Tattoos? Anybody?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I love your work! It's awesome! Love those betas! Way cool.

Thanks everybody for sharing :) I haven't been to get my foot work done yet... Lol no not because I'm a chicken... (ok well maybe a little lol) but I just haven't decided to sure on a final design... So I pushed the date back a few weeks so I can be sure! I do have my portrait consultation on the 14th though... OMG, I can't wait... It's gonna be awesome to have my mommy on my shoulder all the time :) I can't wait! :)

I love looking at the artwork of tatoos, but I'm not cut out for that. Truly nothing against anyone who has them, it's just not me.

But beautiful artwork, all of you! These are artists that very few people acknowledge. And they are artists!

K:)

Wow Amy, I LOVE the bunnies and kitty in your tattoos, they are so special and full of meaning!! I also like the other ones very much, but the fact that you have your own pets makes them more meaningful. Pretty cool, they're all very beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the pics with us - and I can imagine it must have taken you some time to be able to photograph them yourself, hehe

Here is mine, I want more but not sure what yet. I have always been a dog person even before the rabbits so here is a heart with paws representing my love for dogs.
I've had it for almost 3 years now this is when it was fresh
3471976553_9139c67687.jpg

I got a brown ying-yang on the inside of my wrist last summer - just to remind me that there's always a balance of things.
I plan on getting 2-3 more tattoos someday depicting my love for writing, photography, and bohemian life.

16456_271342_290000000.jpg

Well since everyone is sharing pics, I thought I would too! :)

This is my first, on my left wrist... It's wings with 143 which means I love you. I got this just 3weeks after my mom passed away very suddenly.

a460256b.jpg

I got this on my right wrist a few weeks later (I got the verse and the dove seperately) the verse is one of my favorites and it's actually in my moms handwriting, taken directly from her bible!

a83a5748.jpg

This is one I got about 6 weeks ago... It's a closed lotus (representing balance and peace) and a ladybug (representing good luck and fertility) and my hubby's initials are in the stem :) *it's black and gray... This pic was when it was first done so that's why it looks a little red*

22a8d444.jpg

I also have a simple celtic cross on my back, but it's hard to take a pic of that one myself lol

I have 6, but i can really only get a shot of 2 by myself!

The 2 small stars are for my boys, and the big star is for my husband.. more kids = more stars LOL. If we ever have a girl i'll make that star in pink :)

The ankle tatt is a cover up. I had this really bad ugly tatt there, and it got turned into this! So happy with the outcome.

032712160626.jpg

032712160750.jpg

So much beautiful ink! Amy I love the bettas and can't wait to see what it looks like when the colour's done. I'm thinking of getting one, a series of kitty paw prints near my right hip, I've had several special kitties in my life and little paws is quite fitting. Why the hip? Because unfortunately my mother's married to an a*$hole who's stuck in the 1960's and would try to get my mother to disown me if I get inked. My mother doesn't care and think she'd like the idea as she's a crazy cat person too

So I finally got the foot piece that I first wrote this post about lol I had to reschedule a few times due to sickness once and twice more because I just couldn't get the design "just right" but I finally did! And viola!

Infinite Love <3

187cd890.jpg

And as far as pain, which I was super worried about... It seriously wasn't that bad! There were a few spots that def hurt but nothing that made me cry or anything... Idk what I was worried about :)

35jb1ba.jpg

I was gonna get it extended down through my lower back and onto my other hip, we'll see how I feel about it in a couple years. I am a huge fan of tattoo's and piercings. I had my industrial done

1zbxge0.jpg

but it wasn't done right and I had to remove it sadly. I love this kind of piercing and I would definitely do it again.

photo1ip.jpg

photo1ip.jpg
I've got a butterfly on my back too, but I often forget that it's there haha :)

My anchor on my foot was AGONY. It only took about 45 mins - an hour, but it swelled up sooooo much :(

I'd love to get more, but it's just lack of funds. Plus I'm tryna be a scientist, and even my lecturers used to look at me funny when I had lots of piercings, never mind employers :shock:

Figure I'd share my piece, an ocelot head done back in March. Took one 6 and a half hour session which was a lot of fun and really didn't start to hurt until about 4 and half-5 hours in, coloring over fresh black shading is the worst! The picture is right after it was done but I don't feel like taking a new one as it looks exactly the same now that it's healed, except for the teeny bit of redness you can see around the black beads at the top. Those were done last. Being OCD about taking care of healing tattoos really pays off.

jeQfP.jpg

It's the start of double leg sleeves eventually, this one being unusual animal/creature themed and the other being various birds. This one's on my left leg, upper thigh on the side of my body so its fairly large. I'm getting the itch to get my second but I have to wait until spring, self imposed one a year limit to help slow the money bleed that this'll be. Hopefully sharing it will help me hold on, they don't lie when they say tattoos are addictive! The piece I can't wait for in the spring will go from my knee all the way up to nearly my hip. And I'm sure there's more bunny lovers with lovely ink, show off your art :) And undergunfire, I love the lines for you betta piece. You've gotta share an update when it gets colored :)

A Facebook friend put a cartoon showing the kind of tattoo that's good in middle age & older. The woman was getting an American flag on one underarm, where the jiggling would make the flag wave, lol.

Otherwise you might want to avoid tattoos on the areas that will get saggy later on.

I don't know if it'll ever happen, but I thought about getting something red, possibly a red bow on my wrist or hand. My Grandpa Lee and I had a close bond (my family all says I am exactly like him) and he used to wear something red every day, like a red bow tie or red socks. We even dressed him in red socks for his funeral.

I don't have a tattoo but if I did it would probably be a goldfish. Goldfish are my favorite fish (next to bettas) and since I'm a pisces it would also serve as my astrological sign. I think it would be cool either on my lower leg or even across the top of my foot (thinking it would hurt in that spot though)

Amy, I love your tattoo of your cat and the betta fish are awesome. What colors are you going with? Please post photos when it's done. I can't wait to see it :biggrin:

I love tattoos! This was the first one I got on my ribcage. It's Hebrew writing of my favorite Bible verse, Isaiah 40:31. Every time the artist hit a rib, my bones rattled.

DSC00645.jpg

This is my most recent one, my wing. I plan on getting more done on it. This hurt the more than I thought it would. And it was SORE the next day.

DSC00314.jpg

*sorry the pics are so small. Photobucket and I aren't friends!*

Everyone has really nice tattoos :)

I have three:

IMG_0178.jpg

I got this one when I turned 18. Since I've always loved anything to do with the sun and the moon- and the fact that my name means "moon", I thought this tattoo would be fitting.

IMG_0172.jpg

I got this one for my dad. He loved "A Walk to Remember" and made me promise him that I'd sing "Only Hope" at his memorial service. I made good on that promise, and the next day, I went and got this tattoo.

IMG_0173.jpg

And last but not least, my bunny tattoo. Not only did I get in remembrance of Belle and Necro, but also for my love of bunnies.

I'm sorry the pictures are so big! I don't know how to resize them! :(

Back