Tan Babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DharmaBuns

Reaction score
My one doe (who I was fairly sure was pregnant) turns out....WAS pregnant. I'm so happy :) Since this is her first litter I'm trying to prepare myself that something technically COULD go wrong, but she's been a great mama so far. Their bellies SEEM nice and full, and when I uncover the nest in the morning just to check on everyone, it's VERY warm inside, so she does a good job at covering them again.

She had 4 babies, all black Tans.

Tanbabies.jpg

Congrats! We've found that Tans are pretty good about taking care of their young. We've never had a problem in that area. We bred 3 of our Tan does a month ago and only one took. She isyoung and a first timer, and she kindled the same day that a storm came through. She'd made a good nest in the box but had her one and only kit on the wire. :( Bummer! We'll be re-breeding this weekend. At least we got a litter of kits from my Himalayan. :D

majorv wrote:
Congrats! We've found that Tans are pretty good about taking care of their young. We've never had a problem in that area. We bred 3 of our Tan does a month ago and only one took. She isyoung and a first timer, and she kindled the same day that a storm came through. She'd made a good nest in the box but had her one and only kit on the wire. :( Bummer! We'll be re-breeding this weekend. At least we got a litter of kits from my Himalayan. :D
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! This was my doe's first litter as well, so when she was getting really close I spread some hay along the bottom of the cage in case she had one out of the box. I don't know if it would have helped though. Fortunately, I didn't have to worry about that issue :)

Now, I just have to be sure that she's nursing!

Aww they are sweet, can't wait to see pics as they grow!

Congrats!! My lionhead doe has been pulling hair out all day. I can't wait. Can't wait to see your tan babies grow up. :)

Parkinson Farms wrote:
Congrats!! My lionhead doe has been pulling hair out all day. I can't wait. Can't wait to see your tan babies grow up. :)
Good luck with your little ones!

I am really looking forward to getting pictures when they aren't looking quite so...alien-ish. I'll definitely admit that newborn baby bunnies aren't my definition of adorable, but I love them just the same. hehe

Latest posts

Back