Territorial mini lop buck...help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hill-Hutch

Reaction score
D.B. has become extremely territorial over his cage and everything in it!

He's about a year old and his sibling, Min doesn't act like this at all!

D.B. sprays and growels until you get him away from his cage and the shed, then he's perfectly fine.

He's taken a liking to biting everyone! He even bit my little sister twice and made her bleed!

Can anyone help?

My little sister would like to show him this year for 4-H, but we need to fix this problem.

Min gets nippy sometimes, but only when the does are in heat.

Thank you!
~Sydnie

Neutering will definitely be a good fix but since your sister is showing him, I would definitely start working with him near his crate. Spend time with him there, if he growls and charges, give a good stern "NO" and place your hand on his head and pin him. You need to show him who's boss.

And I would definitely get some gloves while you are working with him.

Hormones do tend to bring out the "beast" in bunnies. And some males are more territorial than others. At least he's not like that all the time. And can calm down when out of the range of the territory he thinks is his.

Wishing you luck. Hopefully patience and lots of working with this boy brings down that territorial dominance. It can be done.

K:)

Thanks Karen! I'll most definitely try it and explain it to my little sister so she can try it too!

I'll let you know how it all goes!

Thanks guy's!

Latest posts

Back