. I keep joking with Chris that my baby gecko is going to be full grown by the time she hatches.

All the rest of the pets are doing well :) The bunnies have been kind of lazy in the warmer weather but I keep catching them flopping over and sleeping in the cutest positions. I haven't been able to get any good pictures though because most of the time they get up to beg for treats when I go into the room. I'll keep trying to get some good pictures.

Gecko baby hatched today!! On day 52 of incubation, finished hatching around 5:45PM and it took it about an hour and 45 minutes to hatch. I got to watch her hatch!

She is healthy and is already very active :) I'll make sure to post pictures soon...those of you who have my facebook I'm sure have already seen her.

Happy hatch day little gecko! I'll have to work on a name for her, she doesn't have one yet.

So the baby gecko hatched yesterday....June 14th. I was thinking about it today and for a few minutes I couldn't figure it out, but I new there was some significance about the date.

Then I remembered...it's one day off though...but we got Zeus on June 13th back in 2006. We used to celebrate his gotcha day/birthday on June 13th because we didn't know when his real birthday was.

Kind of weird to think about that 6 years ago today we had only had Zeus for a few days. Crazy to think that that was all 6 years ago. I still remember the day we brought him home as clearly as if it was yesterday.

Thank you :) Yes I am very excited about getting to watch her change and grow. She's only 2 days old and already I can start to see slight changes...she doesn't look as bright pink as she did when she first hatched, and she is much more active.

She is very very active for such a small little thing. When I check on her she puffs herself all up to try to make herself look bigger, and runs around like a nut. I'm trying to leave her alone for the most part but it's so hard to resist the temptation to just watch her. I was all prepared for the infamous baby gecko scream, but she hasn't yelled at me a single time yet.

I weighed her and she weighs only 4 grams!

Oh, we decided to name her Miyuki. Now hopefully we don't find out that she's really a boy when she gets older! Her name is Japanese and can mean both "good fortune" and also "beautiful snow". We thought it was fitting for her because she should be a beautiful white color when she gets older...and because I must have very good luck to have gotten her! I feel like I won the lottery. Not to get into genetics here, but to get a baby that looks like her for my first hatchling was very very good luck.
:biggrin:

Yeah she's a big girl. On the large side of normal for a leo baby, I think. Apparently Aurora lays huge eggs compared to some leo females.

We got Kit a new hair clipper and it got here today. He was really overdue for a groom and there was no way I was even going to attempt clipping his hair with the old clipper I had. Anyways, the new clipper is amazing compared to that piece of junk I was using before. Kit always acts so happy after his hair cuts, it's so cute. I really need to get some new pictures of him, and the bunnies too!

This one!

And here are the results...

fbb0eca9.jpg

I know I'm not amazing at grooming him but I like doing it. It's fun haha. I'm not used to seeing him without his long ear hair though. I kind of wish I had left it long. He doesn't look like a papillon anymore. Ah well, it will grow.

Picture of Miyuki I took earlier today. She's next to a nickle so you can see her size better.

770cc672.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, Chelle, I so hope you didn't use the blade that came with the clipper....

I'm guessing the clipper came with a # 10 blade. That blade is used more for cleaning the groin and the butt areas. Please get yourself a # 5 blade (or a #5F) so that Kit won't be so pink. Honestly, if he is clipped with a #10 too many times, his hair may not come back in, or it may come back in patches. I have groomed for too many years and have seen older dogs come in who have been groomed too short for too long of time, and their hairs are thin and patchy at best. If you need to know more about the #5 blade, please pm me and I will be happy to tell you more about it. Kit is always so handsome with his fluffy coat, and I don't want you to be unhappy with his hair as he gets older.

Yeah for baby gecko!!! That must have been so exciting to watch her hatch!! So glad you were home for the big event to get pics of your new baby. I really like her name, although it will take me a bit to get used to spelling it, Miyuki. :D

Thanks for the clipper advice. Does he look really pink in the picture? I didn't think he was too bad haha. I'm going to PM you :)

It was very exciting to watch the gecko hatch. I was so so happy I got to see it.

I don't know why we end up giving so many of our pets strange Japanese names. We have Kitsune, Haku, and now Miyuki.

Back