Tell the cottage grove riding club that rabbit cruelty will not be tolerated!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so messed up... Sometimes the way people can completely ignore the fact that these animals have thoughts and feelings absolutely baffles me. Has anyone got any sort of reply from these people?

Yes, I also emailed them last night. Then I dreamt about it all night.

I think I'll also forward the info to a couple rescues I know that can spread the word on their facebook.

Thanks silversky, I sent an email and will sign the petition. I had to stop the video after the woman tossed the rabbit from under the trailer, it was just too horrible to watch. I'm amazed there were no broken backs or legs for the poor rabbits. :(

This is absolutely horible. I really can't understand how anyone could do that. It seems to kids at least are being slightly more mature in the way they handle the bunnies at least (not in the whole scramble but the way they held them), which is pretty amazing. Usually its quite the opposite with kids holding bunnies...This whole video is just so sad.

I have signed petition. Posted it on facebook. Shared video and the petition with the bunny organisations subscribed to on facebook yesterday hoping to get the word out to as many people as I possibly can about this very cruel and inhumane practice.

:nosir: I am shocked poor bunnies. The kids did seem to handle the bunnies better than the people trying to set them up for the event. The bunny under the trailer broke my heart.

I signed the petition, too.

If anyone hears an update, please post it! I so hope that this group takes this seriously and is convinced to stop.

I just sent them an e-mail telling them I would be ashamed and disgusted if I was a member and that I'm going to E-mail the State Attorney General and demand an investigation and that charges should be brought against several people seen in the video as well as sanctions brought against the place that it was held at and the aforementioned organization. That was so the kids could catch and take a bunny home! Hell of a screening process. Wonder how many were given to a "shelter" or just turned out?:tantrum::banghead:tantrum::banghead:tantrum::banghead:tantrum::banghead:tantrum::banghead:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox

Bunny World Foundation in CA (where my bunnies came from) has shared the link on their facebook and there were 23 responses in the past hour alone. Most said thatthey emailed the club too!

I showed this to my 12 yr old and 17 yr old without me commenting first. They both were astonished at this video. If my 12 yr old can see the horror plain as day, why couldn't all those supposed adultsin attendance???

This is wonderful that there has been such a response. Sometimes its easier to look away but its very important that we spread a message that rabbits are not mindless things with no feelings. They are just as deserving as a dog or cat and need to be treated with kindness.
If it had been puppies being thrown out of the trailer,kicked and tossed then no parent would have stood for it.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
I just sent them an e-mail telling them I would be ashamed and disgusted if I was a member and that I'm going to E-mail the State Attorney General and demand an investigation and that charges should be brought against several people seen in the video as well as sanctions brought against the place that it was held at and the aforementioned organization. That was so the kids could catch and take a bunny home! Hell of a screening process. Wonder how many were given to a "shelter" or just turned out?:tantrum::banghead:tantrum::banghead:tantrum::banghead:tantrum::banghead:tantrum::banghead:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox:soapbox
Good for you. I told them they should simply correct the issue, but I realize that I am wrong. Even if they do correct the issue, it still happened, and it can't be legal; it's definitely not right. They SHOULD be punished and you are right to take action.

I write freelance for Yahoo, and I'm wondering if I should write an article. It's not like I get much exposure (I think the most views I've gotten in a short period of time are like 200,) but maybe it will help a little.

kkiddle wrote:
I write freelance for Yahoo, and I'm wondering if I should write an article.
A coupla' questions to ask may be: what kind of care info do they give out with the bunnies, do they give a few days of food with the rabbitand how many of those rabbits are alive after a month.

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Care info??? Most likely not happening here.

Not only that, but I doubt they will respond to my emails anyway. I was thinking more of an informational piece ;)

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
If it had been puppies being thrown out of the trailer,kicked and tossed then no parent would have stood for it.
The very same analogy came to my mind last night. It fits very well. Imagine 8 week old puppies being lined up like that for the onslaught. :X

This is so horrific! I couldn't watch the whole video. Was imagining if it were my Rascal out there... I nearly cried!

Signed the petition. Will probably send an email too.

:(

Latest posts

Back