Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JadeIcing wrote:
Get him fixed and we can talk no boy bits needed here.
Well.....actually....he ain't going anywhere....boy bits or not...

I gotta admit - he may frustrate me like the dickens...but I love him too and can't give him up....

I'm sorry your tubing adventure didn't end too well... I've never been to a water park or anything of the sort so I would have panicked as well.

I think Robyn is lucky to have such supportive parents. I think it's really nice of you guys to help her see him and think of ways to compromise without allowing something you wouldn't want. Really, I like how you balance that. :)

I hope your Avon job is going well and that you are happy with it. :biggrin:

I give up.....

Schioppi has been living on the floor along with her mom and her cousins and stuff. Lately the does have been in the mood - mounting each other, etc - and Schioppi was doing most of the mounting.

I pulled her off her cousin this morning...and flipped her to talk to her...

That's when I saw....

BOY BITS!

Art is dying laughing since Schioppi was sorta named that cause it was an Italian word for "gun" or "Shotgun" or something like that....(turns out the word means Thunderer).

HE is now caged....and I'm looking into buying/making 6 nestboxes...just in case.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
:laugh:

I tell you that gender fairy must have frequent flier miles.
Yeah....he/she loves to fly from Texas to Indiana all the time....

The funny thing is - now that Schioppi is in a cage and I look at "her" - I can see the masculine face....her face really has changed over the last few weeks.

Nela wrote:
I'm sorry your tubing adventure didn't end too well... I've never been to a water park or anything of the sort so I would have panicked as well.

I think Robyn is lucky to have such supportive parents. I think it's really nice of you guys to help her see him and think of ways to compromise without allowing something you wouldn't want. Really, I like how you balance that. :)

I hope your Avon job is going well and that you are happy with it. :biggrin:
After spending the last hour or so working on Avon stuff...I'm finally gonna head to bed and sleep till about 8 or so....(I slept a lot yesterday).

I'm so busy with Avon (and the rest of my life) that I'm not on RO much anymore....

I'm hoping to get a bit more balance in the next few days...but on Tuesday I drive up to San Antonio and stay in a hotel by myself....so that I can attend a "Business Development Seminar" at the Marriott. I understand we're having lunch and a fashion show and ...well...I'm excited. There is also going to be a lot of training going on - to help me build my business.

I've got to say...I am LOVING Avon....and having all these feminine products around - is making me want to use them (and use them)...and wow....I almost feel pretty (and I never felt that way before).

I'm also learning a lot about me - my weaknesses - my strengths - and even thinking about what I want for goals...I hope to share some later this week...

Oh - before I forget - someone was sharing about Avon and they said this - and I love it. (Avon supports several cultural things - like fighting against domestic violence and cancer research, etc).

This is the company that puts mascara on lashes and food on tables,that fights wrinkles with one hand and Breast Cancer with the other.That knows the value of a perfect lip, but still opens its mouth and speaks out against Domestic Violence and for women’s financial independence.This is the company that not only brings beauty to doors, but also opens them. The company that supports 6 million Representatives in over 100 countries.This is Avon. The company, that for 125 years, has stood for beauty, innovation, optimism and above all for Women.
Yeah - I know - some of you may be thinking, "Be Careful Peg...you're drinking the Kool Aid...you don't want to become a rabid Avon Rep"...

...and you're right. I don't.

But I will say - I'm having a blast....and the more I learn - the more I am so glad I signed up with Avon.

Now...off to bed for about 4 hours of sleep...

TinysMom wrote:
She WAS Nyx's daughter...now she is Nyx's son....aka FLEMISH GIANT!

:biggrin: Yay...my "grandbaby"!

So now Nyx's gene pool not only includes the Houdini gene, it also includes....the Master of Disguise!

That sneaky gender fairy...sometimes I'd like to swat her like a bug. :p

But do we know the gender fairy is a she? Could it be a he sometimes?

Maybe the gender fairy swaps genders itself whenever it swaps another rabbit's gender....

Just something to think about...

Ah, then the gender fairy is a he-she! And is him/her self a Master of Disguise!

:biggrin2: Who or whatever he-she is, TROUBLEMAKER is thy middle name!

Art says my idea can not be correct because as soon as the gender fairy became a 'he' - he would sit down in front of the tv w/ a beer and say, "Forget this flying around being a fairy...I'm staying right here..."

TinysMom wrote:
Art says my idea can not be correct because as soon as the gender fairy became a 'he' - he would sit down in front of the tv w/ a beer and say, "Forget this flying around being a fairy...I'm staying right here..."

LOL ART!!!! I love that man. :biggrin2:

yeah - I love him too - so funny.

I'm on my way out the door now for San Antonio - an Avon conference tomorrow.....so very excited and so very SCARED about driving in the city.

Of course I had to go and pick up 5 mystery shops to do today too - 1 in Uvalde and 4 in San Antonio on the way to the hotel...I'm calling them into the scheduler..

ARG!

OH well...its another $75....I'll look at it that way.

I'm glad you are enjoying doing Avon, I was thinking about doing it for awhile too. I go to an all girls school so the perfect place to hand out catalogues! Two girls started doing it though and they pretty much have the place covered. I do love buying from it though :p

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
How are you and Avon doing?

How is your bunny herd?
I'm loving Avon - not making much money at it now - but then again - it takes time to build a customer base and to build any business. I've been busy stocking up for a craft fair/bazaar type thing in 2 weeks...I hope to do well at it and make lots of contacts.

Things are going sorta ok here with the herd. We lost another holland baby today - its like they just stop doing well and lose weight and poof...they're gone. I tried to save it and hoped I'd be able to - but it didn't make it. I was hoping to give it to a girl who wants to start breeding hollands (I was going to be her mentor). Not sure if the other tort is a girl...if it is - then I may give her that one even if it is nice. Dotty (the broken) is staying here for sure.

We just did cage switching. Mr Bubbles is now back in the cage he was in with Jar Jar (after spending a night in a carrier). Jar Jar has moved to a smaller cage for a couple of weeks (till I can afford a bigger cage for him). Ellie Mae has also moved to a smaller cage so that Schioppie (Nyx's son that we thought was a doe) - could have a bigger cage than what he was in. He seemed very happy with his cage.

I need to take photos of bunnies and share them - but a quick story. We have six of Harmony's kids w/ Mercury...been watching them to see how they develop. Mr Bubbles is/was the runt - he's almost caught up. Rudy and Bullet are the other two boys - Eve can't get along with her sisters (she got that name cause I wound up putting her in a cage next to Adam)....and then there are her two sisters who are currently nameless.

Well Bullet is a flirt - Rudy has gotten out of his cage once though (don't ask) and is becoming more of a flirt also. He also likes to turn things over and play with them.

Tonight I was in the rabbitry feeding and Rudy had turned his litter box upside down and was wearing it on top of him - as if he was a turtle and it was his shell.

It was hilarious. I laughed so hard I was almost doubled over....and he was like, "I know my food is here somewhere..." but he couldn't seem to get his litter box to turn around with him. Finally - he had to toss it off his head and onto its side so he could get to his food.

Oh - and Dukey (aka Duke). He is the flemish giant "baby" that I've been bottle feeding - even though he's now 10 weeks old (I think - I have to count it out) - he thinks he needs a bottle every night. So I give in and make him a bottle - with about 99% hot water and 2 - 3 drops of the sweet cream that he used to have as part of his formula (I ran out of powdered formula).

He guzzles it all down while sitting on the counter - and then flicks me off as soon as I put him down and he hops away.

The thing is - if I miss it at night - he hounds me in the morning till he gets it....and he'll climb on my lap and up onto my chest/shoulder area and start trying to nurse off my neck and stuff to let me know he wants his bottle...

He's spoiled rotten. Totally.

Its amazing to watch him develop - he's Big Jake's son...the only thing I have out of Jake yet. I've got to say - I think he's going to turn out nice...

Back