The Bat kindled

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jil101ca

Reaction score
Last winter I had a doe die on me when her kits were but 6 days old.I bottle fed the litter and 7 out of 9 were weaned and 6 were sold as pets. I kept one I called the bat.I had alot of help and support from people here, Tiny's Mom being of a tremendous help to me. Remember this one....

med_gallery_732_157_108496.jpg

Here she is today.all 11 lbs of her

gallery_732_157_57916.jpg

She kindled 8 today on day 30, built a beautiful nest with a ton of hair. It is cold up here. 2 were very big and I beleive were DOA as she didn't clean them at all, I went out tonight to bring them in the house for the night and check them over really well. I was too late for 1 of them, the nest was cold. The other 5 are doing great and look like they are going to otters like her. That makes me a proud grandma

gallery_732_157_1097.jpg

gallery_732_157_49758.jpg

OMG she was adorable in that baby pic!
She's a beautiful girl! I want an otter one day. I was holding a little black nethie otter today..... I was in love....

CONGRATS, Granny!!! ;)

Congratulations! Sorry about the losses... but 5 is a good number for her to raise. Adorable pictures! What a prettygirl she grew up to be! She's come a long way! You should be very proud! :cool:

Oh - I REMEMBER her.....I remember worrying about her.....

Congrats.....I'm so happy for both you & her....I hope the babies bring you lots of joy.

Peg

Awe!! Congrats on being a grandma, the babies are just adorable! I think Bat is gorgeous too. :hearts

awww look at the little pink ears how cute are they :D

Congrats Grandma. Hope the rest grow up as big and strong as their mum.

The kits are doing great, They are starting to open their eyes now. Talk about vocal!! They do alot of talking in the box. They also jump very high and hard when I move the hair, I kind of feel sorry for The Bat. She is being am awsome Mom. I notice that she has 10 teats and a ton of milk. I was bringing them in the house at night for the first week as it was cold, even with the heater on max. I noticed when they got fur and I left them outside over night with her that they doubled their size over night. Are they ever nice big fat rolly polys. I take pics later on...

The pure black one has both eyes open and the other 4 have slits so maybe tommorrow. They are 2 weeks old on Sunday. Here are some pics taken today. Beautiful colouring, I am very proud of her.

gallery_732_157_69666.jpg

gallery_732_157_57595.jpg

gallery_732_157_53243.jpg

Back