Tea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethM

Reaction score
This is totally random.....

This is the time of year when my husband starts having to duck when he opens the cabinet because boxes of tea start falling out on him. Last time I was at World Market, they had PG Tips on sale ($9.99 for 120 tea bags), plus I had a coupon for 15% off. I figured I would try it.

Wow! This puts American tea to shame! Is all English tea this good!? Because I don't think I can drink American tea anymore, now it tastes likedirty water to me.

I'm addicted to tea! Don't like PG Tips though, its gross! I like Twinging's. They do Early Grey with Vanilla which is so nice! And their Assam is pretty nice.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

pinksalamander wrote:
I'm addicted to tea!

:baghead

..........Me too :lookaround

The other day when I had a sore throat I had about 10 cups of tea, LITERALLY!

Though I was ill,, TEA ROCKS :woohoo

That's expensive :shock:! I haven't had PG tips for years (but remember the funny adverts with the chimps well) but a box of their tea bags was $3 for 100 last time I saw them.

I like dilmah tea, I love tea and don't drink coffee anymore so we go through lots of tea bags in a week. I just usually get whatever is on special though it all tastes the same to me.

I have mine very strong with lots of sugar and I always leave the teabag in the cup while I'm drinking, yum!

Fancy shop coffee is yum, I like mochacinnos. But so expensive :X, can be $4 just for a little cup of coffee, and that's 4kg of rabbit food money there.

That IS expensive. I just get powdered nescafe stuff, but it's yummy :D

I can't drink stuff when I'm out because too many types of coffee upset my tummy, lol.

You have that too? :shock: Neat! I have 5 empty containers of the mocha stuff in the cupboard :p. I was addicted to that for the last few weeks and just gave it up the other day, I was having a whole container every two days. Sakura loves the smell of it and goes bonkers if I give her an empty container to play with.

Hehe Ireland is in the 2007 guinness book of records for drinking the most tea per person per year :)Tea is like our main drink here, I drink approx. 35 cups a week, that's 5 a day. Is aoibhinn liom mo cupan tae! England has the records for eating the most baked beans and sweets per person per year! haha.

WOAH that's expensive tea bags!!!

I LOVE tea.... I go through phases where I don't 'remember' to drink it for a while lol, but right now I'm in the drinking-5-cups-a-day phase :)

I always buy Tea Direct- fairtrade tea :D But I also love the Twinings 'English Breakfast' tea if I can't get the fairtrade stuff....

Ooooh, the other day I went to our local farm shop, and me and my mum were looking at all the groceries, the different brands that you can't buy in regular supermarkets, etc. I found Teapigs tea bags. They were really expensive, at £3.49 for 15 tea bags :shock: but I thought I'd give it a try, and bought some of the Morning Glory tea, and OMG! It is soooooo nice!!!!

We went to Sri Lanka last year and went to a tea plantation. I came home with a year's supply of loose tea. It's amazing stuff.... really nice and strong and flavour....ish lol, but you have to really make a whole pot and do it properly.

I can't drink coffee too much, it gives me.....gas (been around you guys so much I forget the English phrases for things now lol!0..... I end up having to take Gaviscon after it, and a whole night in San Francisco was ruined and we had to stay in because I'd drunk too much lovely coffee in one day! :p

mouse_chalk wrote:
it gives me.....gas (been around you guys so much I forget the English phrases for things now lol!
I've forgotten what we say for gas here too :shock:! On no! We are losing our English-ness ;)! Not that I had much to begin with but I associate myself with Britain more than anything :p.

A good old fart would probably do though :cool:. Wind? Hmm. I can't remember.

NZminilops wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
it gives me.....gas (been around you guys so much I forget the English phrases for things now lol!
I've forgotten what we say for gas here too :shock:! On no! We are losing our English-ness ;)! Not that I had much to begin with but I associate myself with Britain more than anything :p.

A good old fart would probably do though :cool:. Wind? Hmm. I can't remember.
LOL!

I think we call it either indigestion, or hearburn here.... I'm not so sure.... To be honest, I always just called it 'tummy ache' before, but I think gas does actually describe it pretty well! It's kind of random how I used to be able to drink coffee quite well but now I can't :(

I usually call it gurgly tummy... or tummy ache... or a good fart will do! :p

Ooo That Early Grey with Vanilla sounds good. I'm not a fan of much tea - I like regular iced tea (only if it's properly brewed!) and the same for hot tea with lots of sugar. I think I'd like to try some basic teas with the vanilla...... not a fan of things like orange in them tho.

pinksalamander wrote:
I'm addicted to tea! Don't like PG Tips though, its gross! I like Twinging's. They do Early Grey with Vanilla which is so nice! And their Assam is pretty nice.

Sorry but Pennie I am laughing at your "Early Tea" haha!

Jen that is funny because gas here is the gas in your intestines, not your tummy, so that makes what I said funny! Gas in your tummy is "I need to burp" here. Gas at the other end is "farting" or "letting one off" :p.

NZminilops wrote:
Sorry but Pennie I am laughing at your "Early Tea" haha!

Jen that is funny because gas here is the gas in your intestines, not your tummy, so that makes what I said funny! Gas in your tummy is "I need to burp" here. Gas at the other end is "farting" or "letting one off" :p.
Bleugh!!! I have a phobia of the 'B-word'..... I literally can't stand to hear it, or hear of it lol! *shivers*

I don't know what kind of gas/tummy ache it is, but it's high up in my stomach, under my chest really, and it hurts a lot and makes me feel cold and shivery.... it doesn't affect my bowels, if you know what I mean.... it's so weird.... :?

Latest posts

Back