That's not a bunny!!! That's a Marine!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
I put this on another thread but some of you may have missed it, so....

To all of you who where so kind andconcerned about our son who is in Iraq, he is on his second tour andwas supposed to return to the states in January.Wereceived an email from him and it looks like he got bumped up andmaybe home for good inSeptember!

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers!

Raspberry

rekl

Oh what wonderful news! I bet you can'twait to have him home! I hope that others will have the sameluck and that all of our armed forces can come home soon...Thanks forposting this...puts other problems into perspective.

-Carrie

Wow Rasberry,

What a handsome guy. It's nice to put a face to whom I prayfor along with the Doc's brother. Seeing him makes it evenmore personal. I truly think and pray for you folks everyday. I know of a guy in the Reserves that's going outtomorrow. Leaving his 3 young children and wife.

Good Lord, I just can't imagine what they go through overthere.I'm soproudof our troops,the British, and all of the other troops helping out overthere.God Bless each and every one of them and their familiesfor what you're having to endure until you can give him a big hugagain.

Can you send him care packages?

-Carolyn

Yes, we do send himpackages, but they have lost half of them and the rest of them takeweeks to arrive. We sent a lot more the first time he wasover there and they were much better about getting them to theboys. I wonder if there isn't as much importance put on itthis time around since the movement has lost so much support. Thanksfor the prayers. He wasn't a boy who was into prayer much buthe has been overwhelmed by the love and support of total strangers whopray for him during all of this. ( I email him and forward alot of the little notes and emails I get from people that he doesn'teven know) He said he doesn't feel aslonely.

DaisyNBuster wrote:
Thiswar has brought your country and mineclose together. It'speople like your son who have done your county and mine proud. I am sohappy he will be coming home in September and my thoughts will be withyou until he is safe athome!

Vickie

Amen, Vickie!

I also felt really close to your country when the Gulf War happenedtoo.The strange thing about that is I canstill see the face of the one British soldier who was a P.O.W. in theGulf War. We do consider the British troops our ownfamily.Personally, I adore the country and thepeople of Great Britain.

-Carolyn

Rasberry,

I was afraid that would happen that your packages would get lost, butcan you imagine how you son felt when he got them?! I lovethat you send him notes that people send you and he feels a bit lesslonely. I can't imagine the worry and distress you've been inwaiting for him, yet you come in thisforumwith sucha giving and upbeat attitude.Same withtheDoc. What an example you both set.

-Carolyn

What a handsome young man! Our prayerswill be with him. My brother is currently stationed at CampVictory Northin Baghdad and will be there for about another12 months :( This is his 3rd trip to the middle east and hewas also in Desert Storm.

Pam

The troops welcome care packages, but items (including personal items such as photos) are often stolen.

Carolyn wrote:
Amen, Vickie!

I also felt really close to your country when the Gulf War happenedtoo.The strange thing about that is I canstill see the face of the one British soldier who was a P.O.W. in theGulf War. We do consider the British troops our ownfamily.Personally, I adore the country and thepeople of Great Britain.
Nexttime your over here give mea bell!

pamnock wrote:
Mybrother is currently stationed at Camp Victory NorthinBaghdad and will be there for about another 12 months :( Thisis his 3rd trip to the middle east and he was also in Desert Storm.

Pam

The troops welcome care packages, but items (including personal items such as photos) are often stolen.

Our son left the statesonChristmas Eve the first time and was in Kuwait when the warstarted. He came home after 9 months and was home for about 5months before they sent him back. This time he is inFalujah. It's a terrible, terrible place to be. Forthose who are unfamiliar, it's the city near Baghdad that is on thenews every day because of insurgent attacks against ourtroops. He was surprised by the news that he was coming homeearly, so Pam, I will pray for a surprise for your family too.

You know Carolyn, what he likes to get in his boxes the most is, our home town newspaper, junk food and clean boxers!

Geez, can youbelieve how many lives this thing touches? And believe me,the men felt the turn in tide when the country felt it was "cool" tosupport them in the beginning and then political stuff started to murkythe waters. They areour fathers, sons, brothers,etc. speak no ill, think only positively, and pray alot. We can fight with the politicians AFTER the boys comehome safely. Bluebird, you're in our group hug now!
Raspberry

Though my husband is active Air Force I have beenvery lucky this time around. He has previously served twotours in Saudi and one year in Korea (all through our engagement... wefigure if we can get through that being married is a piece of cakeLOL). Just last month my husband was told he was going todeploy... and processed all the way through the part of getting hisdesert uniform, only to be told a week before that the tour wascanceled *WHEW*. This was just after we had been told (due toerror) that he was going BACK to Korea for another year.Thank goodness things have worked out for the best for him, so faranyway. I know he will have to go overseas again but thelonger we can put it off the better I feel.

My thoughts and prayers are always with our military members and theirfamilies. It's not always easy, or rewarding... but I sure amproud of each and every one of them. Glad to hear your sonmay be coming home sooner than thought Raspberry! I know youcan't always judge a book by it's cover, but I still think he lookslike a good man in his picture and I'm sure you feel that way too:). Make sure to give him a great big hug from all of us whenyou get to see him again!

-Cheryl

Thanks somuch. You guys are all so great! With so many troops spreadout all over the world you know in your heart there are hundreds ofthousands of people that are going through the same things your familyare going through.Hearing the words from others somehowhelps. Our son seems like just a boy. Pretty girls, fastmotorcycles...I've never asked, but I bet he'd never even votedbefore. This last couple years brought a whole new wave ofbabies into the picture. I'm sorry to drag on about non-bunnysubjects...you guys have just been so supportive!!!Thanks!

My God, Rasberry,

You don't have to be sorry. We do venture off the topic here and Icouldn't think of a more important topic to cover than all the men andwomen putting their lives on the line every day.

For the record, I don't know a single person that doesn't support ourtroops, the British, Italians, and all the other countries helping towin the war on terrorism. Not one single person. They may question thepolitical angle, that that's quite separate from how they feel aboutthe troops and families and all they're going through.

One of my best friend's son is in Korea. It's not like you breathe easily while they're there either, TrampNPigeon.

Rasberry, your son seems like a baby because (to me) he is. He's juststarting out in life. What an honorable thing for him to do.

God Bless Each One.

-Carolyn

Sorry for the late reply but I'm just now gettingback into the boards. My husband just left July 7th for hisfirst tour in Iraq. I'm glad to hear your son will be cominghome early that is always the best news. We'll keep him inour prayers until he is safely home.

Latest posts

Back