Tan Babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DharmaBuns

Reaction score
My one doe (who I was fairly sure was pregnant) turns out....WAS pregnant. I'm so happy :) Since this is her first litter I'm trying to prepare myself that something technically COULD go wrong, but she's been a great mama so far. Their bellies SEEM nice and full, and when I uncover the nest in the morning just to check on everyone, it's VERY warm inside, so she does a good job at covering them again.

She had 4 babies, all black Tans.

Tanbabies.jpg

Congrats! We've found that Tans are pretty good about taking care of their young. We've never had a problem in that area. We bred 3 of our Tan does a month ago and only one took. She isyoung and a first timer, and she kindled the same day that a storm came through. She'd made a good nest in the box but had her one and only kit on the wire. :( Bummer! We'll be re-breeding this weekend. At least we got a litter of kits from my Himalayan. :D

majorv wrote:
Congrats! We've found that Tans are pretty good about taking care of their young. We've never had a problem in that area. We bred 3 of our Tan does a month ago and only one took. She isyoung and a first timer, and she kindled the same day that a storm came through. She'd made a good nest in the box but had her one and only kit on the wire. :( Bummer! We'll be re-breeding this weekend. At least we got a litter of kits from my Himalayan. :D
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! This was my doe's first litter as well, so when she was getting really close I spread some hay along the bottom of the cage in case she had one out of the box. I don't know if it would have helped though. Fortunately, I didn't have to worry about that issue :)

Now, I just have to be sure that she's nursing!

Parkinson Farms wrote:
Congrats!! My lionhead doe has been pulling hair out all day. I can't wait. Can't wait to see your tan babies grow up. :)
Good luck with your little ones!

I am really looking forward to getting pictures when they aren't looking quite so...alien-ish. I'll definitely admit that newborn baby bunnies aren't my definition of adorable, but I love them just the same. hehe

Latest posts

Back