The BEST article on rabbit obesity :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
I've been trying to put this on the site, but we're waiting for an upgrade that will allow us to post it looking as pretty as it does on the PDF file or on Pam's webpage, but just got word that's a few weeks away, so thought for now I'd at least post the PDF file.

Learn and enjoy, and ease up onthose craisins!!

sas :biggrin2:

EDIT: Hope this one works! (I'll have to grab a link to Pam's site, I think she has it up there as well).

EDIT 2: If this PDF Doesn't work for you (it works for me, tho), here's the article on Pam's site:

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/RabbitWeight.pdf

When clicking the pdf this is what I get.

Sorry, you do not have permission to download this attachment in this forum. You may probably perform this action after you login. If you are not a member, you can register here. If you are already logged in then the administrator of the board does not allow this action. Should you have any questions, please contact [email protected].

I just edited the original post, the link to Pam's site it there, too, so if the PDF in the thread doesn't open (although it should now?), you should be able to see it on Pam's site. :)

Let me know!

sas :)

The link works for me and the write up is sad, but excellent. Thank you so much Pam for all the hard work you put into this piece.

Great article- it's a pity that Merry was *my* rabbit. We tried very hard to save her, but we couldn't. I only had her three weeks.

Ivory wrote:
Great article- it's a pity that Merry was *my* rabbit. We tried very hard to save her, but we couldn't. I only had her three weeks.

Merry was gorgeous. I am so sorry you lost her.

Excellent article Pam. Thanks for writing and sharing.

Very informative and a topic that is not easily found as a separately elaboratedarticle, obesity is usually mentioned in a para or two in articles dealing with diet in general.

Pam thanks very much for writing it and Sas thanks very much for posting it!

Marietta

Ivory, I'm so sorry about Merry! It's apalling how some people allow their animals to get "out of control".

In the end the ones hurt the most are those that suffer through the health problems.

Ibimi (the dutch girl in the article) is slowly shedding some of her weight but we've had a hard way of it and still a long way to go. Her breathing is much easier than it was when I first brought her home. Hopefully she'll continue to recover from her excessive weight but I'm all too aware of how hard it can be on a rabbit...

Back