The Bunhalla Bunnies 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Ziggy... You might have to move his 'grumpy pants' so he doesn't put them on in the morning. I guess supervised play-time with Barnaby and Berry is better than no time with them.

You must have just brushed Barnaby for that first pic you posted! He looks so soft and handsome! Makes me want to cuddle and squish on him with his beautiful hair! :p

LOL at the tongue pic!! Such a goofy bunny! :biggrin:

Awe... cuddle pics always melt my heart. :bunnyheart

What!!! Kit is a digger?!!! Such a sweet little dog... ;) The dirty nose-digger pics of my Patrick are my favorite also... There just seems to be a greater sense of satisfaction knowing that the job is done, and done right. :)

Was thinking about you guys. *hugs*

Great pictures! :) Is Barnaby a lionhead or angora? It is hard to see the body hair. All of the buns are very handsome. I can't believe Kit can be naughty and get dirty! LOL

Thanks for the comments :)

Barnaby is a very furry lionhead! His fur looks shorter in a lot of my earlier pictures because I use to cut it. I'm letting it grow out again now though and his long hair is so crazy.

More vet visits with Ziggy. He's okay...but something is not right. I don't know. He's eating and drinking and playing but I know something is off with him. We're going to have a full workup done on his kidneys. Bleh. It's always something, right?

Everyone else is doing well. The weather here has been getting nicer and nicer. It's so nice to finally be able to open the windows more often. Chris, Kit and I have been spending many of our evenings going to the park together, finally catching up on our running now that the paths at the park aren't coated in ice anymore.

Ah I won't bore you all with any more stuff. But I've been keeping busy with a few different projects as well as volunteer work and trying to spend some more quality time with Chris and the pets.

I hope everyone is doing well and that you all have an amazing weekend!!

Ziggy is okay, if anyone's interested.

After a bunch of testing the vet couldn't really find anything wrong with him. So we determined that he's probably having a bit of trouble learning to cope with his new partial facial paralysis, which was caused by nerve damage due to an ear infection. The infection is gone now, btw.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on him. I dunno....he's never seemed completely normal to me even though countless numbers of tests have found nothing wrong with him. It's weird.

But he's happy, playing, eating and acting normal. He's still the king of DBF's at our house. Kit figured out the other day how to open Ziggy's pen, lol, so now randomly he'll go and let Ziggy out, and they'll start chasing each other around the apartment. Well no, not so much each other, Ziggy chases Kit! Haha Kit loves it, he looooves being chased.

Nothing too much new animal wise other than the drama with Ziggy. Barnaby and Berry are doing wonderful. :) The other pets are healthy and happy too.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

That's great news that Ziggy is 'technically' okay. It is so frustrating to have a fur-kid go through all of those tests to find nothing is wrong. I took a pair of my pigs in to have their teeth/mouths checked because they didn't want to eat their oranges. Turned out nothing is wrong, they are just being fussy... ;)

I suppose that is a big change to have partial paralysis. I guess we don't think about it too much because we expect fur-kids to adapt quickly/better. Maybe his chasing adventures with Kit will cheer him up. Poor Kit being chased by a big bad bunny... ;) I bet a video would be fun to watch...

What a relief Ziggy is ok. It's hard because we pick up on such subtle changes and now you have to learn a new normal. Kit is such a sweet dog. Does Ziggy get into any trouble after chasing the dog around? Sometimes I think about how much trouble Andre would get into if he had thumbs. It sounds like Kit may be the same way. :)

Thanks for the comments.

Ziggy and Kit are my trouble makers. I love them for it. I love all my pets, of course, but I've always had a soft spot for the trouble makers.

I feel like I'm in a really good place with my bunnies lately. I started cleaning their room more often and it's been so much cleaner lately, which is awesome. Ziggy isn't taking any medications anymore so he's finally starting to trust me again...Berry and Barnaby are doing amazing. My shy little Barnaby let me pet him for awhile this afternoon without thumping and running away. :)

I don't leave all three of them together 24/7 anymore. Ziggy is very moody, which was causing tension between all 3 of them. So now I have a bit of a different set up. Basically Ziggy has his own xpen where he can still see, smell, and lay next to the other two but not get too grumpy with them. He, strangely, seems to really really enjoy having his own space.

Everyday I let all 3 of the bunnies run around together. As long as Berry and Barnaby stay out of Ziggy's pen, he is very nice to them. He seems to like spending time with them, but when he's had enough he'll run into the bunny room and stand next to his pen, waiting for me to open it and let him inside. He really seems to love his pen, we call it his bachelor pad lol.

OMG I posted this on my facebook but I'll say it here too...

If bunny owners think DBF's are bad....you should seriously see the crazy positions my leopard geckos sleep in sometimes. They've totally got any bunny I've ever met beat. I swear like 5 times a week they nearly give me heart attacks because they look dead when I check on them. They look totally limp and contort themselves into the most awkward, uncomfortably looking positions sometimes.

Like this one time I checked in on Aurora...and I swear to you I thought part of her head was missing! I was totally freaked out until I figured out that it was just a combination of the light playing off her scales and the awkward way she had her head positioned.

Then they'll like cram their heads up between or against stuff in their tanks. I guess they think rock pillows are comfortable, but jeez the awkward positions they contort themselves into makes them really look dead sometimes.

Luckily they are both perfectly healthy! They do know how to scare me though!!

I'll try to get some pictures sometime soon :) It's kind of hard though because a lot of times you can hardly see them in the spots they sleep...they like to hide under things and their tanks are full of hides and fake plants and stuff.

Just got a bunch of candy for Chris and I for Easter, and a new toy and some treats for each of the pets...well except for the frogs and geckos because they don't play with toys, but I got them treats. We're not usually big on Easter but hey, any excuse to buy candy right? We where going to go to Chris' families for Easter dinner but they canceled, so we're going to have a nice quiet day at home.

It's so hard to wait until Sunday to open the candy...I have such a sweet tooth!

Oh yea!!! Isa scares me once a day atleast.

Ha glad to hear I'm not the only one that happens too!!

Ugh so I have been pretty religiously cleaning the bunny room thoroughly twice a week and it was working out really well for me. The room wouldn't be a complete disaster when I cleaned it, so it was easier to clean and didn't take as long, and it never got to the point where it smelled bad at all.

Only last tuesday when I was suppose to clean I had a really bad migraine all day so I didn't do it. Then I decided instead of cleaning it the next day, that I'd just wait until next cleaning day since it was only 2 days away anyways. Big mistake! Chris started to complain yesterday that the bunny room/bedroom was starting to smell like bunny pee and when I cleaned the room today it was a horrible mess - it took me 3 times as long as usual to clean it. So I learned my lesson...maybe. We'll see.

I'm mad at my sister. Okay so she had two dogs, two cats, and a g.pig already. She has been having off and on problems with her landlord to the point where she almost got evicted, and thought she was going to have to rehome most of her pets. Then things settled down and it turned out she didn't have to move...so what does she do, she goes out and gets a new puppy. It's a boxer/pit bull/rottweiler mix. It's a beautiful puppy but come on...she was already complaining to me about how hard it will be for her to get another apartment someday with the husky she already had. Now she's going to have two big dogs, one of which is not a very favored breed mix.

Oh, and then she decides that two dogs are too much for her. So instead of rehomeing the cute little 6 (yes 6) week old puppy that's she's had for all of 3 days...she rehomes her Jack Russel terrier who she's had for 2 years. ...Who she's had for 2 years and never bothered to get neutered, and never bathroom trained properly. Sigh...her and I are so opposite in so many ways. She's my sister and I love her, but the way she is with her pets just really disappoints me.

If anything good came out of all that, it's that Tex (the Jack Russel) did find a new home and his new owners sound like an amazing new home for him. They have 20 acres of land for him to run around on, they already switched him over to much better food than what my sister was feeding him, and he's already seen a vet and is scheduled to get neutered next week. He was a great little dog and in a way I'm sad that I won't see him or know how he's doing anymore, I really think he's going to have a better life now which is awesome.

Hoppy Easter from the Bunhalla Bunnies & family!

7378dfa0.jpg

99ed8d3d.jpg

8f8db8dc.jpg

55860939.jpg

1f950163.jpg

b44ff1a9.jpg

I know I know, bunnies and Easter and all that...but I couldn't resist taking those yesterday when we got all the Easter stuff out. The pictures are pretty much just for us, and I figured it wouldn't hurt to share them with fellow bunny lovers.

Aurora gave me the ultimate Easter eggs this morning! Yes she laid eggs, sometime between 6 am and 10 am this morning. I knew she was gravid....but I don't know if the eggs are actually fertile because Aurora and Haku have not been together since last year (she could possibly still produce fertile eggs from the last time they where together). So we'll see. I popped the eggs in the incubator, but I'm not going to get too excited about it since there's probably a good chance they are not fertile.

Anyways I hope everyone has a great Easter!!

Thank you! :biggrin2: Barnaby is getting soo fluffy again since his last hair cut, he looks so cute.

My Easter eggs, courtesy of Aurora.

753c748b.jpg

I looked at them again this morning, and quickly candled both of them. Egg 1 (on the right, the one that isn't as white as the other) I'm pretty sure is infertile but just because these are Aurora's best looking eggs ever, I'm going to incubate it until I'm 100% sure. Egg 2 I actually think is fertile! If it is, and it hatches, that will make it my first baby from Aurora and Haku ever. I'm very excited. Now I just have to play the waiting game and see what happens.

Aurora is doing very well after having her eggs. She's been really pigging out since she had them :)

Thank you! Yes, I am very excited about the eggs. If one (or two!) of them hatch, they will be my first baby geckos ever from Haku and Aurora. Some of you may remember that I bred her last year, but all the eggs she laid ended up being infertile. I'm even more excited because I've pretty much already decided that if one of these first eggs hatches, I will be keeping the baby myself. I just don't want to give up my first ever Haku/Aurora baby.

Don't kindle for a week! It may harm then, and you really don't knwo until a week of laying if they are fertile! :)

I am so excited! Now for the 90 day wait...lol

Latest posts

Back