Temperatures?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard like 70 degrees...I think it was 70... lol that is like the perfect temp. ya know? It's not to hot and not to cold. :)So they wont be under any stress from the heat or shrivled up because its so cold! rofl

ok coolies. then I guess I will set something up in my room *since that is the only place big enough for them lol inside*, and hook up the window AC in there. Because I had my girls out side *their part of the yard was nice and comfy I thought. *about 85, and the girls loved it, that's when they binkied the most*
But they won't have babies for me! I keep breeding my two girls and they just aren't getting pregnant. One girl has had one litter before *that was my buried litter* where the other one never before. I think it's the buck, because he is a just not a very accurate boy >_<*

not too cold not too hot(this is more important for the bucks as the sperm may not be as sterile, although im sure it wouldnt be too comfortable for a doe either). Breeder told me a full moon helps set the mood. lol

As far as your girls not taking. Did they have a litter before the age of 10 months - 1 year? if they didn't then it would be very hard to get a litter out of them as they get older.

Well my V Lop is now... *looking at teh papers* just over a year *her b-day was May 26th, 2009* She had a litter In April *I think it was either March or April* but that was her first litter as far as I know. The breeder I got her from had trouble with her having babies, and then I haven't been able to breed her since *she didn't care for the babies, and in her grumpy mood, she thumped on them, and killed, them, because I dug them out of the burrow she made in her pen. *they were deathly thin, and had eye infections, and one had died in there*
So since then, she has yet to conceive. I am trying to see though if she gets pregnant from my Flemish to see if it is her or him. *she is almost as big as he is right now*
And my Flemish Female who is 7 months and 15lbs I bred to the male V lop to see if it is him. so far neither have been fruitful. So I figured I would try to see about the temps.
Right now the girls are normally in 85-90. *like I said they were fine, if it got to even 91, zip into the house they come where they thump and glare >_<* but the boys have been housed inside the whole time, but it's normally 75-80.

then it sounds like your doing everything right. you know its funny how people think breeding rabbits is so easy. when we know that isnt always true.

Back