Tennessee Bunny Needs New Home - SUCCESS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggys Mom

Reaction score
This is Shadow:
RabbitsOctober192005002.jpg

RabbitsOctober192005001.jpg

He is an eight month-old Fuzzy Lop. He is a VERY sweet rabbit.

He has been with my neighbor since July.Shecan'tgive him the attention he deserves. Hespends most of his time in his cage in the garage.

If I didn't already have three of my own, I would love to have him.

He has a high maintenance coat and needs to be shaved completely now due to severe matting.

He is otherwise very healthy and has great litterbox habits.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thanks,

Laura

What an absolutely gorgeous rabbit!

Can't get much farther away from me than Tennessee, though. :(

Two fuzzies just came into the shelter in this neighbourhood, though,and they are generating MUCH interest, so I'm sure when the word getsout this little guy will find a good home.

Meanwhile, we'll do what I can to spread the word!

SAS :)and PIPP :bunnydance:

oh...how cute! we were just talking aboutgetting a friend for peapoo this afternoon..shhhh! dont telldad..lol.....he's (shadow)not too much older than peapoo,she's going to be 6mo. january30th.. how do you think he would be withanother bun? peapoo is not fixed yet, but she will be ASAP....is heneutered?

*edit*

ive been doing some research on fuzzy lops... everything has beensaying they only need brushed once or twice a wk...is that about right?also in the summer would he get too hot if he was outside? im not sureif i'm keeping peapoo inside or outside...i think she will live inboth..since dad just built a big outside cage

Peapoo, that's so great you're doing the research!

As for brushing, why not just pet him with a brush in your hand? :sunshine:

I hope this works out for both you and the bunny!

peapoo_bunny wrote:
how do you think he would be with another bun? peapoo is notfixed yet, but she will be ASAP....is he neutered?
fuzzy lops... everything has been saying they only needbrushed once or twice a wk...is that about right?
alsoin the summer would he get too hot if he was outside?
He is not neutered, but I may take him and have that done as well asgetting him shaved. He was matted bad when my neighbor gothim. I've tried to get them out, but it'simpossible.

My Fuzzy Lop's coatis easy to manage. I brush himonly once a week and give him a haircut about once every sixweeks.

How hot are summers where you live? If you kept him in theshade with lots of ventilation and frozen water bottles to keep cool,he should be okay.

Laura

Laura wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
how doyou think he would be with another bun? peapoo is not fixed yet, butshe will be ASAP....is he neutered?
fuzzy lops... everything has been saying they only needbrushed once or twice a wk...is that about right?
alsoin the summer would he get too hot if he was outside?
He is not neutered, but I may take him and have that done as well asgetting him shaved. He was matted bad when my neighbor gothim. I've tried to get them out, but it'simpossible.

My Fuzzy Lop's coatis easy to manage. I brush himonly once a week and give him a haircut about once every sixweeks.

How hot are summers where you live? If you kept him in theshade with lots of ventilation and frozen water bottles to keep cool,he should be okay.

Laura

if he gets neutered, my parents wouldprobably sayyes..depending on how far we would have to drive...you know how gasprices are these days

well i think its usuallyupper70's*F, butit does get into the 80's also.the cages are hopefulyl going to be inthe shade... if i think peapoo is getting too hot i usually bring herinside... in the winter peapoo comes inside anyways... i have had a lotof different kinds of bunnies, but i have never had a long hairedone...i think it would be fun though

would she be sending his cage with him?

he is so cute!:happyrabbit: my mom is gone on a trip rightnow, she'll be home tomorrow..i cant wait for her to get home so i canshow her! :waiting:she loves the little fuzzy buns, so thats good..andi dont really think she wants a big bunny...i think i can handle hisfur..all our dogs have wool-like fur that has to be brushedconstantly...could he/should he be shaved in the summer?

what part of tennessee is he in?
:ponder:

*edit*

mom said we'll see

Pipp wrote:
Peapoo, that's so great you're doing the research!

As for brushing, why not just pet him with a brush in your hand? :sunshine:

I hope this works out for both you and the bunny!

i want to learn as much asi canbefore just goingand gettingany new bun.. so any information would beappreciated!

petting them with a brush in your hand sounds good... we have a lot ofbrushes here because the dogs are like giant cotton or fluffballs:shock:..plus my mom used to groom dogs so she couldprobably give me some pointers

does he have mats in those pictures? i cant tell.:?

Yes, he has had matts since she gothim. I'm able to cut out the big ones, but they go all theway to the skin. He needs to be shaved. Once hisnew coat starts growing in, you can keep it brushed and he won't getmatts again.

His cage will come with him, but it's a plastic bottomed, inside cage.

Laura

Laura wrote:
Yes, he has had matts since she got him. I'm ableto cut out the big ones, but they go all the way to the skin.He needs to be shaved. Once his new coat starts growing in,you can keep it brushed and he won't get matts again.

His cage will come with him, but it's a plastic bottomed, inside cage.

Laura
the inside cage would be all i needed (if mom would make up hermind..huh! she has to "think about it" for awhile)...we could getanother for outside..but i want whatever bunny we get to be inside too

I'm going to take Shadow next week and foster him until I can place him in a good home.

The owner wants to take him to the shelter and he would most likely beput to sleep. I just can't let that happen, especially tosuch a great rabbit. He's a real sweetie.

Ican't keep him permanently (my limit is three), soifyou know of anyone who might be interested, let meknow.I will have him neutered and take careofhis coat.

Laura

Laura wrote:
Ican't keep him permanently (my limit is three),so ifyou know of anyone who might be interested, let meknow.I will have him neutered and take careofhis coat.
Even though I know my limit is 3 too (my bf is the bunnydicatorright now... *sad face*) I keep coming backto this thread and looking at his precious face. I have beentalking to my bf about him and the answer is still NO NO NO!and I am also in CA which is a tad far from you even if I could adopthim. sigh

I hope he finds a good home...

please keep me updated, k? I find myself "loving" him from his picture already...

i also keep coming back here to look athim:inlove:.. i wish i could have him! i havent had a chance to reallysit down and talk with mom yet...i can get another bunny...im just notsure when...it might be a few months or so..who knows:ponder:... but ifi was able i would take him in a minute!

but hurray for laura taking him in until he finds ahome!:jumpforjoy:hmm..i have a feeling he might have already foundone....lol

What part of Tennessee? I am in NW....near Jackson and I would love to have him if you arent to far away. I've been looking for a minilop the last couple of months but when I saw him, well, let's just say I'm a sucker for a pretty face.

Thanks,

Curt

what ever happened with shadow,there has been no update for a while,

Laura you didnt fall in love with this bunny did you?lol

curt,that is so kind of you to think about this bunny,it would be wonderful if he still needs a home and you could give him that:D

he sure is a handsome little fella,and just look at his baby picture,awww what a darling:)

cheryl:)

My neighbor changed her mind AGAIN and decided to keep him. I was really upset by the whole situation. I know he's not being cared for properly.

I hate the thought of him sitting over there, wasting away in that little cage. I don't know whatelse to do. I've been fretting over this rabbit for MONTHS, but I have to let it go now. Myhands are tied. I've tried everything to get him.

Laura

Laura wrote:
My neighbor changed her mind AGAIN and decided to keep him. I was really upset by the whole situation. I know he's not being cared for properly.

I hate the thought of him sitting over there, wasting away in that little cage. I don't know whatelse to do. I've been fretting over this rabbit for MONTHS, but I have to let it go now. Myhands are tied. I've tried everything to get him.

Laura

:cry2poor bun...maybe your neighbor will change their mind again... if you found a good home and talked to them about it do you think they would change their mind?
..was he everneutered?

oh i just wanted to let you know that if they do change their minds again im not sure i couldtake him anymore,i want to wait awhilebeforei getanother bun,but i would take him if no one else could..

let us know if anything changes..:hug:

if this person has changed their minds a few times already well there is a good chance that she will eventually change her mind again and when she does quickly grab him and put him under lock and key,either she wants the bunny or she dont.

poor little guy,could have went to a much happier home with someone that will love on him always,tsk,tsk,tsk,shame.

cheryl

Just let me know if the neighbor waivers again.....what part of TN are you located? If they relinquish the bun....he's sure to find a happier existance.

Latest posts

Back