Teresa starting Stasis(She is doing A LOT BETTER!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeIcing

Reaction score
Its coming on fast and hard. Meds in her gave her water. Going to get her moving.

Gonna be OK, Alicia... You know what to do:hug:. C'mon Teresa!

Put her in her cage to see what she did. She is sitting in her litter pan NOT shoving her fresh hay out. It is always the first thing she does.

Well about 30mins from first dose and she is alittle more feisty.

I hope she will be okay, Alicia. What a little feisty girl she is.

JadeIcing wrote:

Well about 30mins from first dose and she is alittle more feisty.

You mean simethicone? Perhaps it is gas, especially if she is responding and it came on that fast. Hoping that is all it is for now.

I am sure she will to feisty not too.

She has regular stasis. I just don't post. No poop or pee since I got home. Which 2 and a half hours. Feisty with her is she struggled alittle.

Also just to let everyone know she likes to poop. On me seems to be her fave place. Also found alittle mishappen mushy poop.

Spoke to soon 4 tiny poops.

Did I mention she is shedding tons?

JadeIcing wrote:
Did I mention she is shedding tons?

Bad combination....

4 tiny poops is still ok, so she isn't completely blocked.

It is entirely likely that there may be a partial blockage somewhere, causing her symptoms. I find gas and partial blockage symptoms to be identical. Keep up with that water + simethicone, best bet to break down whatever may be obstructing her. I like to chase my guy around when he is like that, he doesn't like the chasing but I think it really works, sometimes dislodges whatever is stuck.

:litterhealthy: keep going Teresa

Bo was doing that this past weekend and we had the clumps/pearl...... uhh RING?

I fed him some oats, some banana, some cheerios and lots of yummy hay... he's fine now...

Teresa..... YOU GET BETTER BABY!!!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Bo was doing that this past weekend and we had the clumps/pearl...... uhh RING?

That would do it, they feel so much better after. Did you see Sass' present to me?
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=42959&forum_id=1

If you suspect hair is causing the discomfort/stasis, it could be a good idea to try some papain and bromelain. I don't think it would hurt in this situation, especially if the rabbit is getting lots of hydration.

Latest posts

Back