Teddies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acacia-Berry

Reaction score
Does anybody else notice a significant decrease in stress when treating their bunnies for something if they hold the bunny's favorite teddy close to them?
I was giving Acacia's abscess a hot bath and snuggled her grey bunny teddy into her, she was dramatically less stressed.

My buns don't have a teddy but it would make sense since they think of them as other bunnies... :)

I've never had to treat Ellie for anything, but she does have an elephant that is always near her. She pulls it close when she sleeps, she grooms it sometimes. So I would assume that if I took her anywhere or had to give her any kind of treatment, she would probably want to the elephant with her then too.

Makes total sense to me!

Haha, I couldn't bond my old minirex to Acacia years ago (because she wasn't supposed to mine for keeps and she wasn't spayed) so I gave her this grey stuffed bunny (which I had originally bought for my dog). Ever since then.

The vet didn't think it was a good idea to have a toy in the carrier when I brough my mini rex in for a tooth removal which made me sad bc aren't vets supposed to at least listen to clients for the reasons they included a stuffy?! I stopped seeing that vet for various reasons, one being that.

Aw, an little stuffed elephant?? Never thought of a non-bunny stuffy! Cute!

No, I don't think Acacia thinks it's another rabbit but it noticably calms her when she's out. She's a pretty shy bunny, alsways has been. She grooms it frequently :) There's a youtub video of a bunny hopping down a hallway with a teddy in its mouth!

Latest posts

Back