The "Bad" Cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumLumPop

Reaction score
Clark has this habit where he will constantly rattle his cage bars throughout to night. It got on ,y nerves to the point where I switched the cages he and Lewis were in. So now Clark was in Lewis's cage(an old cage that was for our let rats,it's metal so I thought the bars would be harder to move). Clark loves the cage and I never hear a peep from him. He just kinda chills.

Then Lewis...

The cage he was put into is the one we had bought for Clark when we first got him. It's a plastic rabbit cage. Much larger than the rat cage. However,Lewis(who I've never had a problem with)seemed to take after his namesake(Meriweather Lewis)in the sense that he became extremely paranoid. He would make these loud sounds EVERY night. It got to the point where I considered it may be time to find Lewis a home that was more experienced because of his paranoia. This morning switched them back to their original cages.

Lewis is acting like a saint and Clark is rattling the cage bars...so is it the cage that's causing their behavior? The cage has been moved twice before but no matter where the cage is they act paranoid! What do I do? I doubt my Dad will believe me and go buy a new cage.

Does it have a high plastic bottom? Maybe they feel that they can not see out the cage and this could cause a bunny to want to get away in fear that there could be a predator around that they can't see. Maybe you could put blankets on the bottom to raise them up a little bit.

Does it have a high plastic bottom? Maybe they feel that they can not see out the cage and this could cause a bunny to want to get away in fear that there could be a predator around that they can't see. Maybe you could put blankets on the bottom to raise them up a little bit.

I read this and turned around to see that Clark's head didn't reach up enough...I feel like a doofus! THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES! Now I have to find some cardboard or old towels for the cage! The mystery has been solved! Now I can finally sleep!

I read this and turned around to see that Clark's head didn't reach up enough...I feel like a doofus! THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES! Now I have to find some cardboard or old towels for the cage! The mystery has been solved! Now I can finally sleep!

Haha hopefully it works! The same thing happened to my grandmas bunny so we had to give him a booster blanket lol :)

Latest posts

Back