Tattoo idea help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy27

Task Force
Reaction score
I decided I want to get my first tattoo. The problem is I can't find anything I want. I just haven't found the perfect tattoo yet. I would like to get something that represents my 2 cats and 2 rabbits. I first thought about getting an earth done with small pictures of my animals around the earth. However, after talking to the tattoo artist, he said that it may look funny because all my animals are white and white tattoo ink that small sometimes looks like a scar, but if I wanted it he would do it.

I have looked at tons of pictures and I just can't find something that would represent all my animals in a small tattoo. I was hoping the animal lovers here might have some ideas.

What about drawings of your pets (maybe just head shots if it's too big) that could be done in black. Maybe havesome kind of ribbon that goes between and around them all.

I don't have any tatoos but all three of my sisters do. I have thought about it but never really found anything I thought I would want forever. Since I'm into fish I had thought about getting a tatoo of a goldfish or a betta maybe (my favorites) I'm also Pisces so I thought it might be cool to have thezodiac sign (pisces are fish)or even a beautiful koi.

Maria, I have thought about that and I think I would love it. However, I am afraid because if I did that, it would be 4 medium sized tattoos. Then if I wanted to add any animals in the future, I would want to get a tattoo of them too.

For my first tattoo, I would like to get one smal to medium sized one. So I could do one animal. But then I would feel horrible if the pain was to much and couldn't go back to get medium sized tattoos for all my animals. That is why I was hoping I could find on medium sized tattoo to represent all of them. But may be that just isn't possible.

I thought of getting a tattoo with the animal creutly symbol, but I didn't feel like that represented my animals. I want something that I can look back on 20 years from now, and remember them. But trying to fit all of that into one small to medium tattoo is seeming impossible.

I am really excited about getting a tattoo about something I feel so strongly about so I understand why you want to get one too. I think with the things you mentioned and with me and my love of animals, it will never change. So I feel like it is a tattoo I will love forever and will always have a special meaning to me.

What if you got an anklet tattoo of all your animals, stylized like delusional's bunny iconifer buns (like the one in my sig)? Space them out a bit, so there is room to add your future pets... I think it would be pretty, them following eachother around your ankle (Little Bunny can chase her kitteh :p ) :)

I agree, I think the animal cruelty symbol doesn't really reflect your babies.
Maybe get a local tattoo artist to do a few sketches?

That is a great idea Autumn. Thanks. I probably would put Little Bunny and the cat next to each other if I did that. Just so when I look back on it years from now, I can remember how she use to chase the cat.

I have a cartoon hamster on my right foot, and then a cartoon rabbbit on my left foot. It looks really good symmetry wise; but I did run into the problem of not having a place to put a chinchilla;

But cartoon ideas are nice because you don't have to specify one animal.

Or you could do footprints. I have long debated putting a chinchilla footprint as the chinchilla tattoo.

So you could have a cat paw, rabbit paw, ect ect

I wonder if I could do a paw print and then put the letter of the animals first name in the paw print. Would that look bad. I love the idea of a paw print, but I somehow want it to connect to each animal. So I have 2 cats and 2 rabbits so I could get four paw prints. But then how would I connect each on to a specific animal. I also love the look of paw prints so if I can come up with a good idea, I would love to do that.

i like the idea of something to represent the animal instead of an actual picture of each animal, just my opinion. I love the pawprint idea, with maybe initials under them or in them. I am going to get a tattoo and i want the animals and the people i have lost in the last two years but i dont want to add all their names so i am representing them with stars incorporated into the tattoo. i cant wait to see pics of what you get

Back