testical issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohsnapitscharity

Reaction score
my rabbits testicles seem....shriveled? not all of it just the back of them and brownish...anyone else hearrd of this...arent they supposed to be roundish and pink? maybe im slow but im pretty sure they are. HELP!

What colour marking does your bun have? How old is he? At the risk of being stupid, but is he neutered?

It may just be that he is sucking them up when you look, and that other times, when he is more relaxed they are plump like they should be.

Could you maybe post a picture?

A picture would help. Also, do you know what scent glands are? They are pockets near the anus/testicles that contain a brown waxy substance. If it were just a texture change, he would just be sucking them up, but the color change bothers me. Not long ago there was a bunny on here with melanoma on his testicle!

ohsnapitscharity wrote:
my rabbits testicles seem....shriveled? not all of it just the back of them and brownish...anyone else hearrd of this...arent they supposed to be roundish and pink? maybe im slow but im pretty sure they are. HELP!

When a rabbit is afraid or ( other times also )they can shrink their testicles up so quickly that you can barely find them

happens a lot at the shelter which often leads to problems sexing the rabbit for some people

the shrivelled testicle will look brownish and just like shriveled skin .
but it is normal
at other times they will be full looking and pink

Has he been swimming in a cold pool? HA HA. First, I take it he isn't neutered, I would look into that first.

ed

Whew! I clean my guys' out monthly by dipping q-tips in the baby oil and then just gently rubbing on the crusty stuff to get it out. At the shelter, I just use water instead of baby oil because we don't have baby oil. It's not as easy to dissolve the waxy stuff, but it still works.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vldSCV9qY3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vldSCV9qY3c[/ame]

this is good but I never saw a rabbit lay still like this so don't expect it to be this easy

alright thanks so much for all your answers

uhmm one more thing though im still not sure how far to clip the toenails like im not sure my rabbits toenails are even long for a rabbit but it hurts bad when then scratch me....so help on that would be nice...

oh and can you get a rabbit declawed? or is it cruel and unusal that i even ask. im sorry if it is i just want to know:?

i forgot to ask...is it painful/uncomfortable for them to have their scent glands clean??

and how much would this cost if i took it to a local vet and if you know any close to me that would be excellent

ok someday very soon im going to get the courage to try it.
can i by any chance use like regular toenail clippers or something because i dont have any dog clippers (i take my dog to get hers done)

I would find a vet who is knowledgeable about rabbits and have the vet demonstrate the procedure to you or (if you are uncomfortable ) do it for you.

if you are near a rabbit rescue or house rabbit society you may be able to contact them for help..

I wouldn't try it yourself if you are uncomfortable

Latest posts

Back