Tell me about Flemish Giants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA!!! You guys are too funny!!! :D

Yes, next time I'll just put a dime in, or something...and try not toget too close-up. I think I was thinking too much as far asnot getting too much dead space in the picture.Hehe!! :D

But, yes, I agree...the detail is disturbing...and quite gross!! :?

JadeIcing wrote:
The details on those pics is disturbing.

Ahem. Yes. Well. Plenty of roughage there. Very well fed bunnies. Exellent stool sample.

Not really sure what else to say. :shock:

I thought I might resurrect this thread, since it's so neat to me that we finally have our baby Flemish Giant boy, Teeny. :D

We're having SO much fun with him...he's so cuddly, and smart, and so different from the other bunnies in how he moves, and reacts, and lazes around...

I can't tell ya'll how blessed I feel with all my ten babies (hey, the kitties count in that...hehe!). I feel like the dream I always had as a child has come true in them being here...and I feel like I've got buns of all variences.

I've got the TINY mini-rexes, the lop, the rescues, the dwarf (mix), the blue eyed white, the Flemish Giant. Oh man...and such a varience on color! Broken black, broken tort, broken fawn, golden fawn, black, black with vienna genes mixed in, chinchilla, pure white...oh man...

It's just so neat having so many amazing babies...:D

And add to that the fact that it's almost Maisie's second birthday...it sure is happy times over here! :D

I'm having a vast ammount of entertainment reading this thread. I had no idea, except by being with them, that Flemmies slept 10 hours a day. Mine are usually parked in a corner of my office, snoozing together in a cuddly little pile or just lying together peacefully. They love each other so much, will this change once Bracken is older? I'm planning on having him neutered. When would be a good time for this since I'd like to have it done before sexual tension breaks their bond?? He's ten weeks old now.

Oh, and poops are BIG here too!!!

I think Tiny sleeps more like 16-18 hours per day....snuggled with Miss Bea of course...

Peg

Maukin wrote:
I had no idea, except by being with them, that Flemmies slept 10 hours a day.

I have to agree, it is so much fun having a flemish giant! I swear Nebula is smarter than my other two rabbits combined, and he's such a character. If I can manage to get all three rabbits bonded, he will be the ring leader of the bunch.

Although I haven't noticed his poops being any bigger than my other two quite yet.

The adults rest a lot, but the babies tend to be pretty active and curious.

This pair of boysare just 3 months old (tomorrow) and already over 8 lbs each.... they love to check out new corners and chase the dogs. (The dogs don't like that game!) They calm down around 10-14 months of age. Then they become the household doorstop. LOL!

3months1.jpg

BlueGiants wrote:
The adults rest a lot, but the babies tend to be pretty active and curious.
Tell me about it! Teeny is by far the most curious of the bunch...ever. He's already far surpassed the others' ability to get into trouble, and is DYING to meet Trixie everytime I open his upper cage door...it's so cute! He's so social, and so eager to say hello to everyone that comes by...he'll chase ya down to say hi! :D

I'm enjoying the curiousity and goofiness while it lasts!! :D

My guyes can be downright goofy!!

They binky and play and chase, and then they're done and they flop out and rest for an hour or six. Lichen is beginning to calm down at bit. When nutball time is over he likes to flop next to my computer chair and I talk to him. I'm going to have to build him a bigger house soon!!!!

Latest posts

Back