Temper Tantrum

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
lol, I just had to fill you all in. I now know whymy parents used to laugh at me when we had temper tantrums asakid, it's quite funny!

Here I am, laying in Mocha's half of the cage (literally) since eachhalf is 4 feet long, I need to lay in it to clean out the far side. Iput my winter gloves on that I use to clean out some of that stuff andclimbed into the cage. Mocha knows when I have gloves on, because healways attacks my hand and bites it, but is a bit less rough with mybare hands, though he still will bite. He was getting so mad at me forcleaning out the stuff and invading his cage! He doesn't mind me in itso much, it's justme reaching where he's sitting to clean itout and not petting him in the process (I need more hands! lol). So Ifinish cleaning it out, and put the stuff back in his cage. He's notone to throw things around his cage, he's more of a chewer than atosser. When I put his food dish in, he was having a temper tantrum,and flung it across his cage, spilling the rest of the pellets fromearlier today. It was so funny to watch because you can so see how madhe was, lmao.

And then there was Spice who was more intent to climb on my while I wascleaning his side, what a sweety, I had to attach his little box houseto the wire bottom to keep him from throwing itaround hiscage and making an absolute disaster! No matter how many toys he has,he has to play with his cardboard box house. I think he knows mommydoesn't want him playing with that and making more of a mess, lol.

I do think the hair Mocha ingested while grooming was the cause of hislack of appetite, now when I clean his poop corner, you can see all thelittle stringies that tell methat thepineapplehelping to clear out his system well. I'm sorelieved! Mocha is totally back to his normal self.

Laura, Moch, & Spice

LOL! Those temper tantrums are reallysomething, aren't they? I tell you, the first time my sweetSherman threw a tantrum I was knocked off of my feet. Icouldn't believe it! I didn't even know bunnies couldthrow tantrums.

Mocha and Spice are just little sugar dumplings, so they're entitled tothrow one very small, teeny, tiny tantrum every now andthen.

I didn't think rabbits had them either until Mochagot older. lol, it's funny. They tend to throw tantrums a lot, but it'sall too funny to give in to what they want.

Laura, Moch, & Spice

ahaha!! Their temper tantrums are too funny! Oreothrew ones when I had to give her hairball medicine lol oh man did Iget dirty looks from that! ahah and if I tried to give her a treat as apeace offering, she wouldn't take it & shed run around& make sure her back was turned towards me lol they are toomuch! She dumped her hay bowl & flung it around as well :)

~pam

Good job, Laura, for solving the appetite/furballs/treats issue. Yousolved more than one this time around. Keep up the good work!

As to the temper tantrums, they crack me up, but it's kind ofembarrassing when they have a fit when people are over. It's not reallyembarrassing, it's more amusing, but he bangs around his hay rack sohard that people stop and say, "What was That??" "Oh that's just Tuckerhavin a fit because his hay is low and he needs it refilled." He alwaysgets a laugh. I've come to take his messages for granted. He's such aDrama King. He has to make a Really Big Noise: the Bigger the Bang, theTaller the King.

-Carolyn

LOL too cute, M&Smom and Bunnymommy (you have a furry back turned to you right now? aww :(

My lil feelings get hurt when this is done to me, but due to herwhimsical nature (isnt that a nice way to put it?) I am getting overit....*grin grin* I finally had to put her hay in a ceramic dish thatshe COULDNT toss since Jade moved into the cage with the bolted downfood holders-tossing is their most favorite past-time when throwing afit! Now that Jez is getting eyedrops...

I take her out and tell her its time to "massage the bear" haha, inother words there is a flat pillow on the couch with a pic of a cutesybear on it, as I sit her on it and put the drops in, shetakes out her frustrations on this poor seat cushion,when all is saidand done the bear has a good massage and Jezebel has managed to mangleit all up in a ball AND toss the other show pillows off the couch...shereally is quite the character

Cher

(who is hopefully going home in the next few min to eyeballs looking at her as opposed to a back or two)

That little brat. Mocha had yet another temper tantrum this morning.

Here I am putting Spice's food in his cage, as it's the closer side ofthe cage, and Mocha could see I was feeding Spice first. Spice calmlystarts eating and is a good boy, so I go over to Mocha's half, open hisdoor, put the container with his pellets in, and what does that littlebrat do?! Before I get a chance to close the door, he picks up thecontainer and flings it out his door and the pellets go flying! So I gorefill it, go to put it back in, place it farther away from the doorand then take out his water dish to change the water, while I was doingthis, he drags his food bowl over to the door, and throws it out again!By now I'm laughing so hard at his antics. So finally he allows me toput his food bowl in after refilling it again and doesn't throw it out.Nope, this time he goes for the water dish which I just refilled. Inthe end I managed to fill the water and close the door quickly, he gaveup tossing things around and out the door then.

And people say bunnies aren't smart, he knew full well what he wasdoing! Never did I thing I would see the day that Mocha actually drughis bowl to the door and throws it out. What a booger!

Laura, Moch, & Spice

HB104 wrote:
LOL toocute, M&Smom and Bunnymommy (you have a furry back turned toyou right now? aww :(
Yes, he was mad1) Because I wouldn't give him a treat; and2) Because I tried to pick himup.
My lil feelings get hurt when this is done to me, but due to herwhimsical nature (isnt that a nice way to put it?) I am getting overit....*grin grin*
Sherman used to really hurt my feelings whenhe would pout and throw tantrums ... but now I'm just getting used toit ... LOL!
Cher

(who is hopefully going home in the next few min to eyeballs looking ather as opposed to a back ortwo)
BOL! I know EXACTLY what youmean!!!

lol, he's pouting now! I went to check on him tomake sure he had water, adn he won't come out of his box. If he hearsthe ruffle of a bag or my coat he sticks his nose out the door but whenhe sees I have nothing, he turns promptly around and all I see is hisfluffly tail sticking out the door. He's going to make me cave.

lol, this is the part I admit I'm a treataholic also. :p

Laura, Moch, & Spice

Latest posts

Back