Teddy Lops not known in the U.S.?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mummel

Reaction score
[align=center]Its not an Angora, its not a fuzzy lop or satin or cashmere..[/align]

[align=center]Its a Teddy Lop :D[/align]

[align=center]
OsterFussel.jpg
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Emily, 1 yr. old[/align]

[align=center]Standard: [/align]

[align=center]Floppy eared bun with extremely fluffy and fuzzy hairall over and one length. Face has to be so plushy you can hardly seeeyes and they get that persian cat flat face look.[/align]

[align=center]When born they usually are naked for longer thannormal buns and the first hair that grows is triangle shaped on theirback. The face stays naked and a little ugly at first. [/align]

[align=center]Comparison Pics of Teddy and Lionhead(Angoralöwen or Löwe)kits:http://www.beepworld.de/members85/meine_teddyzwergkaninchen/teddy_oder_loewe.htm[/align]

[align=center]It is a pretty new breed and not acknowledged yet. Whatsurprises me is that the breeders claim that those bunnys descent fromU.S. Lines !! But funny how noone in the U.S. seems to have heard ofthose bunnys.[/align]

[align=center]example:http://www.nellys-zwergkaninchen.de/rassen/teddyw.htm[/align]

[align=center]I know its german but note how often they write US...[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Now I would like to know if anyone knows a breederof Teddy Lops or at least a U.S. Teddy?? O_O[/align]

[align=center]
zz1.jpg
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Susi, 1 1/2 yrs. old[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Emi[/align]

That's really weird that breeders over there saythat they came from the US. I wonder if the gene that makes them thatfuzzy is related to the lionheads, cause they also have parts that takelonger to grow fur in. Does that mean that some of them loose theirlong fur as they get older?

What cuties!!! Are they hard to keep tangle-free? Their coat looks more cottony than the fuzzy lops over here.

Clarzoo

I think they have something in common..lionheads look fluffy as babysand teddys look naked the first couple of days. Once they grow up youcan tell that lionheads have less hair ,and its terminal hairs.

Teddys have soft wooly vellus hairs under their coat..looks funny whenthey get a trim..emily looks like a sheep right now. Many lioneads looklike teddys at first but loose their hair when they get older.

JadeIcing wrote:
I dont know but I want Susi.:inlove:
^^Susi is so pretty..hehe.

My Sabe looks like she could be a teddy, but sheis a purebred lionhead I think it all depends on the breeding causeSabe is very fuzzy around the face, saddle and flanks...where Brazil isvery clean and just very fuzzy in the mane area both are allmost thesame age and double maned.

No matter I just love them all.

Maybe their somewhat related to the American Fuzzy Lops.... Don't know what to say but they are cute. How much do they weigh?

AWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She lookssoooooooooooo cute!!!! lol It does look like a Fuzzy Lop though eventhough it isn't. Isn't that kinda weird that bunny isn't a fuzzy.:shock:

I have been told fuzzy lops have short head fur. Teddys are supposed to be as fluffy as possible around the face..:?

Im sure they are related to other longhaired breads and by breeding with the most furry ones Teddys were created..;)

Celestial Wind

Sabe has some of Moses features..her fur is a tiny bit longer at theflanks and saddle than the one on the back. Moses wouldnt be a realteddy either..more like a mix. But so far the only russian with longfur I have seen.

Back