Teeth Clicking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocelyn31

Reaction score
So today I picked up my lionhead now about 3 months old and was grooming him and he was clicking his teeth. I have never heard it before from him. He looked comfy enough and was hopping around like normal but man those teeth were clicking.
Is there a way to tell between pain and bunny pleasure?

Usually when you are petting them,ttheir eyes Are closing and their teeth are clicking this is contentment. But if they are huddled by themselves eyes wide open and grinding their teeth this is a sign of severe pain.

well thats what I was thinking was strange too. He didnt stop clicking when I stopped petting but he did seem to stop when he was placed on the floor and ran over to his food. I am probably just over reacting

.... My past 2 rabbits never clicked their teeth so its just kind of strange to me

Probably contentment. My rabbit chatters her teeth when I rub her nose. And as long as she stopped and was acting normal afterwords, it's probably nothing to worry about.

My cuddle bunny tends to softly grind her teeth if I rub under her ears where the jaw connects. She will chatter her teeth if I'm petting her nose or rubbing her ears. Sometimes I see her doing the teeth chatter and hear little oinking sounds when she antissipates breakfast. She loves breakfast :)

I think some rabbits are just more prone to making noises.

I suppose its also strange since he never appeared to have much interest in us. Maybe he needs more one on one. I think I have been favouring the other bun

just an update he really was just really enjoying the cuddles. I tried it again today. It took a little longer but low and and behold he began clicking away

Jocelyn31 wrote:
just an update he really was just really enjoying the cuddles. I tried it again today. It took a little longer but low and and behold he began clicking away
Thats awesome....I wish I could ecperience this! Thumper doesn't do this at all, I would have no idea what this was If I heard it cause..Thumper doesn't do it. Hoever she did grunt at me when I was trying to pick her up out of her cage yesterday...first time I heard her do that, I think she was mad because I was taking her out and can't pick her up really good the way her cage is set up so she gets alittle upset...but settles down.

Latest posts

Back