Thanksgiving confusion Canada?!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezeta

Reaction score
I'm so confused, I read somewhere that Thanksgiving was on the fourth thursday in November but I just saw that its thanksgiving in Canada now, I was just wondering if someone could clear up the confusion for me please, the reason I'm interested is becauseI'm going to Canada(LA, Vegas and San Fran) on November 15th - 30th so thought we were going to be there fot Thanksgiving, also mypartner told me he had read somewhere that after Thanksgiving you have sales in the shops, is that right. Does that mean I wont be able to do some sales shopping while I'm there :(

Canada and the United States are different countries, they both have thanksgiving but Canada has it earlier than the USA. So if you are going to the USA between the 15th and 30th I think you will catch thanksgiving there :D (as the places you named aren't in Canada as far as I know :p).

And yes, the day after Thanksgiving is the kick off for the holiday shopping season. Put on your comfy shoes and prepare to find bargains - if you want to fight the mobs. A lot of stores open at 6 a.m. and have lines waiting outside to get in.

Thursday, November 27 is the US Thanksgiving. :)

Is that what they call Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving when everyone goes shopping? That is similar to our (Canada) Boxing Day Sale December 26, when everything is discounted for a clearance sale.

slavetoabunny wrote:
And yes, the day after Thanksgiving is the kick off for the holiday shopping season. Put on your comfy shoes and prepare to find bargains - if you want to fight the mobs. A lot of stores open at 6 a.m. and have lines waiting outside to get in.
earlier every year....................:shock::?

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Thursday, November 27 is the US Thanksgiving. :)

Is that what they call Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving when everyone goes shopping? That is similar to our (Canada) Boxing Day Sale December 26, when everything is discounted for a clearance sale.
yup, it's black friday....but we shop the day after x-mas too:biggrin2::cool:

I've heard that Best Buy has some amazing bargains on Black Friday. Not that you could pay me to go there that day! I have never gone shopping on the day after Thanksgiving.

Iagreed to stop by Wal-mart (for a friend) on X-mas eve a few years ago. Yes, we are still friends.

I usually only go to Toys r us, and sometimes they dont have any really good bargains but it is the time that i get my three kids mostly done. Sometimes we are able to get to walmart or antoher store but it is insane, and by lunch time i am ssssooooooooo tired and irratable all i want to do is go home and go to bed,lol

slavetoabunny wrote:
I've heard that Best Buy has some amazing bargains on Black Friday. Not that you could pay me to go there that day! I have never gone shopping on the day after Thanksgiving.
we got my first MP3 for 50% off at best buy a few years back. Grandma and Grandpa had to get it because the car broke down.....:rollseyes. they said the lines were awful:tongue

LadyBug wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
we got my first MP3 for 50% off at best buy a few years back. Grandma and Grandpa had to get it because the car broke down.....:rollseyes. they said the lines were awful:tongue

I know a lady that would go to Best Buy with her hubby on Black Friday. She would stand him in the huge line and then go do a power shop. She pretty much knew what she wanted and where the item was located, so could move pretty fast. She even managed to find a few things along the way that she didn't know she needed.

In know that she would save a ton of money and get most of her X-mas shopping done in one fell swoop.

Haha ok I know this is an old post but I have just realized and your all going to think I'm really stupid... Erm I guess I am but I've just realized I was mixing Canada and California up! What a wally!! Well I feel silly now well they do both begin with a c I suppose hehe

Back