Teeth question?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what seperates lagomorphs (rabbits) from rodents. Rabbits have two sets of inscisors on the top (one behind the other) and one set on the bottom.

PS, how DID you get that picture? I have a hard enough time just getting the mouth open to take a look at the teeth, but add a camera!?! LOL

[align=center]Oh cool! I was kinda worried for a lil bit! XD
And well... I dunno. XD It was so hard, some of the pics didn't even turn out cause he would move his mouth/close it. He's a very tolerant rabbit I guess XD

(Notice how my fingers are like, in his mouth XD)

Yup, the ones in behind are just peg teeth. They rarely ever cause problems, from what I have heard, although we have to keep an eye on Wallaby because he had his overgrow on him once and it was coming around to the front. Luckily we just had a friend trim it and we haven't had any problems since. But yeah, supposedly it's rare to have a problem with them :)

Getting that pic took some skill, kudos.

Kipcha wrote:
Yup, the ones in behind are just peg teeth. They rarely ever cause problems, from what I have heard, although we have to keep an eye on Wallaby because he had his overgrow on him once and it was coming around to the front. Luckily we just had a friend trim it and we haven't had any problems since. But yeah, supposedly it's rare to have a problem with them :)

Getting that pic took some skill, kudos.

[align=center]Thanks for answering ^_^
That sucks about Wallaby.. glad he hasn't had any problems since :biggrin:

And why thank you :big wink:

That is the best picture I've ever seen of peg teeth. Very impressive.

[align=center]I just looked up peg teeth in rabbits and I can't find any picture like the one I took... only side-views (or skulls)... I'm feeling pretty proud of myself currently... =)

Thanks Flick! =D

Latest posts

Back