teeth and chewing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kblair

Reaction score
I recently looked at my rabbits' teeth and thebottom front ones look kinda crooked-they stick out and to the side abit. None of my other rabbits have had teeth this crooked, soalthough she hasn't been eating differently and seems to have noproblem closing her mouth I am kinda concerned. Can anyone elserelate to this?Also, my other rabbits chewed on wood and other thingsmore than my current rabbit wants to, any ideas of other things to givethem?

If a rabbit's teeth do not line up properly,they will need to be trimmed by a vet. Otherwise they willkeep growing (even with things to chew on, though it will definitlyhelp).

Rabbits actually have two sets of teeth on the top, the ones you seethen a small set just behind them that meet up with the bottomteeth. The Rabbit Health References has a section on teeth:http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11901&forum_id=10

Can you take some pictures of your bunny's teeth?

Apple branches are a bit hit with my guys. Make sure thereare no pesticides or sprays on the trees first, mine came from anorganic orchard. Other fruit trees work as well, but you haveto dry them out by baking them in the oven.

--Dawn

She will need her teeth trimmed by someone thatknows how, a vet or other experienced rabbit breeder.they cannot wearthem down by eating branches or woodif they are alreadycrooked.bluebird

Latest posts

Back