Thanksgiving

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I just had my last guest cancel on me so my family and I will be travelling for the holiday.

What does everyone do for Thanksgiving? This is the first year in a decade where I won't be doing the cooking, so I'm wondering what people do?

Mu husband and I share in the cooking. Some items he cooks and some items I cook while other items we work on together. We cook a large amount and go all out although it is usually just us and the girls. We then eat left overs every day until they are gone. We all actually like the food enough we don't get tired of it after days and are disappointed as it runs out.

We have primary custody but holidays are switched each year on who they are with. If with us we cook as usual. If it's the year to be with their mother we will usually wait and cook right before they come back depending on how many days it is until they come back.

We are more than happy though to have company.

I like the leftover too the first day or so, but I get tired of turkey sandwiches. I was going to force people to take home food this year but as it's not at my house that won't be an issue.

My family and I have always gone to my grandmother's house. She does most of the cooking and everyone else brings a side dish. I can't wait! :)

We don't have thanksgiving here in Aus, though I've celebrated it in America a couple of times with my fiance. His mum always makes a tonne of food, turkey and all sorts for lunch or very early dinner and the family sits around the table, says what they're thankful for and eats, and that's about it. :p I don't like pumpkin pie at all though, to me it's very strange. Pumpkin is a gross vegetable, you can't make a delicious sweet treat out of it, lol.

I'm actually working for thanksgiving...I work at a group home with Autistic Children, as much as I want to be with my family I'm glad that I can be with kids who's families cannot take them home for the holidays.

I work the day before, day of, and day after. I've never been big on the day, my family is so splintered that in order to celebrate it I got to go to several places. This year I'm off to my In-laws, then brother, then work. I just hope I get some peace out of it is all.

I'm smoking a turkey and some bunny friends are coming over after they get off of work. Don't really have any traditional things til Saturnalia.

as I scrolled on through, I read that as "I'm smoking the bunny" ;________;

I'll be so glad for the day off, but I'm in retail and not looking forward to this weekend qq Going to my mom's!

Hubby and I visit our parents' houses. We usually eat at one and just visit the other. It's really just like any other family meal to me. I'm a pescetarian so I don't eat turkey anyway, lol.

I'll be having a nice meal at my mother's house. She used to cook, but hasn't the last several years, so we pre-order what we want from Kroger, and I pick it up. I love cranberry sauce(the jellied, sliced kind from a can - yes I'm weird), and pumpkin pie; but what I really miss about a big turkey cooked at home is the turkey leftovers... My mother would make a Hot Brown, which is basically a platter of several diagonally sliced white toast points, covered with leftover turkey pieces, a few tomato slices, a couple strips of crispy bacon, and all blanketed with a Mornay sauce, then broiled in the oven. :D

I like that cranberry sauce as well. I forgot to put it out last year, so I ended up eating it out of the can and on sandwiches. It was good.

Latest posts

Back