territorial outside her cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flagrl

Reaction score
so i just got my dutch bunny about 1 week ago, and she is really nice she will come when i walk into the room and call her and really doesnt fuss too much over being petted or picked up. but today i noticed she had been chewing on a cord that i thought i covered up behind my bookshelf so i went to cover it up and she lunged at me and tried to bit me. this has never happened before after that when i got her out of there i petted her she had no problem. what can i do to fix this territorial agression if that is what it is. i blocked it off right now so she cant get to it. she is fine when she is in her cage i can pet her there she dont mind. why this spot?

Hi, Simba sounds sweet, but new to you and your home so he will need sometime to get adjusted. Even though he seems at ease at times, don't be put off by him being hesitant at times.

Best thing I can suggest is to just sit with him and do not touch him until he touches you. Been there with one of my Buns, and found (TonysHuman on this site tolde me to wait) til they "Nose Bump" you or they rub their chin on you - their saying "I trust you". Best advice I've was given for this problem. You'll find a conversation with (learn to speak) Simba, just give it time.

whenever she does, put her back in her cage. also, try to hold her and if she trys against u, try back and dont let her down until shes calm. when shes calm, put her down. this works for mine too since he has agresion problems. also try getting her spayed. it helps a ton!! it makes the mfeel less territorial and calmer and mellow

Latest posts

Back